Schedule for SS

decbell1

According to the Democrat, wrestling starts at 9.

Semi-finals won't start until 3:30

Finals and 3/4th at 6pm??????????????????????????

You have got to be kidding me.

I assume you are talking about the Decatur Daily Democrat? Which would mean the Woodlan SS...and that is what I have heard as well. That is insane! What is taking so long? How many mats are they going 4-6?

There have always been 4 mats. All they have added is an additional 14 matches in the first round on each match. I do not understand why the first two rounds are going to take SIX...........................SIX HOURS!!!!

I am hoping they will not be sticking to that schedule, and that it is only an estimate.

There have always been 4 mats. All they have added is an additional 14 matches in the first round on each match. I do not understand why the first two rounds are going to take SIX...........................SIX HOURS!!!!

I am hoping they will not be sticking to that schedule, and that it is only an estimate.

This is my first semistate which is why I didn't know the mats. I figured four but didn't know if they tried to squeeze six. It is an estimate I imagine thinking that there won't be a lot of quick pins like there would be in sectionals or possibly regionals.

I don't want to put anyone down, but there are often a good amount of pins in that first round between #2's and #3's. I would imagine that there will be a decent amount of regional champs pinning 4th placers.

I hope they don't all go 6 minutes, otherwise I'll have to spend all of Valentine's Day at Semi-State.......haha

I don't want to put anyone down, but there are often a good amount of pins in that first round between #2's and #3's. I would imagine that there will be a decent amount of regional champs pinning 4th placers.

I hope they don't all go 6 minutes, otherwise I'll have to spend all of Valentine's Day at Semi-State.......haha

You say that like it is a bad thing. Nothing better then a little wrestling on Valentines day. ;) ;)

Yeah, well we will see! Hopefully it doesn't last all day!

What do you mean they "only" added 14 matches on each mat.....they only used to have 14 matches on each mat.  It is now doubled....unless my math is wrong...

You say that like it is a bad thing. Nothing better then a little wrestling on Valentines day. ;) ;)

My Valentine won't be back in town until late Saturday evening...SO WRESTLE ON!!!!!!!!!

;-)

beachbum is correct...not taking into account for pins...round 1 should be double what it used to be.  right?  I believe it usually lasts two hours so by my calculations, it should double to 4 hours.  now, taking into account pins, because there should be more pins for a 1 vs. 4, we'll take off 20 minutes.  so the quarterfinals should start 3 hours and 40 minutes after round 1.

According to their website merrillville has the finals scheduled for 4:00. They are usually pretty good about keeping to the schedule.

i think they estimate 4:00 for the finals every year if im not mistaken so the additional wrestlers probably set the finals to anywhere from 5:00-6:00  :o  just a guess though wouldnt be the first or last time i was wrong

I usually figure an hour and a half for a reguar dual meet.  Each mat will have the equivalent of two dual meets in the first round and one in the second.  That's 4 1/2 hours with no delays, so they may be a little pessimistic.  They're probably figuring a lunch break before the semi-finals, too.  I wouldn't be surprised if its at least 5 1/2 hours to get to the semis.

Decbell - will you get to see  any of the wrestling or will you be at a MS event all day?

Evansville  SS  

Session 1-2              Session 3                   Session 4

9:00 am                  1:30 pm              Finals & Consolation

4:00 pm

All times cst

Evansville  SS  

Session 1-2              Session 3                   Session 4

9:00 am                  1:30 pm              Finals & Consolation

4:00 pm

All times cst

I can't remember do we wrestle 3rd/4th and the finals at the same time. Or at least have in the  past.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.