Twin Lakes Sectional Rankings/Results Final Updated

Bomber

He went to state last year so he was ranked at the start. He's a solid wrestler who hasn't hit his stride this year.  The chapman kid is a senior and is very tough. He gave Dorris some good matches last year but struggled against VanOrt(something like that) from West Central.

Hopefully Dorris can refocus and both of these young men can represent the conference well in the state tournament.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW A SQ LAST YEAR AND DIDNT MAKE IT TO THE CONFERENCE FINALS.. THAT JUST SHOWS HOW TOUGH THE CONFERENCE IS.. HOPEFULLY THESE GUYS CAN FININSH 1,2 @ SECTIONAL & REGIONAL.  LOOKS WE HAVE A FEW STUDS THIS YEAR FROM THE CONF. HOPEFULLY THEY WRESTLE WELL IN THE STATE TOURNAMENT

Dorris has not had good coaching this year, thus his ups and downs.  He also cut a lot (Again, stupid coaching).  He has loads of skill and if his coach can direct his focus he could go far, OR he could not go so far.  That's why we wrestle.  All I know is when I wrestled with him in early November he was as tough as anyone I have ever coached, now I wail on him.........lol

Sorry, Chuck I have to disagree as well. Owen has tried to do things his own way since stepping in the room. When you teach them something and then they go off and don't practice what you teach and work on low percentage junk that's their own fault. Case and point was last night! You are a fine coach and have provided all the tools  Owen and the rest needed to do well this year. They have just chosen not not to work to their potential and ignore what they have available to them in the room. And it is more than sad!

Sorry, I have always just been an observer on here and I could not let you comments pass without saying something. I will go back to observing now ;)

For you fans of the Twin Lakes Sectional I just want you to know that I sent in the brackets  today at noon to be posted.  I guess they will post them soon.  Thanks for all of your discussions and we hope to see you there rooting on your favorite schools, individuals and coaches.  Good Luck to everyone!  GO TWIN LAKES SECTIONALS!!!

Sorry, Chuck I have to disagree as well. Owen has tried to do things his own way since stepping in the room. When you teach them something and then they go off and don't practice what you teach and work on low percentage junk that's their own fault. Case and point was last night! You are a fine coach and have provided all the tools  Owen and the rest needed to do well this year. They have just chosen not not to work to their potential and ignore what they have available to them in the room. And it is more than sad!

Sorry, I have always just been an observer on here and I could not let you comments pass without saying something. I will go back to observing now ;)

Coach you have been great this year we are a tough group to deal with. Yes we are a "lazy" group of kids but what 16 and 17 yr old kids arent.... Yes we have had our ups and downs again obviously more positive than negative or we wouldn't have a winning record. and to YOU my best wrestling start in the beginning like chuck said idk what you mean by doing things  my own way since stepping in the room, but thats a prime example of negative energy we talked about in our little "discusion"  the comment stated above about the team in general is out of line and shouldnt be said on here, you represent our team on here and it would be nice if you talked positve about us im sure me and the other wrestlers would apreciate it.... and also what you call "junk moves" the room is the place to do and get it out of your system before the meets thats why they call it practice!

The Bombers have a good shot to advance to Team Regionals, they should have four or five in the finals and i think they can take at least seven kids out of sectionals this year (Hickman 2nd, Kaufman 3rd, Martin 2nd, Northcutt 1st, Green 3rd, Zellers 2nd, Tow 1st) a little prediction and i think all of these guys if, IF! they show up ready to rock n roll. good luck to all the kids wrestling this year

For you fans of the Twin Lakes Sectional I just want you to know that I sent in the brackets  today at noon to be posted.  I guess they will post them soon.  Thanks for all of your discussions and we hope to see you there rooting on your favorite schools, individuals and coaches.  Good Luck to everyone!  GO TWIN LAKES SECTIONALS!!!

Thanks for sending in brackets. Im looking forward to Sat. I'll be scoring  at table and getting to watch lots of Wrestling. good luck to all.

and also what you call "junk moves" the room is the place to do and get it out of your system before the meets thats why they call it practice!

Sorry, but you don't practice 'junk moves' to get them out of your system.  You truly wrestle the way you practice simply because your body takes over and reacts to habits you develop in the wrestling room.  I graduated nearly 20 years ago, and if I step on the mat today I promise you I will do the same moves I had success with back in high school just because my mind/body have practiced wrestling that way for years and it became a habit.   I don't know what moves are being discussed here, but you simply do not do it for the reasons you claim in your post.  

Sorry, but you don't practice 'junk moves' to get them out of your system.  You truly wrestle the way you practice simply because your body takes over and reacts to habits you develop in the wrestling room.  I graduated nearly 20 years ago, and if I step on the mat today I promise you I will do the same moves I had success with back in high school just because my mind/body have practiced wrestling that way for years and it became a habit.   I don't know what moves are being discussed here, but you simply do not do it for the reasons you claim in your post.  

That's wahooable.

Sorry, but you don't practice 'junk moves' to get them out of your system.  You truly wrestle the way you practice simply because your body takes over and reacts to habits you develop in the wrestling room.  I graduated nearly 20 years ago, and if I step on the mat today I promise you I will do the same moves I had success with back in high school just because my mind/body have practiced wrestling that way for years and it became a habit.  I don't know what moves are being discussed here, but you simply do not do it for the reasons you claim in your post. 

First off Hogleg I know for a fact you never were allowed to practice the so called "junk moves" under the jursidiction of Coach Joe Burvan.  I believe he would have whip your behind from here to PA if he saw any part of that nonsense going on in his Wrestling Auditorium.  Great post and hope to see you at "The Lakes" this Saturday.

you can wrestle junk to get it out of your system but who calls it junk anyway???? every move has to be made somehow. every guy that has created these moves gets it called junk until its big. every guiy wants to the creator of the next big move. wouldnt you want to be the creator of say.....the headlock??? its getting big among all styles.

I don't think  2walls was saying the stuff that is being done in the room is junk as much as he was saying, Its junk if its not what works well for you, yet you still try it over and over and over.  Atleast that is what I think he is trying to say.  Headlocks HEADLOCKS?  WHAT ?  Good luck Tony, Go win yourself a Sectional Title ok?  Im proud of you!

Coach Spray

I don't think  2walls was saying the stuff that is being done in the room is junk as much as he was saying, Its junk if its not what works well for you, yet you still try it over and over and over.  Atleast that is what I think he is trying to say.  Headlocks HEADLOCKS?  WHAT ?  Good luck Tony, Go win yourself a Sectional Title ok?  Im proud of you!

Coach Spray

always a next year....well unless i die. wouldnt you love to be the creator of the headlock?!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.