why NO wrestle backs at semi state?????

matfan

can someone explain why there are no wrestle backs or consolations at semi state?  a good example is reviewing the 112 bracket in Evansville.  IF there were wrestle backs (like at sectionals and regionals), it would better assure that the most qualified and talented wrestlers make it out of the bracket vs getting beat in the 2nd round and they are done by single elimination. 

it's a hard pill to swallow seeing Hall win Mooresville regionals 7-0 beating the winner of the 112 semi state finalist from E-ville.  obviously all these wrestlers getting to semi state are very talented, but in my opinion, the brackets need to be changed at semi state to allow for wrestle backs because its obvious the top 4 wrestlers from the Evansville semi state at 112 are NOT the ones going on to state.

thank you in advance for an explanation or suggestion for change

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

112 at New Castle was another good example.  Roytek, Gadient and Stewart ALL are worthy of a spot at state.  Had there been wrestle-backs - at least one of them would definitely have been there.  I sure would have liked to have seen Stewart go through - being his Senior year and all.

Yeah you talk about these wrestle backs and all but think about it. DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE????? Semistate would have to be a two day event to accomodate full wrestlebacks. The first round at E-ville took about 3 hours. Ok so you set it up like regionals where first round is elimination. Then you are still going to have alot of wrestling. More mats needed to keep everything runnin smoothly. It's just so much to do. Also makes those first two rouds more exciting. Gotta get you ticket to Indy

I know it would take forever - but it would be nice.  Lord knows... I'd sit through 2 days of wrestling ANYTIME!  :) 

I'd almost rather have fewer semi-state qualifiers coming in - and have wrestlebacks - to ensure that the most talented wrestlers get through to state. 

No it would not be an all day event.  You could have simply kept 3 coming from Regionals and added the matches after the ticket round.  Losers drop down wrestle each other and semi-final losers cross bracketed to wrestle through for what would be the second part of the ticket round.  This would make it as long as the semi-state was this past weekend.

215 is a good example...# 3 keigley and #2 cleveland were both in the laporte regional...cleveland wins the finals 7-3 ...at semi-state #3 keigley vs. #4 lentz in the ticket round...lentz wins 8-7 and then defeats cleveland in the semi state championship...my point is that no matter which way it went, either the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th ranked kid was not going to make it to state based on not having wrestle backs...unfortunately for Keigley he was the wrestler who did not advance...

After the increase in ticket revenue the IHSAA saw at semi-state, I doubt they will go back to 12 semi-state qualifiers.  The coliseum was PACKED for the first two rounds last Saturday.

I agree.  It was packed at New Castle, too.  It was nice to have so much excitement!

It will happen eventually when some IHSAA officials son or daughter gets knocked out undeservingly at semi-state. I would spend 40 pages discussing this before I would think about Class Wrestling as a priority to make our state wrestling better. Especially since the IHSAA position is this is an individual sport. It Happens Every Year. Da!  My sons wrestling in college now. Every Tournament is seeded and wrestled back. No single elimination. And yes one was a two day tournament and my son made it through the first day. That night at the hotel was just another un forgettable time spent talking to my son about his day on the mat and his chance at placing in the consolation round the next day. He deserved that moment and he got it because ???  ....   of WRESTLE BACKS.  Single elimination  is just for Ducks. I Like a good hard fight and a more ligitamate placement. I know this is old stuff but what isn't??  

Everybody messes up in a match. But that high in competion you can't. A talented wrestler can make it past those elemination rounds

It is not a matter of messing up. Some time #1 and  #2 are in the same regional and enter a semi-state against #3 or #4 Or #5. Since we rely on random draw #2 can meet #3 In the elimination round. The only round that should present this scenario is the one under the lights. My question to you would be would you like to face lets say an Andrew Howe in the elimination round if you had been a state runner-up the year before? ( The only reason I used Howe is because he was unbeatable). No inference here. Think about it .

It will happen eventually when some IHSAA officials son or daughter gets knocked out undeservingly at semi-state. I would spend 40 pages discussing this before I would think about Class Wrestling as a priority to make our state wrestling better. Especially since the IHSAA position is this is an individual sport. It Happens Every Year. Da!  My sons wrestling in college now. Every Tournament is seeded and wrestled back. No single elimination. And yes one was a two day tournament and my son made it through the first day. That night at the hotel was just another un forgettable time spent talking to my son about his day on the mat and his chance at placing in the consolation round the next day. He deserved that moment and he got it because ???  ....   of WRESTLE BACKS.  Single elimination  is just for Ducks. I Like a good hard fight and a more ligitamate placement. I know this is old stuff but what isn't??  

This is by far the most intelligent post I have ever read on this forum. Why in the world we would argue for ages about class wrestling when wrestlebacks are what would truly make our state better is beyond me. WE NEED WRESTLEBACKS!!! And the 215 example earlier is why. Kids that have the talent to finish in the top 4 on the podium at Conceso that never get the chance because of the lack of wrestlebacks. I'll sit through another couple of hours at Semi-State if it's for the betterment of our sport and athletes.

This is by far the most intelligent post I have ever read on this forum. Why in the world we would argue for ages about class wrestling when wrestlebacks are what would truly make our state better is beyond me. WE NEED WRESTLEBACKS!!! And the 215 example earlier is why. Kids that have the talent to finish in the top 4 on the podium at Conceso that never get the chance because of the lack of wrestlebacks. I'll sit through another couple of hours at Semi-State if it's for the betterment of our sport and athletes.

Because nearly everyone agrees on wrestleback.  Not so with class wrestling.

I hope that is indeed the case.

i know everyone wants to watch all the wrestling but, if all the consolation and wrestle backs were held at another gym at the same school, more wrestlers could be taken and since the winners would be decided on the mat it would eliminate most of the luck issue of the draw. you watch your wrestler at the gym they are in. if you just a fan with no one in partticular to watch you can choose what to watch. i know more officals and volunteers would be needed. just a thought.

the diffrence in winning and losing is the type of competition you wrestle, for example my son comes in at #4 seed with 11 losses goes against a #1 seed with 0 losses, and beats him ,now of those 11 losses 8 of those were to guys that are ranked in the top ten in state.I think that has a lot to do with being ready to wrestle at this calibur competition.you wrestle a weak schedule to pad up some victory's and get a high seed and then wonder why you cannot get past a certain regional or semistate.now some of these guys that continue to go year round makes it

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Let me get this right. We have a community of people. We will call This  The Wrestling Community. The Majority by a wide margin believe wrestlebacks should be put into place and yet we are not doing it and instead are lobbying for Class Wrestling. Have we done a poll on this if so could someone please share it with me and while you are at it could you please wake up the IHSAA.  What is the IHSAA a dictatorship. Every wrestling coach in the state should be screaming to stop this flawed procedure then we can talk about Team Class Wrestling. This should not be a money issue. It should a matter of better and right.

The IHSAA listens to proposals from the Indiana High School Coaches Association(IHSWCA), just as they do the same for the other sports and their coaches associations.  Every two years the IHSWCA gets a chance to propose something to the IHSAA.  This year happens to be a proposal year.  In 2007, the proposal was shot down 0-12.  In 2005, the score was 5-12 and in 2003, we were one vote from it at 7-7-2. 

The biggest obstacle the IHSWCA faces is that roughly 40% of the coaches are a part of the association.  When the IHSAA hears this they are reluctant to accept a proposal since its basically coming from 40% of the coaches and not 100% of them.  In order for us to get wrestle-backs we will need a lot more coaches to be a part of the IHSWCA.

Here are the past three results of the votes...

APPROVE THE WRESTLING COACHES PROPOSALS

The Executive Committee took the following action in response to proposals presented by the Indiana High School

Wrestling Coaches Association during the March meeting:

Add wrestlebacks to the regional and semi-state levels of the current IHSAA State Wrestling Tournament Series.

A motion to approve this proposal was made by John Williams; seconded by Nancy Alspaugh; motion defeated 0-15.

APPROVE THE WRESTLING COACHES PROPOSALS

The Executive Committee took the following action in response to proposals presented by the Indiana High School Wrestling Coaches Association during the March meeting:

1.  The IHSWCA proposes the implementation of full wrestlebacks, from the quarterfinals, during the state tournament series at the Regional and Semi-State levels.

After considerable discussion, a motion to approve the wrestlebacks from the quarterfinals at the wrestling regional and semi-state levels was made by Dennis Bunda; seconded by Phil Hoskins, motion failed 5-12, with Pam Noble, Paul Neidig, Dennis Bunda, Debb Stephens, and Janis Qualizza supporting the motion. 

WRESTLING COACHES PROPOSALS

The Executive Committee took the following actions in response to proposals presented by the Indiana High School Wrestling Coaches Association during the March meeting:

1.      The IHSWCA proposes using wrestlebacks to third place at the IHSAA Regional level of competition.  After considerable discussion, John Williams made a motion to approve the proposal; seconded by Dennis Bunda; motion failed 7-7-2.

2.    The IHSWCA proposes using wrestlebacks to third place, from quarterfinals, at the IHSAA Semi-State level of competition.  A motion to approve this proposal was made by Pam Noble; seconded by John Williams; motion failed 7-7-2.

3.    The IHSWCA proposes using wrestlebacks to third place, from quarterfinals, at the IHSAA State level of competition.  A motion to approve the proposal was made by John Williams; seconded by Pam Noble; motion failed 4-11-1.

4.    The IHSWCA proposes using an open roster for the team members to be weighed in for the Dual Team Competition.  A motion to approve the proposal was made by John Williams; seconded by Patrick Mapes; motion failed 0-16.

5.    The IHSWCA proposes that the IHSAA allow the IHSWCA to score, announce results, and recognize the top three teams of the IHSAA State Individual Meet as winners of the ?Myers/McDaniel Trophies?.  A motion to approve the proposal was made by John Williams; seconded by Jim Feist; motion failed 0-16.

Joe

Thank you for your quick and detailed response. It helps me as well as others understand the politics. By the numbers 40% would be roughly 128 coaches( Approx 325 H.S. Wrestling Programs) Looks like we may have some work to do. Can I get a list of active members. Who voted against it?  128 coaches may exceed the number of serious coaches and programs.Kids put too much in to this to be screwed by politics. I do not believe it is impossible. Just a lot of work. Thanks again.

This is the list as of Jan 24, 2008 of the members of the IHSWCA.  I counted around 135 schools represented.

1 JEFF McCULLOUGH ADAMS CENTRAL

2 TONY CURRIE ADAMS CENTRAL

3 DOUG SCHULTZ ADAMS CENTRAL

4 JACK GRIMALDI ALEXANDRIA

5 JULIO CISNEROS ANDREAN

6 BILL NICELY ASSOCIATE

7 ISRAEL BLEVINS AVON

8 ROBERT BROOKS AVON

9 ROY BRUCE BEDFORD NORTH LAWRENCE

10 RODNEY STEARNS BEDFORD NORTH LAWRENCE

11 SCOT DAWSON BEECH GROVE

12 STEVE NONTELL BEECH GROVE

13 PAUL GUNSETT BELLMONT

14 TIM MYERS BELLMONT

15 AARON MOSS BEN DAVIS

16 GENE WHITTEN BEN DAVIS

17 DAVE STEWART BEN DAVIS

18 TED BEARMAN BEN DAVIS

19 B.J. GARTERMAN BENTON CENTRAL

20 ROYCE DECKARD BLOOMINGTON SOUTH

21 MIKE RUNYON BLOOMINGTON SOUTH

22 DANNY IRWIN BLUFFTON

23 MATT BURKHALTER BLUFFTON

24 ANDY COLLINS BOONVILLE

25 DUSTY MARCHAND BOONVILLE

26 KEVIN SCOTT BOONVILLE

27 DUSTIN WILKE BOONVILLE

28 KEVIN STEWART BREBEUF

29 MARK BRUNER BROWN COUNTY

30 JASON CATELLIER BROWNSBURG

31 DEMETRICE BURTON BROWNSBURG

32 SCOTT MEYER BROWNSBURG

33 DANNY ROSEMAN BROWNSBURG

34 JIM SELVIO CARMEL

35 VEARL TURNPAUGH CARROLL

36 SAM RUFF CASCADE

37 JEFF SAYERS CASCADE

38 BOB HARMON CASTLE

39 MICHAEL BROWN CASTLE

40 DAVID REDWEIK CASTON

41 SEAN McGINLEY CATHEDRAL

42 CALE HOOVER CENTER GROVE

43 SCOTT HARDY CENTER GROVE

44 DERRICK THOMAS CENTER GROVE

45 DAN GANDOLF CENTER GROVE

46 CHUCK FLESHMAN CENTRAL NOBLE

47 CHRIS JOLL CHESTERTON

48 ED PENDOSKI CIA

49 ALLEN WEINZAPFEL CIA

50 JASON WARTHAN COLUMBUS NORTH

51 CHRIS ERVIN CRAWFORDSVILLE

52 DAN BEAUCHAMP CRAWFORDSVILLE

53 JOE CREAGER CRAWFORDSVILLE

54 JASON SURBER CRAWFORDSVILLE

55 ROGER TRIBBETT CRAWFORDSVILLE

55.5 CHAD HOLLENBAUGH CULVER

56 MIKE ATWOOD DELPHI

57 CRAIG SHAW DELPHI

58 MARVIN CAMPBELL DELTA

59 JASON DELOIS DOE CREEK MS

60 CHRIS YOUNG DOE CREEK MS

61 SCOTT SCHWARZ EAST CENTRAL

62 KEITH HOFFAR EAST NOBLE

63 CRAIG STANDISH EASTERN (GREENTOWN)

64 CHUCK BOWER ELKHART CENTRAL

65 REX LEAVITT ELWOOD

66 DARREN HAPPE EV. CENTRAL

67 MARK MASTISON EV. HARRISON

68 JEFF SCHAEFER EV. MEMORIAL

69 KENNY ZUBER EV. MEMORIAL

70 LARRY MATTINGLY EV. MEMORIAL

71 MATT HAPPE EV. MEMORIAL

72 SCOTT FERGUSON EV. REITZ

73 WARREN MILLER EV. REITZ

74 BRAD ANSLINGER EV. REITZ

75 CHAD COOK EV. REITZ

76 JAKE HARRELD FISHERS

77 RYAN HAAS FOREST PARK

78 DARIN THOMAS FOREST PARK

79 CHRIS SHOAF FOUNTAIN CENTRAL

80 LUCAS DEEL FOUNTAIN CENTRAL

81 CLARENCE WARTHAN FRANKFORT

82 CHRISTIAN PEREZ FRANKFORT

83 RICHARD SALLEE FRANKFORT

84 GARY FOX FRANKLIN CENTRAL

85 CHARLES HESSMAN FRANKLIN COM

86 MARK STEVENSON FRANKLIN COM

87 JOE HASSEMAN FRANKLIN COM

88 MATT KRULIK FRANKLIN COM

89 BOB HASSEMAN FRANKLIN COM

90 OTIS CRESS FRANKTON

91 RYAN MOHRMAN FW NORTHSIDE

92 DAN JOLEY FW NORTHSIDE

93 JOE CAPRINO GARRETT

94 LUKE FIELDEN GARRETT

95 JOHN BARNETT GIBSON SOUTHERN

96 JIM PICKARD GOSHEN

97 MATT McCOMISH GREENCASTLE

98 JOSH HOLDEN GREENFIELD-CENTRAL

99 ED HAMANT GREENFIELD-CENTRAL

100 PAUL HOLDEN GREENFIELD-CENTRAL

101 ADAM METZGER GREENSBURG

102 JESSE WALLACE GREENSBURG

103 DR. DENNIS GOLDBERG GREENSBURG

104 MARK HOWE GREENWOOD

105 TRAVIS WALLS GRIFFITH

106 RUSS RADTKE GRIFFITH

107 ED FOX HALL OF FAME COORDINATOR

108 GREG GASTINEAU HAMILTON S.E.

109 GREG ROBERTS HAMILTON S.E.

110 KEVIN KUBLI HAMILTON S.E.

111 SCOTT DUNWOODY HAMILTON S.E.

112 NICK PETROV HANOVER CENTRAL

113 SCOTT VAN DER AA HARRISON (LAFAYETTE)

114 BRIAN CAMPBELL HARRISON (LAFAYETTE)

115 MARTY VLAHOS HARRISON (LAFAYETTE)

116 MATT THOMPSON HERITAGE HILLS

117 MIKE KEMP HERITAGE HILLS

118 STEVE BALASH HOBART

119 RENE RODRIGUEZ HOBART

120 TOM SWAFFORD HOBART

121 JOHN CANTU HOBART

122 MIKE ELLIS HOBART

123 RANDY PURSLEY HOMESTEAD

124 PHIL ECKERT HUNTINGTON NORTH

125 KEVIN JOLAS HUNTINGTON NORTH

126 DARNELL BOOKER IN. BLIND SCHOOL

127 DANIEL MIDELL IND. BLIND SCHOOL

128 BILLY ADDISON IND. RANKINGS

129 CHRIS RALEY INDIAN CREEK

130 JOHN DENIEN INDIAN CREEK

131 KEITH GRANT INDIAN CREEK

132 RICK STENFTENAGEL JASPER

133 JAMES MYERS JAY COUNTY

134 DANNY STRUCK JEFFERSONVILLE

135 CHAD OGDEN JEFFERSONVILLE

136 ROBBY RHINEHART JEFFERSONVILLE

137 KACEY CARLTON JEFFERSONVILLE

138 ZACH HARPER JEFFERSONVILLE

139 T. HOWARD JONES JENNINGS COUNTY

140 MARK MATTERN JENNINGS COUNTY

141 TY OLDS JENNINGS COUNTY

142 MICHAEL REITMAN JENNINGS COUNTY

143 DAVID GRIDER JENNINGS COUNTY

144 KEVIN SMITH JENNINGS COUNTY

145 LEONARD COLLETT JENNINGS COUNTY

146 JEFF MORRISON JENNINGS COUNTY

147 MARK KERRN JIMTOWN

148 DAVID GASKILL JIMTOWN

149 BRIAN WINDBIGLER KNOX

150 ROB LEAVITT KOKOMO

151 TOM MILLER LAFAYETTE JEFF

152 TIM PRATT LAFAYETTE JEFF

153 LOUIS KUZDAS LaPORTE

154 MATT GRAHAM LaPORTE

155 BRIAN SCHROLL LaPORTE

156 MIKE BOTTORFF LaVILLE

157 SHAD ROBAKOWSKI LaVILLE

158 EDWARD DOWNS LaVILLE

159 CHAD RED LAWRENCE CENTRAL

160 JAYSON WEST LAWRENCE CENTRAL

161 JEREMY BANE LAWRENCE CENTRAL

162 JARED WILLIAMS LAWRENCE NORTH

163 MIKE WEIMER LAWRENCE NORTH

164 TONY TALLEY LAWRENCE NORTH

165 JEREMY GONDOL LAWRENCE NORTH

166 ERIC DOUGLAS LAWRENCE NORTH

167 BOB WILLHITE LEBANON

168 JOSH DOMMER LEO

169 DENNY KERN LEO

170 BOB FREIJE MACONAQUAH

171 DEREK PAGE MACONAQUAH

172 CURT BULLICK MACONAQUAH

173 JASON STEWART MANUAL

174 LEE LINDEN MARTINSVILLE

175 MARK CREAGER MARTINSVILLE

176 ROY ADAMS MILAN

177 DARRICK SNYDER MISHAWAKA - TM POLL

178 ZACH ERRETT MOORESVILLE

179 JERRY BRAWLEY MOORESVILLE

180 TODD GILPIN MT. VERNON

181 JIM BINKLEY NEW ALBANY

182 ERIC BURRES NEW ALBANY

183 WILL RAGLE NEW CASTLE

184 REX PECKINPAUGH NEW CASTLE - WEBMASTER

185 BARRY HUMBLE NEW HAVEN

186 JAMIE WINGLER NEW PALESTINE

187 STEVE HARDING NEW PALESTINE

188 DAVID WALDROUP NEW PALESTINE

189 STEVE ROSS NEW PALESTINE

190 LOU SILVERMAN NORTH CENTRAL

191 JOSH MOCEK NORTH CENTRAL

192 BOB TIPSWORD NORTH CENTRAL

193 RICHARD BYRER NORTH KNOX

194 J.D. MINCH NORTH MONTGOMERY

195 SAM RIESEN NORTH MONTGOMERY

196 BRETT CLARK NORTH MONTGOMERY

197 SHAWN HASLAM NORTH MONTGOMERY

198 BRUCE CUNNINGHAM NORTH NEWTON

199 ROB DETERS NORTH POSEY

200 SCOTT MILLER NORTHWESTERN

201 ROD LONE NORTHWOOD

202 JOHN HELLER NORWELL

203 STEVE HARP OFFICIAL

204 AARON HANNON PAOLI

205 JIM TONTE PERRY MERIDIAN

206 WES GIBSON PERRY MERIDIAN

207 SHAUN RICHARDSON PERRY MERIDIAN

208 PHIL GLASSER PERRY MERIDIAN

209 DAVE THORNTON PERRY MERIDIAN

210 MATT SCHOETTLE PERRY MERIDIAN

211 ZACH PIERSON PERRY MERIDIAN

212 DAVE WALPOLE PERRY MERIDIAN

213 DENVER ALEXANDER PERRY MERIDIAN

214 DAVE BURKS PERRY MERIDIAN

215 ANDY HOBBS PERU

216 JASON BROWN PERU

217 JASON GODWISE PERU

218 PAUL NICODEMUS PLAINFIELD

219 BOB READ PLYMOUTH

220 JOHN MILLS PLYMOUTH

221 RYAN RUST PLYMOUTH

222 EARL BOYER PLYMOUTH

223 PATRICK WILKINS PORTAGE

224 JIM MAGLIS PRINCETON

225 CLAY LEEK PRINCETON

226 SCOTT WALLIS PRINCETON

227 FRED LAMB RETIRED

228 GREG LAMB RETIRED

229 KEVIN BUCK RICHMOND

230 DAVE DeLONG RICHMOND

231 CLINT GARD ROCHESTER

232 JAMES SAMUELS ROCHESTER

233 DERRICK HOLLOWAY ROCHESTER

234 DERRICK WHITBECK ROCHESTER

235 SHAWN CONDEN ROCHESTER

236 JACK DAY RUSHVILLE

237 JERRY INGALLS RUSHVILLE

238 AL HARTMAN SB CLAY

239 BILL FLATT SB RILEY

240 MIKE SMORIN SB RILEY

241 TYSON SKINNER SCOTTSBURG

242 JOHN HORN SCOTTSBURG

243 WES HALL SHELBYVILLE

244 TOM PACKER SOUTH SPENCER

245 JAMIE WELLIEVER SOUTHMONT

246 KYLE BOOTS SOUTHMONT

247 DAVE DUNCAN SOUTHMONT

248 DARREN PETTY SOUTHPORT

249 CORY SHRUM SOUTHPORT

250 TODD WEAVER SOUTHPORT

251 DAVE SCHANK SOUTHRIDGE

252 TIM BRAZELTON TECUMSEH

253 JOEL GEORGES TECUMSEH

254 JOE LITHERLAND TELL CITY

255 MARK FRISZ TERRE HAUTE NORTH

256 JOHN DELISLE TERRE HAUTE NORTH

257 SCOTT SMITH TIPPECANOE VALLEY

258 CHAD NELSON TIPPECANOE VALLEY

259 BRETT SWIHART TRITON

260 SAM DAVIS TRITON

261 RANDY McPHERON TRITON CENTRAL

262 STEVE BEALMEAR TRI-WEST

263 KEN HOUSTON TWIN LAKES

264 DAN BRIGGS UNION COUNTY

265 MATT COLLINS VINCENNES LINCOLN

266 assistant coach VINCENNES LINCOLN

267 JUSTIN VAIL WABASH

268 JAKE O'NEILL WABASH

269 CARL AMERINE WABASH COLLEGE

270 BRIAN ANDERSON WABASH COLLEGE

271 MATT SCHROEDER WARREN CENTRAL

272 TONY WILLIS WARREN CENTRAL

273 ANDY ST. LAURENT WARREN CENTRAL

274 JONATHAN ANDERSON WARREN CENTRAL

275 DAVID NICHOLAS WARREN CENTRAL

276 MICHAEL CLEVENGER WARREN CENTRAL

277 ZACHARIAH YAZOLZIK WARREN CENTRAL

278 JASON ROTH WES-DEL

279 JAY KEELEY WES-DEL

280 JASON COOK WEST LAFAYETTE

281 ROBBY MORGAN WEST NOBLE

282 JOEL PIPPENGER WESTVIEW

283 DAVE THOMPSON WHITELAND

284 GENE WILLARD WHITELAND

285 MIKE HAND WHITELAND

286 JUSTIN HARMON WHITELAND

287 JOHN SCHILAWSKI WHITELAND

288 WAYNE HARMON WHITELAND

289 STEVE VAN DER AA WINAMAC

290 MAURICE KASTEN WINAMAC

291 BRANDON MOCK WINCHESTER

292 RON ANDERSON WINCHESTER - RET.

293 ANTHONY GIROD WOODLAN

294 DANNY COOPER YORKTOWN

295 TROY DULANEY YORKTOWN

296 TRENT McCORMICK YORKTOWN

297 JOE WILLMANN YORKTOWN

I just thought that the point of our state tournament was to find a "true" state champion.  Should we really care about the qualifiers and 2nd-8th place finishers?

You don't really mean that. You know my situation Joe. Are you saying a legitamate contender should be knock out at semi's. This is a whole other complex issue surrounding wt cutting and first match of the day vs last match of the day. Off The scale wt vs match time  wt. Not to mention a little thing called momentum. Tell me you believe wrestle backs are a good and needed format.At the national level top 8 are All Americans which is quite an honor. At the state level it is called All State Honors  also an accomplishment worth recognizing.

Thanks for the List.   

Oscar,

As you know I can be kinda sarcastic at times and this is yet another one of those comments.  I find a lot of what people say in the class wrestling threads can be translated pretty well to other areas of our sport.  This is one great example, as to me it seems people are so concerned with the "true" champion that they really don't care about the other placements as long as we can have our "true" champion. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.