Charger Invite

Ross from Concord at 119 will win. Buckingham or Sappington will win it at 189. Corpe will destroy as always. I've got Hendrickson winning it. Elkhart Central's goin make some noise, they seem pretty solid with their young talent. It should be an interesting Invite. I've got either Riley or Penn winning it and Memorial or Central battling for 3rd and 4th. Northridge will get 5th. Concord 6th. Jimtown 7th. Muncie Southside 8th.

The top will probably be between Penn and Memorial. At the Central Turkey Duals 10 teams were split 5 teams each gym. In one gym Central came out on top with Southwood 2nd. The other gym Clay won a close one to Concord. The top two teams from each gym wrestled each other. 1st place Clay beat Central and 3rd place Concord beat Southwood. The following teams should be close Riley, Central, Northridge, and Concord. Concord wrestles great sometimes and seems to tank other times. The match Tuesday night against Northridge they lost 45 to 33, they had one forfeit, they had 2-3 of normal varsity not there, and  a few wrestlers I know have wrestled better just tanked. I have not followed Jimtown that closely, they seem to be doing well, but are kind of an unknown. And Muncie Southside is a total unknown to me. Individually I think Steven Ross will do well. The 152lb I follow pretty closely, Alex Cash from Central beat Penn's Pat Davenport in an earlier match. Chris Hogendobler is undefeated 7-0, with 4 pins, 1 tech fall, and 2 decisions. Chris has wrestled Salinas a few times at open mats, he's pretty tough. Or will Corpe drop down to 152lb, I've been told he will soon. This should been a good tournament.

After checking around I found that Muncie South Side has had 3 matches this year:

-  11-24 @ Eastern (Greentown)

- 12-3    @ Jay Co.

- 12-8    VS Yorktown

I could not find any results to these matches.

Update:  Yorktown Defeated Muncie South Side 68-9.

Winners for Muncie Southside included:  Armantrout (112)  Fall

Bradley (125)  Decision

Update:  Yorktown Defeated Muncie South Side 68-9.

Winners for Muncie Southside included:  Armantrout (112)  Fall

Bradley (125)  Decision

There will be some good action at 112 with Armantrout, Que from Central, Lenig from Penn, Alexander from Concord, and that Jimtown kid...

I don't follow the teams from Northern Indiana like I used to.  From the results page, it looks like Penn beat Elkhart Central pretty handily last week. 

Jimtown seemed like an up-and-coming squad last year with a lot of underclassmen (guys like Hill and Crume).

If I had to take a stab at the final team standings (and its only a guess).

1. Penn

2. Elkhart Memorial

3. South Bend Riley

4. Elkhart Central

5. Jimtown

6. Northridge

7. Concord

8. Muncie Southside

No disrespect meant towards Muncie Southside, but they are totally unknown to me other than Armantrout

Does anyone know what teams will being wrestling against eachother?

Actually this is an individual tourney.  You will also find out that EM's tourney is unique in that it is ran in indvidual pools like a USA wrestling tourney.  If I remember correctly, the scoring is a mix of dual and individual points for teams.  Winners come out of finals matches but head-to-head is a primary factor.  I have not been for a couple of years, but this is the general outlay.  Sorry if this is too much info.

It is an individual tournament, I know they seed four wrestlers.  They have two seperate pools, with #1, #4 and two unseeded in one and then the #2 and #3 seeded wrestlers with two unseeded.  After each kid has wrestled every kid in their pool, they take the top 2 from each pool and have a placing from 1-4 pool and then the other pool is placing from 5-8 pool.

It is an individual tournament, I know they seed four wrestlers.  They have two seperate pools, with #1, #4 and two unseeded in one and then the #2 and #3 seeded wrestlers with two unseeded.  After each kid has wrestled every kid in their pool, they take the top 2 from each pool and have a placing from 1-4 pool and then the other pool is placing from 5-8 pool.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know what the format was for this tourney. I had thought this was a team tourney.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know what the format was for this tourney. I had thought this was a team tourney.

They do keep team scores.  I believe individuals get placement points, but they also get points for pins, tech falls, and major decisions. 

Concord got 5th place. 119lb. Steven Ross went undefeated and got 1st place at 119lb. Chris Hogendobler went undefeated and got 1st at 152lb. He pinned Carmel Salinas of Memorial and Pinned Alex Cash of Elkhart Central, Won by points Against Hummer of Penn, he went 5-0, and is now 12-0. O I forgot not one point was scored against Chris the whole day, only 1 stalling point in the match with Hummer from Penn.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.