top 2 or 3 teams that can win there sectionals that are a close match

They forfeited 189 bc he was taking the ACT/or SAT. Then Buchanan is droping to 215 later so they dont hav one now

Well, I don't think Buchanan can drop to 215 since he weighed in at 245 this past Saturday. There is no way he can legally only lose 1.5% per week and make 215 in 7 weeks.

Well, I don't think Buchanan can drop to 215 since he weighed in at 245 this past Saturday. There is no way he can legally only lose 1.5% per week and make 215 in 7 weeks.

It was reported that top wrestler weighed in 15 lbs over his projected weight two weeks ago.  My guess is that he will wrestle at his projected weight before the 1.5% rule says he can.  If anyone complains, my guess is that Bobby Cox will make some vauge statement about the weight loss plan being a general guideline.

It was reported that top wrestler weighed in 15 lbs over his projected weight two weeks ago.  My guess is that he will wrestle at his projected weight before the 1.5% rule says he can.  If anyone complains, my guess is that Bobby Cox will make some vauge statement about the weight loss plan being a general guideline.

I think it's different for the postseason. Remember, the IHSAA said Josh Harper couldn't weigh-in at the team semi-state up a weight and then make his normal weight that Saturday. I don't think Buchanan would want to risk being ruled ineligible for his senior year.

Merrillville, Crown Point, and Portage are all in different sectionals.

Whose all in there sectionals now? I didnt got to any last year but the previous year i know Merrillville and partage were in the same sectionals nad tope two advance?

Portage, Merrillville & Crown Point have never been in the same Sectional as long as I can remember. Portage is in LaPorte, Crown Point is in Crown point, and Merrillville is in Calumet. Crown Point & Portage are in the LaPorte Regional; Merrillville is in the Calumet Regional.

The Westview Sectional should be between Prarie Heights and Lakeland this year, with Dekalb and East Noble right there also.  This may come down to how hard the coaches fight for seedings.  These also may be the only 4 teams that fill all weight classes......I'm hearing Noble is down this year but until I see it for myself I'll just assume they'll be ready as always.........

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.