Biggest upset at State?

natlchamp2005

i would definetly say dillion has his good and bad days i remember in his soph. or jun. year all the studs he wrestled always went back and forth on who wins i woulda thought if he had his a game this past weekend he coulda won it all but there not woulda coulda shoulda im sure hes not done wrestling and will make an impact somewhere hell of a kid

My bet would be:

I went 10-4. 

119 -- I picked Wright over Eppert in the finals

125 -- I picked Cashe to beat Tsirtsis in the semis

130 -- I picked Harper over Porras in the finals

152 -- I picked Mosier to beat McMurray in the Semis

I'm guessing a lot of people missed 119, 125, and 130.

No doubt Quiroz came to Wrestle, however last time I checked the way Quiroz dropped Stein was called a "slam".  Ya know, where the feet are clearly taken over the head??  Hat's off to Quiroz for wrestling tough, but he should have lost that match, that is if the ref's actually called by the rules.  Congrats to Stein as well, Great Season this year.  Look for both of these guys to up there with all the contenders next year....very impressive underclassmen at a 152 weight class ruled by juniors & seniors.

wallybird not sure what your talking about here i saw the move and though it was just region wrestling what does the feet over the head have to do with anything the rule book at rule 7 1 1 states a slam is lifting and returning an opponent to the mat with unnecessary force nothing about foot placement who lands first what lands first just unnecessary force could it be that you are just partial to mr stein

Guest justafan52

I think Berryman over Napules was a pretty big upset. With Tsirtsis and Cashe in the same side of the bracket..Napules definetly had a draw to make it to the championship

No doubt Quiroz came to Wrestle, however last time I checked the way Quiroz dropped Stein was called a "slam".  Ya know, where the feet are clearly taken over the head??  Hat's off to Quiroz for wrestling tough, but he should have lost that match, that is if the ref's actually called by the rules.  Congrats to Stein as well, Great Season this year.  Look for both of these guys to up there with all the contenders next year....very impressive underclassmen at a 152 weight class ruled by juniors & seniors.

What are you talking about? Good takedowns have the feet go above the head.  Go take dance lessons, this is wrestling

What are you talking about? Good takedowns have the feet go above the head.  Go take dance lessons, this is wrestling

It depends on how you put them down on the mat. Not how high they go. There is no specific rule on when to call a slam, it's just a judgement call on the official.

haha  :P.  By the way wallybird it wasn't a slam.  Maybe get your eyes checked?

haha  :P.  By the way wallybird it wasn't a slam.  Maybe get your eyes checked?

Being mat side and watching that match when it happened, I would not have been suprised to see it called either way. It was close to not returning the defensive wrestler to the mat in a controlled manner. It was not called that way, so it was not a slam. But it is not as clear a case as some would make it out to be. I do not think anything was done with any intent other then securring a take down. Both of these kids were going at it hard, it just happened to be Quiroz that got the take down in question.

Quiroz came into state as a freshman with 11 losses. He beat a Senior that had a record of 39-3. In the second round he was beating Stein, an unbeaten Sophomore with 46 wins.  No one thought that he could beat estrada and he beat him by 6...this guy through the whole weekend was the guy pulling the upsets...

Also Shelby Mappes placed 3rd in the SS and he placed 3rd in the State...Congrats to Mappes

HE LOST TO MCMURRAY 6 TIMES, ALEX SURMA,RYAN STAHL, DAVID MINIX, ROB KEOUGH, AND JEREMY POGOEZEZKI

I would venture to say Stein beat him 9-2 at the Al Smith in Mishawaka.

I think he ended up with 12 losses after McMurray beat him for the 6th time.

Who he lost too is really not an issue he lost 6-2 to david minix early in the year and came back to beat him at semi state 5-0?  Its not how you start its how you finish, so don't hang your hat on early season victories.

weddings loss 2 hudson was big  wedding i think almost broke his leg im from memorial so i know wedding could have dimollished hudson if he dinit have that leg injury im guessing if wedding had his leg healthy he could have beaten hudson 7-1

weddings loss 2 hudson was big  wedding i think almost broke his leg im from memorial so i know wedding could have dimollished hudson if he dinit have that leg injury im guessing if wedding had his leg healthy he could have beaten hudson 7-1

im guessing hudson wins 4-1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.