Come on Merrillville isn't THAT bad!

Y2CJ41

No Exceptions....unless you happen to wrestle for Merrillville? lol, jk

Honestly, though, it takes a lot of organization to pull off such a large event in such a small venue.  I wonder if they could spare some space in the fieldhouse for wrestlers to keep their healthy food/coolers...could be a good compromise.

No Exceptions....unless you happen to wrestle for Merrillville? lol, jk

Honestly, though, it takes a lot of organization to pull off such a large event in such a small venue.  I wonder if they could spare some space in the fieldhouse for wrestlers to keep their healthy food/coolers...could be a good compromise.

Just bring a cooler and leave it in your car. You can carry food in as long as it's not in a cooler. It's a pretty easy solution.

FYI Wrestling Fans:

1.  Ticket prices are set by the IHSAA NOT MERRILLVILLE HIGH SCHOOL. 

Merrillville High School does not keep the proceeds from this tournament. 

After expenses, all profit is sent to the IHSAA.

IAMNOWHERE

Fabio,

I guess everyone can interpret things differently.  I assumed they were talking about the ticket profits only.  How did you interpret the above line?

I AM NOWHERE or I AM NOW HERE?

Fabio,

Last time I checked there is this thing called free will.  You do not HAVE to buy anything from their concession stand.  Yes is it more convienant to buy from the concession stand so we do not have to leave, but ah come on Fabio, the Cavemen feed into this semi-state, I am sure you guys found ways to get your drinks and healthy food in the venue to avoid those "inflated" prices, which by the way do not seem to be as inflated as Ft Wayne SS according to another post I recently read,

I see where you are coming from Fabio, but how many sporting events can you go to where you are allowed to bring in your own cooler with your own food.  It is one thing to complain about coolers for the wrestlers but another to complain about coolers for non-participants.  I am sure that strong Cavemen following in the northwest bleachers would be willing to save mom and pops a seat to go and eat.

I did hear from a very reliable source, that M'ville will be providing an area  with a mat for the wrestlers to warm up. This will get wrestlers out of the bleachers and away from any distractions while letting them get properly warmed up. Oh yeah, and it might open up a little more seating  ;D. Nice move!

you mean no more warming up in the hallways or bleachers? isn't that part of what makes the merrillville ss the best ss in the state? are they also provide a service where they teach how to turn a "camera bag" into a cooler?

You know it would not be that bad if they allowed the wrestlers to bring in coolers, or maybe even 1 large one per team! Their concession stand sucks. No healthy food at all. But their (Merrillville) wrestlers get coolers & hospitality room. It's almost unfair. I can understand not allowing coolers for fans. This semi-state needs to be at a neutral venue like the ones in Fort Wayne & Evansville!

you mean no more warming up in the hallways or bleachers? isn't that part of what makes the merrillville ss the best ss in the state? are they also provide a service where they teach how to turn a "camera bag" into a cooler?

That's the best part of the Merrillville Semi State...warming up in those 4 little corners of the hallways by each mat!  And wrestling bags make good homes for your cooler too!

mr. macdaddy,

Have you personally seen these coolers?  I can not argue the fact of the hospitality room.  I think Dave would disapporve of any of his wrestlers bringing in a cooler knowing no one else can bring one in.

the first year  I remember the "no coolers" rule - I saw Dexter with a cooler going into Merrillville cove.  I figured they didn't have the guts to tell him NO COOLERS!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.