well, what is the general concesus on adding 4th placers from regionals?

D-train

pro-

it does prove that a 4th place guy from a strong regional at a given weight can knock off a champ from a lesser regional.  therefore giving guys an extra chance to get downstate. 

con-

it takes a lot of drama out of the do or die 3rd place match at regionals, and to a lesser extent the urgency of winning the semi match at regionals. 

con- 

makes semi-state take FOR-EVER!

We in Evansville got to watch a young man from Jasper (171) not only take the 4th place finishers spot, but advance into the Ticket Round by pinning a 43-2 Wrestler. 

I would have to say that is one piece of proof that it's a worth while addition.

We in Evansville got to watch a young man from Jasper (171) not only take the 4th place finishers spot, but advance into the Ticket Round by pinning a 43-2 Wrestler.   

I would have to say that is one piece of proof that it's a worth while addition.

are you saying that he was an alternate?

Wasnt he from Forrest Park? Voges?

Yes...

I Left Merrillville at 8:30 then drove home for almost an hour lol, 4 was fun but it did make for a long day. It was awesome though to see 2  - # 4 seeds make it down to conseco congrats to Medina and Bakalik.

Good job by both wrestlers, wasn't expecting Bakalik to make it down.

Yes...

I think his name was Cody Kreilein

I would agree wih Buckpatrol. Some how we need to get wrestlebacks involved in Indiana, there were some very good ticket round matches that sent some kids home that should still be going to Indy. The only way to do it would be by starting on Friday and going 1 or 2 rounds or else we will be at M'ville till midnight on a Saturday. Having the 4's there was ok, but with the shorter breaks they need to provide chiropractic adjusments during those 30 minute breaks ;D    Congrats and good luck to everyone next weekend.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.