NEW Indianamat.com Team Rankings 1/3

decbell1

yes all his points were cleared off the team board, before the finals we had about 260 points, we lost about 22-25 points because of the flagrant misconduct.

I think he was referring to the fact that "tooken" isn't a word.

#17 is lurking. Awaiting a showcase dual or two in the near future. Stay tuned.

I know, I had them ranked higher in the previous set of rankings, but had to drop them with their finish at Connersville. I definitely think they have the potential to be much higher.

Reitz droped after winning Connersville, placing 12 outta 14. Your a hard man to please. I do think you do a great job still! I'll send you an update on the 14th (one of the biggest matches of the year for Reitz)

It wasn't so much Reitz dropping, but Yorktown and Penn moving ahead of them. I don't even have half of Reitz's results this year. I would appreciate a full run down on their dual meets if you want to e-mail me.

I don't usually reply to this discussion- but I feel maybe I should try to defend some of my kids that are posting on here.

Some of my kids have been walking around school telling other kids that they are the 13th-15th ranked team in the state and that is cool for them to have a feeling of accomplishment and success amongst their peers.

First, we are not better than Yorktown all the match-ups that day were advantageous to us.  We got a defensive pin at 152!  But we are also not a bad team- we forfeited 103 and we wrestled 3 JV kids thinking we wouldn't have a chance to win (but somehow we did).  Great accomplishment for the kids!  

I heard the Munster arguments the other day- example- we only beat Laporte by 5- well we were up 17 with 2 weights to go and both my kids were sore and banged up so we forfeited the last two weights because we knew we had Munster in the finals.

Only won Rochester invite by 51.  Our 103 didn't make weight over the holidays- he has pinned the champion in 2nd period earlier this year.  Our 152 was DQ'ed for cussing in the finals.  Those 2 things cost us at least 50 points. 16 teams and we could have won by 100 -almost doubling the second place teams score.

Clay (21-1) has defeated quality teams -Munster, Prairie Heights, Chesterton, Lafayette Harrison, New Prairie and Yorktown.

Completely destroyed by Merrillville.

Take it easy on my Clay supporters they are just happy and excited with the success we are having this year.  We are not a top 10 team but please don't diminish or degrade the things that they have been able to accomplish up to this point.

You can make fun of us after the Mishawaka dual meet!

Head Coach

SB Clay

Decbell thank you for your hard work, dedication and support of Indiana High School Wrestling!

Southbend Clay has come a long way. The NIC is glad that many of the programs are stepping up. It is rare that a public school as Mishawaka has been as powerful with a mini college (Penn) so close by. Tradtion goes a long way in the mind and the heart of the wrestler. Every team has holes and none of the top teams this year are with out them. The heart of the  team will determine how many they have. This weekend Mishawaka will be at Bellmont as well so we may get 2 see a great dual meet #1 vs #2

I said it on another string and I'll say it again: no one who suggests Yorktown should be ranked higher than Clay is saying that Clay didn't deserve to win the dual or somehow lucked into it.  Upsets happen all the time in sports.  Just because one team beats another on one particular day doesn't mean they are eternally better than the team they beat.  They were better that day.  Looking at the full body of work and the very impressive results Yorktown has had in every single dual and each tournament result, it's tough not to rank them where Decbell has them.  I thought maybe they were overrated after losing as well, but they've come back and smacked all comers.

good post maligned...... The great thing about sports is that you do not have to be better than a team or a person to beat them, you just have to be better on the day that you meet up with that team or person.

In short, Clay was better than Yorktown when they wrestled them, no doubt about it, the score says so. However, if Decbell, a person who follows Indiana wrestling quite well, believes that Yorktown is the better team overall, there is no reason why he can't have Yorktown ranked higher than Clay.

BTW, I think that Clay could easily show Decbell that they deserve a better ranking by the way they wrestle Penn in the upcoming weeks at the NIC super duals. Quite frankly, I'd love nothing more than to see Clay finish 2nd in the NIC.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.