Most Dominating Performance At State?

back_points3

Briar Runyan by far...  Two points scored on him the entire weekend.  Two escapes, only one earned.  I added their records at the time he wrestled them below.

Preliminaries:  Briar Runyan dec. Chesney Dale (McCutcheon - 35-9) 7-0

Quarterfinals:  Briar Runyan major dec. Tyler Willis (Indianapolis Cathedral - 39-6) 9-0

Semifinals:        Briar Runyan dec. Mark Myers (Crown Point - 40-0) 5-0

Finals:                  Briar Runyan dec. Matt Todd (Pendleton Heights - 46-0) 8-2

He rode everyone, I would love to see the amount of riding time he racked up over this weekend.

Chalfant:

Prelims - won by fall

Quarters - won 5-2

Semi's - won by fall

Finals - won 7-2 (both points earned because let White up)

Cody Phillips:

his closest match was 7-2

i would have second both Briar Runyon and Cody Phillips...Runyon was a man on a mission, as well as phillips....Phillips was never in doubt of losing any of his matches...he dominated everybody...as well as Runyon..he beat some very good wrestlers and made them look silly

Chalfant:

Prelims - won by fall

Quarters - won 5-2

Semi's - won by fall

Cody Phillips:

I thought Phillips friday night match was much closer than 7-2? Im pretty sure he was leading 6-5 at one point against Hall before scoring a few more points.

The most dominating performance at state might have been from Mark and Deborah Young.  You may better recognize them by their youngest son, Daniel, the reigning 145-pound state champ.  I believe Daniel?s four older brothers (Jacob, Joshua, John-Thomas and Paul) all preceded their younger brother atop the podium.  The Youngs not only raise great wrestlers, but even better kids.  And yes, (at the risk of mixing my posts) Mark took the time to shake my hand at the state tournament.  I wonder if they are interested in taking in any foster children.  I have a son who enjoys wrestling and they seem to have a marketable formula for raising state champs.  Congratulations are in order; they have every reason to be proud.   

Chalfant:

Prelims - won by fall

Quarters - won 5-2

Semi's - won by fall

Cody Phillips:

I thought Phillips friday night match was much closer than 7-2? Im pretty sure he was leading 6-5 at one point against Hall before scoring a few more points.

It was 8-6 with less than 20 sec. left and hall went after him and got caughtso he won 13-6,was a great match,it was his only test-

Chalfant:

Prelims - won by fall

Quarters - won 5-2

Semi's - won by fall

Cody Phillips:

It was 8-6 with less than 20 sec. left and hall went after him and got caughtso he won 13-6,was a great match,it was his only test-

I might be bias but I think Nut should have got the points for the td and it would have tied it with bout 15 seconds to go then maybe into ot!! congrads to Phillips on state chanpionship

phillips had a good run but tsirtsis had the the best finals match

No one but maybe Grey's momma thought he could win on Sat night.  Had C-money been on the other side of the bracket it would have been a much better finals match. Phillips was more impressive.

how many people thought keif would win...maybe his mom?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.