Anthony Quiroz

hic42

This kid wrestled fantastic this weekend!  Runner up at 152 as a freshman is unheard of. I hope some of you were watching this kid after i was talking about him surprising people this weekend. I think he avenged all his losses that were at 152 this year except for McMurray.

I was really impressed with Anthony's performance and equally impressed with his attitude. The young man has a good head on his shoulders and his family has a raised quality individual. Hope to see him on the top step on the podium next year.

Yeah you are wrong.... Anthony was dominating 5-2 when he took stein down and stein got hurt, that made it 7-2. I  heard that Stein hurt his back/neck/ i dont know what it was, earlier in the season. It was definately good to see Stein moving his legs on the mat.

Yeah you are wrong.... Anthony was dominating 5-2 when he took stein down and stein got hurt, that made it 7-2. I  heard that Stein hurt his back/neck/ i dont know what it was, earlier in the season. It was definately good to see Stein moving his legs on the mat.

7-2? Stein was winning 2-0 when Anthony got a reversal and 3 back points.... Stein was to his feet(Anthony behind him in control) when Anthony took him down (Injuring his neck) Anthony was in control of the match with the score at 5-2. He was not awarded 2 points for the takedown b/c Stein never escaped. I do know this does not matter but it seems there is a ton information people post on here that is not close to being correct.

Just like the information of Stein leading 7-0, where does this BS come from?

7-2? Stein was winning 2-0 when Anthony got a reversal and 3 back points.... Stein was to his feet(Anthony behind him in control) when Anthony took him down (Injuring his neck) Anthony was in control of the match with the score at 5-2. He was not awarded 2 points for the takedown b/c Stein never escaped. I do know this does not matter but it seems there is a ton information people post on here that is not close to being correct.

That's the way forums work. Nobody can be right about score and things (unless you are Y2 or TAE) :)

Sorry - YOU are wrong.  It was 7-2 Quoiroz.  You may have been looking at the wrong scoreboard.

Explain this to me so I can understand then Twisted... Did they give Quiroz 2 back points after the injury? Quiroz started down in the 2nd period and had a reversal and 3 back points when Stein was injured. Stein did not escape or the score would of been 5-3 correct? How can Quiroz get 2 ponts for a takedown when Drake never escaped?

None the less the kid won the match by default. I would venture to say dropping a kid on head is not a safe return to the mat which is in the rule book, but I am not the ref.

Best of luck to both Anthony and Drake next year. Hopefully these mystery points don't appear next match!

i would have to say that the mcgill/cosgrove slam was worse that that. But either way, we should all be thankful that Stein is alright.. Anthony would have won even if stein didn't get hurt. Even being up 5-2 and stein still wrestling, Quiroz would have continued to dominate.

i would have to say that the mcgill/cosgrove slam was worse that that. But either way, we should all be thankful that Stein is alright.. Anthony would have won even if stein didn't get hurt. Even being up 5-2 and stein still wrestling, Quiroz would have continued to dominate.

Not saying Stein would of won, but he did take Anthony down rather easily in the 1st and did beat him 9-2 in December. There was no doubt if Stein breaks out and gets the 1 point we would of had a hell of a match on our hands.

Like I said Anthony was very impressive for a Freshman as well as Drake being a Sophomore.  I look for both to return next season for sure!

Not saying Stein would of won, but he did take Anthony down rather easily in the 1st and did beat him 9-2 in December. There was no doubt if Stein breaks out and gets the 1 point we would of had a hell of a match on our hands.

Like I said Anthony was very impressive for a Freshman as well as Drake being a Sophomore.  I look for both to return next season for sure!

It appeared to me, as it seems to others, that at that point Anthony had Drake broken.  Drake was on his feet and Anthony had his arm in between his legs.  Anthony lifted and returned him to his back.  Did not appear to be a slam to me.  Id say that would have been 3 more back points if Drake would not have gotten hurt, making the score 8-2.  The score in December has nothing to do with state.  If it did they wouldn't have even made them wrestle.  It was a great match.  I'm glad Drake was not hurt.  Good luck to both wrestlers next year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.