cyoung

From the IHSWCA.com

Team Results from the IHSWCA Middle School State are as follows:

Doe Creek - 51 Points

Indy West - 45 Points

Franklin - 42 Points

Penn - 33 Points

Perry Meridian - 30 Points

Congratualtions to Doe Creek Middle School on winning the Championship.

I'm proud of all of my Doe Creek Wrestlers! Great job!  ;D

Chris Young

Doe Creek Wrestling

According Trackwrestling:

Team Total Match Points= 1) CIA 181  2) Perry Meridian 98  3) Lowell MS 91  4) FRANKLIN MS 84

Team Classification Points= 1) CIA 344  2) FRANKLIN MS187  3) Lowell MS 161  4) Perry Meridian 157

Is the results derived from the IHSWCA different due to kids changing their status from CIA or a perhaps a Club to a middle school? Just wondering how Trackwrestling scored it this way and the IHSWCA has different results?

I understand not counting two kids in the same weight class for points IF they are in the same pool but if two kids place from different pools, they should count those points...it only stands to reason. I think that is what killed us with the points difference...(with Jake and Drew at 75)

I was just wondering...

(especially since CIA is not in the Top Teams per the IHSWCA but is at the Top per Trackwrestling; that is why I thought the kids' status was changed since they registered)

Not having the flyer in front of me I think it did state that only one wrestler per team and a weight and no all star teams.  I believe CIA would qualify as an all star team.  I always had the impression that this tournament was for the middle school programs not clubs.  The regular ISWA, USA, Borderwars, and etc fill that gap.  If I am mistaken then somebody please correct me.

We have had several kids place in the same weight class in years past.  We have never been able to score more than one.  Also coach Richardson turned in our points and we actually had 40 for PM.  We had a 1st 150=16, 2nd at 275=12, and 4 6th places=12 for a total of 40 points.  I won't tell you who added the points up:)

Track wrestling is not how they scored it. You received 16 points for a first place finish. 12 points for a second place finish. 9 points for a third place finish. 7 points for a fourth place finish. 5 points for a fifth place finish. 3 points for a 6th place finish. I'm not sure how track wrestling scored it though, but that was not the format that they went with. The only way to score points was to have a placer. I guess this is more fair, so a team cannot bring 50 kids and win the state tournament just on having numbers, which would get bonus points for pins, etc. I think I added Lowell to have 32 points, if you did not count the duplicate at 75. 39 points if you do count the duplicate. The form that they handed out at the tournament was pretty clear on the scoring though.

I would love for somebody to clear up my ignorance.  What high school does Indy West feed into?  The others I recognize.  Thanks.

I think Indy West is a club.  The kids that wrestled on that team are from a couple middle schools that go to Ben Davis.

I would love for somebody to clear up my ignorance.  What high school does Indy West feed into?  The others I recognize.  Thanks.

I think Indy West is a club.  The kids that wrestled on that team are from a couple middle schools that go to Ben Davis.

That sounds right...most of them had some sort of Ben Davis gear or colors on.

Indy West is a combination of Lynhurst Middle school and Chapel Hill Middle school.  They are the two large feeder schools of Ben Davis High School.  Perry Meridian middle wrestled them in a dual earlier this season.  Ben Davis has done a nice job getting there program up and running again.  They also won the Marion County freshman tournament this year.  Sorry, I didn't see the response of Gill.

New scores were posted on IHWCA.com

Team Results from the IHSWCA Middle School State are as follows:

Doe Creek - 51 Points

Franklin - 42 Points

Perry Meridian - 40 Points

Penn - 33 Points

Indy West - 28 Points

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.