the region vs indy schools

elm

If it is "north vs. south" (region vs. Indy and south of Indy) -Indy.  Region vs. Indy and surrounding counties- Region.  Would be a great tournament anyway. I bet there are some charities that would put good use a cut of the gate!!!!  B-ball does it. Lets do it at two locations north and south. Raise some $$, have fun and include the younger wrestlers.  Forget it...IHSAA would kill it. It is not b-ball!!!! :'(  Oh well. 

Here is the matchups I would have(based on rankings)

103: Kyle Ayersman vs Jared McKinley

112: Anthony Hawkins vs Brandon Nelsen

119: John Petrov vs Brandon Wright

125: Jason Tsirtsis vs Cashe' Quiroga

130: Frankie Porras vs D'Marcus Spencer

135: Eric Roach vs Chris Goodwin

140: Alex Surma vs Tony McGinley

145: Chris Almaraz vs Jacob Tasseff

152: Sean McMurray vs Calvin Sullivan

160: Mark Myers vs Anthony Bill

171: Kourtney Berry vs Bryce Grimes

189: Marcus Shrewsbury vs Michael Johnson-Jones

215: Nathan Cleveland vs Gabriel Berry

285: James Travis vs Ethan Cuevas

I have The Region taking it 34-16

Note I only used wrestlers within the Region and Marion County.

If you are including Hanover Central, Hobart and Merriville in the Region, it would only be fair to allow teams like Avon and Carmel to be thrown in the mix. I would even go as far as to say that Fishers, Mount Vernon and maybe Pendleton would be included.  Merriville and Hanover are just as far from the Region as Fishers, Fortville and Pendleton are from Indy. Good topic though, especially this year. 

Here we go:

130: Frankie Porras  vs D'Marcus Spencer

A few close matches go to Indy and the match series is tied 7-7, but da Region (which always seems to be expanding) gets more bonus points and wins the dual.

It would be worth the price of admission!

Here we go:

130: Frankie Porras  vs D'Marcus Spencer

A few close matches go to Indy and the match series is tied 7-7, but da Region (which always seems to be expanding) gets more bonus points and wins the dual.

It would be worth the price of admission!

i personally would have hawkins, porras and travis winning

If you are including Hanover Central, Hobart and Merriville in the Region, it would only be fair to allow teams like Avon and Carmel to be thrown in the mix. I would even go as far as to say that Fishers, Mount Vernon and maybe Pendleton would be included.  Merriville and Hanover are just as far from the Region as Fishers, Fortville and Pendleton are from Indy. Good topic though, especially this year. 

You obviously aren't familiar with Northwest Indiana. There are different ideas of what the region actually encompasses, but I think it's fair to say most of Lake County is included. I think the disagreements come when you start including rural Porter County and LaPorte County in the definition. I've even heard some people include St. Joseph County, now that's certainly not the region. Those schools you mentioned are all in the heart of Lake County, so I think you are wrong and most people who know would agree with me.

Hobart & Merrillville are in the heart of the "Region". Hanover Central is in Cedar Lake. Half of that town goes to Crown Point. All of which is in Lake county. Tradionally the "Region" consist of Lake & Porter counties. All blue collar, steel working communities within a short drive of the Lake Michigan shore & Downtown Chicago. Now saying LaPorte county is in the "Region" can be disputed. But I think everyone from this area would agree that Lake & Porter counties are the "Region"!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.