Richmond Updates?

Boot

Coach Peck, if you have a moment could you elaborate a bit on the format that was used?

Thanks in advance.

We wrestled on four mats all the way until  the Finals and then wrestled the Finals on two mats so there would be an Official and an Assistant Official on each mat for the finals.  We wrestled the consolations in one round (before finals) on all four mats.  They took almost no breaks....maybe five minutes before consos and 5-10 minutes before Finals.  There was some good wrestling and not an over abundance of pins yet we got done in under four and a half hours.  The time flew by because it seemed like there was aways something going on.  all of the Coaches I talked too seemed to like the way it was run.  I did not hear any complaints.

I agree. An excellent tourney put on by Richmond.

From memory --- 103 union county  -- conn, EC, milan  , 112 new castle, 119 new castle, 125 Huff Milan -- feller FC, hanson, bottomly conn; 130 new castle, --- sd,rich,milan ;135 new castle, 140 new castle, 145 uphaus,--- maple,  smith FC, milan; 152 manning sd, -- conn, ???, milan;160 new castle, --- becker NE, 171 duckworth uc, 189 wilger sd, 215 new castle, -- conn, sd, ???; 285 jackson Milan--- rush, hagerstown, Centerv??

I definitely liked the four mat set up for the regional.  I think that it helped things go smoothly through the first two rounds.  However, if it were on a Saturday (which offers more time) I would prefer the 1-2 and 3-4 matches be wrestled side-by-side one weight class at a time instead of two finals at the same time.

Richmond did a great job of organizing this tonight, and I agree, it ran very smoothly.

We wrestled on four mats all the way until  the Finals and then wrestled the Finals on two mats so there would be an Official and an Assistant Official on each mat for the finals.  We wrestled the consolations in one round (before finals) on all four mats.  They took almost no breaks....maybe five minutes before consos and 5-10 minutes before Finals.  There was some good wrestling and not an over abundance of pins yet we got done in under four and a half hours.  The time flew by because it seemed like there was aways something going on.  all of the Coaches I talked too seemed to like the way it was run.  I did not hear any complaints.

Thanks Coach for your response.  

We wrestled on four mats all the way until  the Finals and then wrestled the Finals on two mats so there would be an Official and an Assistant Official on each mat for the finals.  We wrestled the consolations in one round (before finals) on all four mats.  They took almost no breaks....maybe five minutes before consos and 5-10 minutes before Finals.  There was some good wrestling and not an over abundance of pins yet we got done in under four and a half hours.  The time flew by because it seemed like there was aways something going on.  all of the Coaches I talked too seemed to like the way it was run.  I did not hear any complaints.

You see, this is why we don't need wrestlebacks.  Just imagine how much more time would've been added with full wrestlebacks.  ;D

From what i remember

103: philips,gettinger,brasier,money

oops wrong button

112:campbell,fuller,house,noe

119:catron,port.?,? findley disqualified so idk

125:Huff,fellers,handley,bottomley

130:mullins,clark-injury default,?,?

these are off the top of my head i know all winners but not consuls tell me if you just wanna know winners

From the Pal-Item Newspaper in Richmond.

Richmond Wrestling Regional Results

Finals

103-Cody Phillips (UC) maj. dec. Tom Gettinger (CON) 16-4. 112-Brenden Campbell (NC) pinned Austin Fuller (UC) 0:37. 119-Cody Land (LAW) maj. dec. Garrett Port (RHS) 14-0. 125-Jared Huff (MIL) dec. Nolal Feller (FC) 9-4. 130-Connor Mullins (NC) default injury Tyler Clark (SD). 135-Levi Rose (NC) maj. dec. Michael Rogers (UC) 17-5. 140-Cody Fellers (NC) dec. Mason Gesell (UC) 3-2. 145-Keifer Uphaus (CEN) fall Jordan Maple (CON). 152-Nick Manning (SD) dec. Cody Day (CON) 6-0. 160-Von Wasson (NC) pinned Cody Becker (NE) 5:33. 171-Michael Duckworth (UC) maj. dec. Jon Flanary (RUSH) 11-2. 189-Kevin Wilger (SD) dec. Jacob Lumpkin (SHEN) 3-1. 215-Jeff Mofield (NC) dec. Kyle Barrett (CON) 2-1. 285-Ben Jackson (MIL) pinned Blaec Gray (RUSH) 0:43.

Consolations

103-Garrett Brasier (EC) pinned Tyler Money (MIL) 4:31. 112-Cody House (CON) dec. David Noe (RHS) 5-0. 119-Justin Wilson (RUSH) forfeit Jerod Findley (UC). 125-Cody Handley (NE) dec. Zach Bottomley (CON) 9-4. 130-Taylor Gray (RHS) pinned Nick Huff (MIL) 2:23. 135-Chris Struewing (EC) dec. Justin Ballard (SD) 8-4. 140-Justin Enright (CEN) dec. Dustin Pierce (Tri) 9-4. 145-Caleb Smith (FC) pinned Zeth O?Neal (MIL). 152-Kevin Fox (RHS) pinned Cody Marsee (MIL) 2:24. 160-Mark Brown (EC) dec. Nick Harrell (SD). 171-Brandon Gunter (BATE) dec. Alex Fisher (Green) 12-5. 189-Bronc Fletcher (CEN) Matt Davidson (FC) 3:48. 215-Ron Forman (SD) pinned Christian Schaekel (CEN) 0:49. 285-Ben Wysong (HAG) pinned Blake Babcock (CEN) 2:05.

oops wrong button

these are off the top of my head i know all winners but not consuls tell me if you just wanna know winners

Findley was disqualified after he was pinned by Port and refused to shake hands after the match

oops wrong button

Did Catron win or Land at 119?

The posted article from the Richmond paper lists Land as the winner in the final.

Richmond Wrestling Regional Results

Finals

This was in the Richmond paper:

103-Cody Phillips (UC) maj. dec. Tom Gettinger (CON) 16-4. 112-Brenden Campbell (NC) pinned Austin Fuller (UC) 0:37. 119-Cody Land (LAW) maj. dec. Garrett Port (RHS) 14-0. 125-Jared Huff (MIL) dec. Nolal Feller (FC) 9-4. 130-Connor Mullins (NC) default injury Tyler Clark (SD). 135-Levi Rose (NC) maj. dec. Michael Rogers (UC) 17-5. 140-Cody Fellers (NC) dec. Mason Gesell (UC) 3-2. 145-Keifer Uphaus (CEN) fall Jordan Maple (CON). 152-Nick Manning (SD) dec. Cody Day (CON) 6-0. 160-Von Wasson (NC) pinned Cody Becker (NE) 5:33. 171-Michael Duckworth (UC) maj. dec. Jon Flanary (RUSH) 11-2. 189-Kevin Wilger (SD) dec. Jacob Lumpkin (SHEN) 3-1. 215-Jeff Mofield (NC) dec. Kyle Barrett (CON) 2-1. 285-Ben Jackson (MIL) pinned Blaec Gray (RUSH) 0:43.

Consolations

103-Garrett Brasier (EC) pinned Tyler Money (MIL) 4:31. 112-Cody House (CON) dec. David Noe (RHS) 5-0. 119-Justin Wilson (RUSH) forfeit Jerod Findley (UC). 125-Cody Handley (NE) dec. Zach Bottomley (CON) 9-4. 130-Taylor Gray (RHS) pinned Nick Huff (MIL) 2:23. 135-Chris Struewing (EC) dec. Justin Ballard (SD) 8-4. 140-Justin Enright (CEN) dec. Dustin Pierce (Tri) 9-4. 145-Caleb Smith (FC) pinned Zeth O?Neal (MIL). 152-Kevin Fox (RHS) pinned Cody Marsee (MIL) 2:24. 160-Mark Brown (EC) dec. Nick Harrell (SD). 171-Brandon Gunter (BATE) dec. Alex Fisher (Green) 12-5. 189-Bronc Fletcher (CEN) Matt Davidson (FC) 3:48. 215-Ron Forman (SD) pinned Christian Schaekel (CEN) 0:49. 285-Ben Wysong (HAG) pinned Blake Babcock (CEN) 2:05.

Catron NC won @ 119lbs,

all 7 NC wrestlers that won in the 1st round to advance went on to win regional titles

112  Campbell

119  Catron

130  Mullins

135  Rose

140  Fellers

160  Wasson

215  Moffield

Thanks,

There were only a few winners listed.  Are the rest of the matches correct aslisted in the Richmond paper?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.