EVANSVILLE...

lowsingle

Yes...he died in a car accident...I believe. He spent a few weekends at my home in Ft. Branch with D.J.! He was a very fun loving kid. I'm not going to comment on the incident, but outside of that 1 event I only saw a very couteous young man who could eat the heck out of spaghetti.

My older brother wrestled him, all I remember was him being picked up and put in a half while in the air and set down on his back ever so gently!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MD85 I guess I will also reply it is over let it go he lost his temper at the end of the match. You don't know his character so don't make comments about it if you don't know the kid. He has never been in trouble in school or anywhere else for that matter, he is a great student and achieves his goals he makes for himself in the classroom and will go to a great school because of that. Wrestling comes second and yes he needs to work on his temper when he loses sometimes. It was a heated match and everytime they wrestle it is. He made a mistake and as I posted before everbody has to make a big deal about it. Let him, his coaches and parents handle the situation. Did he hurt you or anybody else? no he only hurt himself so let it go!  Mind your own business and worry about yourself and your family!  Why don't you people post postive thoughts on this board instead of negative ones. 

What I am getting out of this is you want everyone to hear your opinion, without anyone else's. When the comments were made they were fresh in everyone's mind and it was hard to sweep something like that under the rug. Part of dealing with a big mistake in public is having people talk about it. And I GUARANTEE if that ref wouldn't have stopped that punch from connecting with Kendle, there would be a lot of people more upset. I know Cody and he is a great kid. So instead of challenging his character and saying he did something to provoke Keif into throwing that baby tantrum, how about you enlighten us and tell us what he did? Two ref's, hundreds of people and a set of coaches didn't see it?

Grecoisu, When a kid is down and makes a mistake and you keep beating him down, is this what you teach your students at school?  I am sure glad my kids are not in your class because you have bigger issues than kief will ever have. Aren't teachers supposed to be mentors? Aren't teachers supposed uplift kids that make mistakes in life. It makes me wonder how you can be a teacher after seeing some of the posts you have made.    

when i was i high school and i wrestled i never took defeat well... but as far as throwing a fit and taking a swing on the kid i never dreamed of it... even my last match i shook the kids hand walked off to me from what i have herd keif is sorof o sore loser and he needs to calm down hes an outstanding wrestler and id like to see him advance next year

Grecoisu, When a kid is down and makes a mistake and you keep beating him down, is this what you teach your students at school?  I am sure glad my kids are not in your class because you have bigger issues than kief will ever have. Aren't teachers supposed to be mentors? Aren't teachers supposed uplift kids that make mistakes in life. It makes me wonder how you can be a teacher after seeing some of the posts you have made.     

Now YOU'RE impugning a person's reputation.  Isn't that what you said other shouldn't do?  You can't have it both ways.  Like Nickster said, if YOU let it die, it will die.

I haven't made any personal attacks that warrant you putting my professional skills down.  I have enough difficult students to handle, I'm glad I don't have your kids either!  I guess I should have been correcting your English skills after every post, that's what a good constructive teacher would do right? 

The horse is now as dead as a guard rail, stop beating it!

Why hasn't anything been said about the parents oe coaches?  I've seen a couple post saying this has been a trend deom this school.  I remember my son acted an ass when he was in 3rd grade at the virginia state freeatyle champuonships.  He lost in the quarters.  I walkes out on da mat told him to get his stuff and that he was done for the day.  He didn't realize what I meant till about 15 min later.  He asked what about wrestlebacks. I said not this year son we're out.  And we went home.  Lesson learned.  If these kids attitudes are stopped early then there wouldn't be these problems.  MattM. The danny coyne example was excellent. I too watched danny grow up that SR year and was very proud of him winning state.

well they haven't said anything about the parents because this isn't a parenting forum... and as for the coaches..  well lets put it this way.. franklins coach has won over 500 team matches.. and with that im sure hes had his fair share of incidents with his wrestlers... the bottom line is that it is over.. i can assure u its been dealt with by his coaches.. and if dusty could talk to everyone that was in that gym that day.. he would apologize.. i posted earlier in this forum that i witnessed him apologize to his family, his fans, his coaches, the police officer involved, and the tournament director... 

Not a parents forum there's more parents on here than anything.  As for the coaches dealing with it,  if everytime this kid loses he acts a fool their not doing too much or maybe they need to deal with it a little differently. I'm all for u defending the kid. All I'm sayin is if this was addressed way earlier in his career that little display wouldn't have happened.now the horse has been beat..

tru i guess it is mostly parents.. not me tho.. haha.. i do understand what your saying... but like i said i assure u its being dealt with... his emotions got the best of him.. he went from state runner up to not even qualifying..  a huge deal to any competitor.. im not justifying his actions, im just saying franklin builds competitors... and they will not be content when the lose.. you don't spend hundreds of hours doing something to lose..  and he was just not able to hold the emotion back till he got to the locker room...  he really is a good kid just extremly competitive and passionate about the sport he loves.. i also am pretty sure he and his opponent that match have had bad blood from previous matches, freestyle probably..  all i know is that he will come back focused and in the hunt for the title next year.. focused and on a mission.. i can guarantee that...

He did beat Kendle at freestyle state over the summer. I did see that match and it went to the 3rd period. After Kendle lost he did not throw a fit or act like a fool. He went back and did what he needed to do to improve and win the next time. This is their result from freestyle state:  Dustin Kief (franklin) over Cody Kendle (Petersburg) Fall 1-2,7-0,0:58

Did you not read my entire post?  Some people get the easier road and others draw into a stud, even if they place higher at the regional.

Correct me if im wrong...didnt he get 3rd?  and if your answer is yes, well then someone else mustve had an easier draw right?  I understand that you can get a good draw, I just dislike the lack of RESPECT. 

Correct me if im wrong...didnt he get 3rd?  and if your answer is yes, well then someone else mustve had an easier draw right?  I understand that you can get a good draw, I just dislike the lack of RESPECT. 

I guess the 4th placer had an easier draw than him then eh?  I wasn't for wrestle backs in the past even though it seem a lot of kids from the program I'm around get burned on the blind draws but after seen it this weekend and the advancements I say bring on the wrestle backs at semi-state!

He did beat Kendle at freestyle state over the summer. I did see that match and it went to the 3rd period. After Kendle lost he did not throw a fit or act like a fool. He went back and did what he needed to do to improve and win the next time. This is their result from freestyle state:  Dustin Kief (franklin) over Cody Kendle (Petersburg) Fall 1-2,7-0,0:58

Well from what i heard, true or not, they have had a few run ins and there was some bad blood.. i mean not justifying anything that happened i did see kief pointing at kendle and saying something to the ref. when the went out of bounds multiple times throughout the match.. but the only people who know what he said were on that mat.. ohwell.. its over now.. haha..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.