1st Round Sleepers

103 state champ

It's tough to call these ! but here are some potential upsets ! Before you boo ! Everyone can be upset on any givin day, but these are the ones that stand out to me of #4s over #1s

Bohannon has the potential to upset Richey

Wood has the potential to upset Stein

McCoy has the potential to upset Schultz

skelton of lebanon over march of east nobel skelton is a senior and has a knack of coming up big agaunst ranked opponents in my opinin he would have been the only one to beat mascaro if it was not for the horrible call in the regional championship match

skelton of lebanon over march of east nobel skelton is a senior and has a knack of coming up big agaunst ranked opponents in my opinin he would have been the only one to beat mascaro if it was not for the horrible call in the regional championship match

I wouldn't bet much on this actually happening.  March is one of the best wrestlers in the state. 

Does anybody have any names that could be sleepers in this tournament. I have one most people expect #1 Casey Kenny to beat #4 John Petrov.

My prediction Petrov 5-3 ot  ;D

Petrov is good, but he won't beat Kenny.

How did Petrov get 4th? I was shocked to see that, that will be an amazing first round matchup with 2 guys who deserve to stand on the podium.

Does anybody have any names that could be sleepers in this tournament. I have one most people expect #1 Casey Kenny to beat #4 John Petrov.

My prediction Petrov 5-3 ot  ;D

Petrov is good, but he won't beat Kenny.

How did Petrov get 4th? I was shocked to see that, that will be an amazing first round matchup with 2 guys who deserve to stand on the podium.

I believe he got beat by Brooks in the semi-finals in a pretty tough match, then injury defaulted to take 4th place

Im going with Dominique Butts upsetting Alex Surma at 140

I ll take dat bet !

Butts is my sleeper for the entire tournament at 140. I watched him last wknd at New Castle and he wrestled very well..beating Decker, Youngs, and #7 Duncan, and losing a very close 2-0 match to Tony McGinley. If he can wrestle that way this wknd, he's going to be scary and shock alot of people, starting by upsetting Surma in the 1st round. He's become a monster. So watch him closely come Friday, and I think, deep into Saturday, possibly making a run for the finals.

Im going with Dominique Butts upsetting Alex Surma at 140

I ll take dat bet !

Butts is my sleeper for the entire tournament at 140. I watched him last wknd at New Castle and he wrestled very well..beating Decker, Youngs, and #7 Duncan, and losing a very close 2-0 match to Tony McGinley. If he can wrestle that way this wknd, he's going to be scary and shock alot of people, starting by upsetting Surma in the 1st round. He's become a monster. So watch him closely come Friday, and I think, deep into Saturday, possibly making a run for the finals.

If he beats Surma I'll PM you friday night My Cell # and I'll buy you a shaved Ice. But it sounds like he had a good run at New Castle

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.