145-Zeilinski vs Hamm- zeilinski dec 21-9

152- Rojas vs Neiborger wins 21-12

160- Ardizzone vs Willis fall 21-18

171- Bartley vs Devlin-bartley fall 27-18

189- Albertson vs Hackle wins 27-21

215- Jake vs Buchanon fall 27-27

Hwt- Massengale vs Stokes- this match can go either way u guys decide

Who do guys think wins this dual.

Roncalli is a very good tournament team but they are weak in the middle, thus not a very good dual team.

103 - King has been lackluster, Venezia wins (3-0 Cath)

112 - Davis is coming on but still can't beat Harvey (6-0 Cath)

119 - Josh Kieffer by fall (6-6)

125 - Justin Kieffer by fall (12-6 Ronc)

130 - Close match to Stringfield (12-9 Ronc)

135 - Gillum by fall (12-15 Cath)

140 - Close match to Oskins (12-18 Cath)

145 - Zeilinski decision (15-18 Cath)

152 - Neiberger major (15-22 Cath)

160 - Willis by fall (15-28 Cath)

171 - Bartley by fall (21-28 Cath)

189 - Albertson has a big heart but only weighs 163, Hackl major (21-32 Cath)

215 - Tucker is a moose but this is his 1st year, Buchanan by fall (21-38 Cath)

HWT - Masengale is a green 1st year senior, Stokes decision (21-41 Cath)  

Roncalli has NEVER beaten Cathedral in a dual. Don't be the first team to let up on them, Irish.

An interesting aside: How about a Sean McGinley vs. Lance Ellis (a 1986 Cathedral wrestling room re-match) match. Then, we can follow with a Robert Miller vs. Dan Pleak match - both former Irish wrestlers with 171 State titles in subsequent years. I would pay more for those matches than to see the Kieffers or Tyler Willis.

Roncalli has NEVER beaten Cathedral in a dual. Don't be the first team to let up on them, Irish.

An interesting aside: How about a Sean McGinley vs. Lance Ellis (a 1986 Cathedral wrestling room re-match) match. Then, we can follow with a Robert Miller vs. Dan Pleak match - both former Irish wrestlers with 171 State titles in subsequent years. I would pay more for those matches than to see the Kieffers or Tyler Willis.

171 Robert Miller, Lawrence North, 12, 36-6 dec. Gill Journey, Perry Meridian, 12, 39-1, 7-5

Did Miller wrestle for Cathedral earlier in his career?

Kiefer doesn't beat stringfield

kieffer will beat stringfield, he wasnt impressed at perry considering he got stuck in a headlock and about pinned by a 2 year experienced wrestler and kieffer has dominated the perry kid twice this year.

171 Robert Miller, Lawrence North, 12, 36-6 dec. Gill Journey, Perry Meridian, 12, 39-1, 7-5

Did Miller wrestle for Cathedral earlier in his career?

Yes, Robert wrestled at Cathedral for at least his freshman year and I believe his sophomore year too. He will have to expound upon why he left if he sees fit. He grew up in Christian Park with John Sherrill, the Terrys, Lance and Scott Ellis and all the east side bad asses of the late 80s and early 90s. Robert was kind of the baby in the room back then and used to get beat up when he was in early grade school by the older Ellis', McGinley's, etc. Grandpa used to tell legendary stories from the Christian Park room of Robert and company.

He is one of my favorites. He has the dirtiest left-handed headlock I have ever seen. Ask Gill Journey. The way he ended up at Lawrence North with Case Hooper for Swarzkopf and Deckard was questionable. And living on or around Bozart St. attending LN was even more questionable. Water under the bridge though. Rhodes fought some battles early for Robert, but we couldn't hang on to him (ala Brandon Wright). He made his name at LN and I am sure he prefers to be inducted into the IndianaMat Lefthanded Headlock Hall of Fame as a Wildcat. He has some good memories from his days at CHS though.

Jesus, I feel like a Cathedral historian today. If you make it to the IceHouse in New Castle between rounds at Semi-State, we can talk war stories from the Irish wrestling room for hours.

kieffer will beat stringfield, he wasnt impressed at perry considering he got stuck in a headlock and about pinned by a 2 year experienced wrestler and kieffer has dominated the perry kid twice this year.

Everybody has their good and bad days, and it could be a match up difference between kieffer and the perry kid and stringfield and the perry kid. With that said I think this is going to be one of the better matches of the night. I take Kieffer in a close one.

Kieffer beat Perrys 130 10-1 in county. Stringfield beat Klinesmith(Perry 130) 15-4 at Perry. ALSO, Klinesmith did NOT score one point on Stringfield when he had the "headlock" Stringfield cut Klinesmith 4 times. Lets get our facts straight. With that being said, it should be a good match.

Kieffer beat Perrys 130 10-1 in county. Stringfield beat Klinesmith(Perry 130) 15-4 at Perry. ALSO, Klinesmith did NOT score one point on Stringfield when he had the "headlock" Stringfield cut Klinesmith 4 times. Lets get our facts straight. With that being said, it should be a good match.

get em straight klinesmith had a reversal on stringfield and he didnt get points went he got put on his back in a headlock which should have scored back points and kieffer dominated in his county and 3 way at perrry against klinesmith so getem straight he did score on him . keiffer will beat stringfield with ease b/c stringfield isnt as good as some think

If you want to split hairs, they both had a common opponent at Connersville - Tyler Clark. He waxed both of them, but waxed Kieffer more emphatically.

Clark over Kieffer 13 - 2

Clark over Stringfield 7 - 0

I'll go with the senior over the sophomore. Should be a good match. I think Roncalli needs a win here if they want to be in it.

get em straight klinesmith had a reversal on stringfield and he didnt get points went he got put on his back in a headlock which should have scored back points and kieffer dominated in his county and 3 way at perrry against klinesmith so getem straight he did score on him . keiffer will beat stringfield with ease b/c stringfield isnt as good as some think

he could hav gotten back points he should hav gotten a reversal but he didnt and who cares what could hav happened or should hav happened it didnt happen he beat him worse then keiffer did y cant u except that. and this is gonna be a really good match and one of the swing matches 

An interesting aside: How about a Sean McGinley vs. Lance Ellis (a 1986 Cathedral wrestling room re-match) match.

That would have to be a 189lb match, Lance has been doing alot of 12oz curls over the years.  lol

An interesting aside: How about a Sean McGinley vs. Lance Ellis (a 1986 Cathedral wrestling room re-match) match.

That would have to be a 189lb match, Lance has been doing alot of 12oz curls over the years.  lol

Coach McGinley hasn't put on his wrestling shoes in 10 years haha

I watched both of these boy at Connersville and they are both great wrestler I say if Kieffer takes him down in the first the match goes to Kieffer, because that was Kieffers biggest problem against Clark because he got the better of Kieffer on the feet and the Kieffer boys don't know how to slow down. On the other hand I was impressed on how well all the cathedral boys did on if a kid got on their legs not often did they keep them. So I say if Kieffer scores on the feet Kieffer wins, if not cathedral wins

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.