Roncalli vs Cathedral

12oz curls

Roncalli is a very good tournament team but they are weak in the middle, thus not a very good dual team.

103 - King has been lackluster, Venezia wins (3-0 Cath)

112 - Davis is coming on but still can't beat Harvey (6-0 Cath)

119 - Josh Kieffer by fall (6-6)

125 - Justin Kieffer by fall (12-6 Ronc)

130 - Close match to Stringfield (12-9 Ronc)

135 - Gillum by fall (12-15 Cath)

140 - Close match to Oskins (12-18 Cath)

145 - Zeilinski decision (15-18 Cath)

152 - Neiberger major (15-22 Cath)

160 - Willis by fall (15-28 Cath)

171 - Bartley by fall (21-28 Cath)

189 - Albertson has a big heart but only weighs 163, Hackl major (21-32 Cath)

215 - Tucker is a moose but this is his 1st year, Buchanan by fall (21-38 Cath)

HWT - Masengale is a green 1st year senior, Stokes decision (21-41 Cath)  

Joe Kieffer will get the win,Masengale will get the win, Bartley will not pin the 71 kid,Albertson at 89 will keep it close I think like 6 to 3 All the rest look wright

Going on memory, great match to watch.

160: Rebels forfeit to Willis    0-6

171: Ardizone wins easily  3-6

189: Albertson comes up huge 6-6

215: Buchanan wins 3-1  6-9

285: Massengale takes only shots and finishes one  9-9

103: Venezia is strong and comes away with the win  9-12

It appears Irish coach loses a team point because the score was changed to 9-11

112: Harvey looks great  9-15

119: Kieffer gets a pin  15-15

125: Kieffer with a major  19-15

130: Stringfield gets only TD in match  19-18

135: Oskins was a beast on top  19-22

140: Kane takes out Lenahan  22-22

145: Zeilinski wins 11-0, match wasn't that close 26-22

152 - Neiberger wins going away  26-26

Roncalli wins the match.

Going on memory, great match to watch.

160: Rebels forfeit to Willis    0-6

171: Ardizone wins easily  3-6

189: Albertson comes up huge 6-6

215: Buchanan wins 3-1  6-9

285: Massengale takes only shots and finishes one  9-9

103: Venezia is strong and comes away with the win  9-12

It appears Irish coach loses a team point because the score was changed to 9-11

112: Harvey looks great  9-15

119: Kieffer gets a pin  15-15

125: Kieffer with a major  19-15

130: Stringfield gets only TD in match  19-18

135: Oskins was a beast on top  19-22

140: Kane takes out Lenahan  22-22

145: Zeilinski wins 11-0, match wasn't that close 26-22

152 - Neiberger wins going away  26-26

Roncalli wins the match.

That looks pretty accurate, great atmosphere, great match.

Great dual match between these two teams...hats off to Roncalli getting the big W......I guess little kieffer should have been a little more worried about stringfield.....i thought stringfield looked pretty solid, and in control of the match the whole time.

kieffer will beat stringfield, he wasnt impressed at perry considering he got stuck in a headlock and about pinned by a 2 year experienced wrestler and kieffer has dominated the perry kid twice this year.

John did his talking on the mat, where it should be done.

I didn't see Gillum, where was he?  I thought he was at 135??

He has been in the hospital recently and I'm pretty sure they didn't want to risk his health for one match...Even though Gino would of had the pin at 140 and he would have gave them the W.

He has been in the hospital recently and I'm pretty sure they didn't want to risk his health for one match...Even though Gino would of had the pin at 140 and he would have gave them the W.

Right!  :'(

Remember, the Rebels were without Bartley who would have won by pin at 189 if necessary.  Albertson is a 163 pound sophomore with only two years of wrestling experience and he still won by decision at 189.  Masengale is a senior who hadn't wrestled since 8th grade and he still beat Stokes at HWT. 

It is a bummer that the Irish lost Wright, Roytek, and McGinley to transfer.  But the Rebels are on the rise with only five senior starters on a roster of over 40 and a JV team which is 29-2 (plus four tournament titles) in the past two seasons including a 56-16 victory over Cathedral last night.

Roncalli has NEVER beaten Cathedral in a dual. Don't be the first team to let up on them, Irish.

Roncalli beat Cathedral for the City Title in 1988 and beat them later in the year in a dual.  Lance Rhodes ushered his team into the locker room without shaking Roncalli's hand.

My computer was down yesterday, I know I am late but WAY TO GO REBELS!! I new you guy's could pull it off. You coaches ,wrestlers  and fans deserve the WIN!

This just proves the point of having a couple of great Coaches and a Few Great wrestlers, and a group of soldiers who believe in themselves and each other can make a huge difference in the outcome. Damien you are a stud great win, you know we alway,s pull for you even the couple times you have wrestled Dre this year I catch myself wanting him to do good. That win is much deserved, Lance and Robert have the team possessed, it's awsome they teach and the boy's from Roncalli take it in and beleive kno one can stop them but them selves.

They don't have the biggest wrestling room, I do beleive they have some of the biggest hearts and very strong mentally! Again great job guy's I am enjoying with you. I tell you we had a meet that night, thats why I wasn't there I knew with 4 matches to go you guy's had it if you stuck to what the coaches said. I started tearing up getting the text play by play!

So act like it. A true fan never picks their team to lose by 20 publicly. I also find it hard to believe a "true" fan would put out "their" teams roster any time, let alone so close to a big dual. 

Oh brother!  ::)

I have watched Cathedral and Roncalli several times this season and I made an educated guess on the outcome.  Maybe the Rebels used my prediction as motivation!  The Rebel lineup was provided earlier in the topic, I only responded.  This is the same lineup which the Rebels have used all season and which has been discussed many times on this forum.  I am, first and foremost, a wrestling fan and I have been since I first strapped on the headgear in 1969.  I am tied to the Rebel program but I also support the Irish and I follow both teams very closely.

Right!  :'(

Remember, the Rebels were without Bartley who would have won by pin at 189 if necessary.  Albertson is a 163 pound sophomore with only two years of wrestling experience and he still won by decision at 189.  Masengale is a senior who hadn't wrestled since 8th grade and he still beat Stokes at HWT. 

It is a bummer that the Irish lost Wright, Roytek, and McGinley to transfer.  But the Rebels are on the rise with only five senior starters on a roster of over 40 and a JV team which is 29-2 (plus four tournament titles) in the past two seasons including a 56-16 victory over Cathedral last night.

Alright even if Roncalli would have had Bartley they would have only gotten 3 more points then Gino comes in and pins that takes 3 away from Roncalli and then puts 6 onto Cathedral not tryin to be on aside i like a lot of kids from Roncalli but cathedral was out a bigger piece of there team

Hey Calyboy, I have been reading a lot of your posts recently, but have never replied.  I am from the southside and have watched both of these programs (Perry and Roncalli) grow over the last few years.  It sounds like you are unhappy with the intensity of the coaches at your school which I assume is Perry.  Then you are always on here talking about how good or intense the other team or coach is.  Last time I checked, the Perry team has done a pretty good job with the opposing coaches intensity.  It really sounds as if you are going to be a rebel soon?  Maybe I am just reading too much into your posts?  My son would have died to have been a part of either of the schools that you post about.  I say stop the complaining and comparing and start giving your kid some good advice.  Practice hard, do what the coaches ask, and try to be a better person and wrestler everyday.  I hope the future is bright for your son no matter where you decide  for him to wrestle next year. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.