Girls qualifying for regional?

AJ

Unfortunately, I think she's in the wrong semi-state.  I think there are probably numerous regional champs she could beat, but I'm not sure she's going to end up with a regional runner-up/regional champ combo to face at Merrillville that's very surmountable.  She's right there, though, in terms of being competitive with some fringe state competition.  Looking at some of her victories, she's definitely better than many sectional champions. 

Anyway, it would be an incredible story at Conseco--the place would be rockin'.  If not this year, she's got a year left, right?

Let me start by saying, I'll root for sarah whenever she is not wrestling Martsolf, or any other Mishawaka kid for that manner. However, after watching her on Saturday, I believe her major flaw is that she allows her opponents to get deep shots in on her. I saw Martsolf get a couple good deep shots in on her, and I saw Ferdig get numerous deeps shots in on her. She however, is able to bail herself out by using sheer determnation, intestinal fortitude, speed, and flexibility to scramble her way out of deep shots to get defensive takedowns. She is however, one heck of a rider, I think she might be able to rival any boy in the state when it comes to riding their opponent out, she is on fiesty girl and I don't just mean she is feisty for a girl, she is feisty for any wrestler, boy or girl. She is also tough to turn.

All that being said, as she progresses toward semi state, and has to wrestle tougher competition, I think her lack of offensive aggression on her feet will cost her, cause as these other wrestlers get more expereienced and better, they are not going to leave an opening for her to scramble her way out of situations to get counter takedowns. Now maybe she will change it up in the next two weeks a prove me wrng (I hope she does). But I do not think she will make it to state this year.

P.S. i would also not give her the third seed for the semi states just yet. I think Brooks  will be 1st, then Ferdig will be 2nd. i think 3rd and 4th will come down to three wrestlers her and the winner of the martsolf and weese match. But hey, I could be wrong, and if so I won't be to upset ;-).

P.S. i would also not give her the third seed for the semi states just yet. I think Brooks  will be 1st, then Ferdig will be 2nd. i think 3rd and 4th will come down to three wrestlers her and the winner of the martsolf and weese match. But hey, I could be wrong, and if so I won't be to upset ;-).

I was just using that as a hypothetical because I thought that Martsolf would be the favorite in his 1st rd matchup, and she beat him Saturday.

agreed decbell... i thought he would win too seeing as I heard the JV from mishawaka beat her last time her and mishawaka's Jv wrestled. But it took the jV 4 attempts to beat her, but all the matches were 2 point matches from what others have told me. I do think matsolf was beginning to get a read on her though as the match progressed. One thing i do know is that i doubt martsolf will choose down aganst her, she rode him for the whole period. I do wish that they would have shown the score of would have had audio for that match though, I think the match was a 1 or 2 point match, but I am not quite sure. I had to get up for a couple seconds during that match and check something out so i may have missed a couple of things that happened.

The score was 2-2 in the third . Martsoff was riding Sarah , but Sarah was on the verge of a reversal when a stalemate was called . I believe that Coach Snider had Martsoff cut Sarah , with hopes Martsoff would get a late takedown for the win . He was not able to get the takedown as time expired . Sarah won 3-2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.