FILA Cadet Nationals April 24-26 in Akron, Ohio

Y2CJ41

Who is all going? I see there are a few people signed up already. This is a great meet and definitely worth the drive for some great competition.

So far the people I know who are going

Cody Phillips- Union County

Brendan Campbell- New Castle

Caleb Smith- Princeton

Conner Lefever- Carroll

Reece Lefever- Carroll

Travis Barroquillo- Prairie Farm

Zac McCray- Garrett

Dominique Price- Indy Tech

Going off  of  what Y2 said, this tournament is an awesome opportunity to compete with the best in the nation.  The University nationals are held at the same time, so there will be a great deal of college coaches watching.  Another great opportunity to showcase you talent to them and represent our state.  Good luck to all that is attending. 

Coach Weimer

So you don't think Mike Jones would of done very well ther, How about Graber because my son was up on him at preseason nationals and had him on his back, you are quick to judge someone you know nothing about.  I am not saying it would not be tough but that is what it is all about.

Those two are good wrestlers here within the confines of Indiana, but just average, if that, nationally.  Nate Cleveland didn't even place at the same weight class as your son is probably going.  I would say Cleveland is a little better than your son.  Also ask Y2J and TripleB, they were there last year.  They know what type of competition is out there. 

Your son won't make it to day 2 of freestyle, so you will have plenty of time to make greco state.

I don't think Cali will be upset if his son doesn't make the 2nd day, but he should be upset about such a derogatory comment.  We all know how tough this tournament is, that's why the kids want to stay and watch the 2nd day whether they are participating or not!!! 

I agree with you Brian, and for SamDad to say that...Way to encourage our Indiana wrestlers!!! Maybe if you leave a better wrestler on  Sunday  than you were on Friday when you got there, then the trip was worth it. Sometimes it's about getting better for the future. Andre, I hope you go and prove him wrong.

I was not saying he would do well or even win a match but I never count a kid out that I am with or coaching, you are probably write but without trying or a little confidence then there would be no hope. We have got our butts kicked at many of tour. and came back the next year and done really well. I realize this is a tough tour. but one thing about me is I always have faith in our local wrestlers NO MATTER WHAT!

Your son won't make it to day 2 of freestyle, so you will have plenty of time to make greco state.

I don't think Cali will be upset if his son doesn't make the 2nd day, but he should be upset about such a derogatory comment.  We all know how tough this tournament is, that's why the kids want to stay and watch the 2nd day whether they are participating or not!!! 

He needs someone to tell him the truth and not feed his ego that his son is the next Cael Sanderson.  Look at the topics he has posted just to get people to mention his son. 

He needs someone to tell him the truth and not feed his ego that his son is the next Cael Sanderson.  Look at the topics he has posted just to get people to mention his son. 

I do not care who mentions him,I know what he is capable of he is a 14 year old who wrestled varsity 189 all year with a winning record, Cael NO he is no Cael but who is . I will never doubt a kid I coach let alone my son, like I said he might not win a match but I will never count him out, he has never posted anything on this sight, for you to talk negative about him shows how big of a low life you are, I would never put doubt in a kids head no matter who he is wrestling. What did you do your freshman year big-shot.   I respect everyone who gets on the mat and for my son I am very proud of him that is why I mention him sometimes it is not for my Ego I am done wrestling. And like I said he lets his wrestling do the talking. I just love the sport that is why I get on here ,not to cut anyone down. If you ever want to hit the mat we can do that too.

I do not care who mentions him,I know what he is capable of he is a 14 year old who wrestled varsity 189 all year with a winning record, Cael NO he is no Cael but who is . I will never doubt a kid I coach let alone my son, like I said he might not win a match but I will never count him out, he has never posted anything on this sight, for you to talk negative about him shows how big of a low life you are, I would never put doubt in a kids head no matter who he is wrestling. What did you do your freshman year big-shot.   I respect everyone who gets on the mat and for my son I am very proud of him that is why I mention him sometimes it is not for my Ego I am done wrestling. And like I said he lets his wrestling do the talking. I just love the sport that is why I get on here ,not to cut anyone down.

It is possible that the attempted promotion of your son on this site rubs some the wrong way.  Yes, I know that is their problem but could easily be avoided also.

I do not care who mentions him,I know what he is capable of he is a 14 year old who wrestled varsity 189 all year with a winning record, Cael NO he is no Cael but who is . I will never doubt a kid I coach let alone my son, like I said he might not win a match but I will never count him out, he has never posted anything on this sight, for you to talk negative about him shows how big of a low life you are, I would never put doubt in a kids head no matter who he is wrestling. What did you do your freshman year big-shot.   I respect everyone who gets on the mat and for my son I am very proud of him that is why I mention him sometimes it is not for my Ego I am done wrestling. And like I said he lets his wrestling do the talking. I just love the sport that is why I get on here ,not to cut anyone down. If you ever want to hit the mat we can do that too.

My dad can beat up your dad.

By the way, I was a state qualifier as a freshman if that matters in this discussion. 

I thought this was a sight to talk about wrestling? I have never mentioned how many stae or national titles he has, his stats or said he could beat anyone on here. I just bring up situations occasionally. Like I said I love the sport, he is my only son, if I throw him into refrence sometimes it is just to find something out or cause I am proud of him. I have Probably mentioned Wright,Keiffers,Atwood, Vlahoes,Willis  and many others just as much as my son cause I have watched these kids grow in the sport, I am just as proud of those kids as I am my own son.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.