• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx Y2

ff

Haha, sucking up now?

I don't think he even read it but just in case you delete your comments and I'll delete mine.

ff

I thought your name was FEARLESS fly!

Bluebolt,

It was actually a 16 pt. swing in my private predictions for 152 & 171.  I had Ritter getting a major (4) and Lovelace dec (3) -instead we gave up (3) and (6).  We still would've lost 30-29.  

It was an interesting night - Reitz will need to correct some things to give MD a run at Sectionals.  

A correction on the 152 match - I FAT fingered my text to Y2 about the illegal move.  Ritter did not lose on an Illegal move.  He was penalized 1 pt for what the referee thought was unsportsmanlike or excessive as they went out of bounds.   This put MD up 2 - the ref called stalling with 2 seconds left to make the final score 4-3.  Penalties offset I guess.

Pretty brave of you, Mr. Houchins, to put pictures like that on the internet.  I'm sure there are plenty of picts that your westside friends could put up, including your own! Rumer has it that reitz's coach let the press know that this was to be the night. Very impressed w/MD's 125lb.-the match of the night.

Yes the coaches did say and feel that if there was a night to beat Mater Dei this was it.  Alot of variables have to go right in order for that to happen.  No excuses our guys did not get the job done and their guys did.  However, it was said that Mater Dei never gets pinned and they did twice tonight.  Some of their guys knew they had no chance to win and their job was not to get pinned.  It worked in one but not the other.  What was even more sad about the night was we have two teams ranked in the top ten(with no classes) and neither the news was there nor an article about the meet before hand.  We have a rivalry probably unmatched by many and in the long run makes us better at Conseco.  Another tough weekend of wrestling ahead and on to the Siac.  Good job to Mater Dei on the win and hopefully our guys respond from this learning experience.

Yes the coaches did say and feel that if there was a night to beat Mater Dei this was it.  Alot of variables have to go right in order for that to happen.  No excuses our guys did not get the job done and their guys did.  However, it was said that Mater Dei never gets pinned and they did twice tonight.  Some of their guys knew they had no chance to win and their job was not to get pinned.  It worked in one but not the other.  What was even more sad about the night was we have two teams ranked in the top ten(with no classes) and neither the news was there nor an article about the meet before hand.  We have a rivalry probably unmatched by many and in the long run makes us better at Conseco.  Another tough weekend of wrestling ahead and on to the Siac.  Good job to Mater Dei on the win and hopefully our guys respond from this learning experience.

Well said igrapple2

Bluebolt,

It was actually a 16 pt. swing in my private predictions for 152 & 171.  I had Ritter getting a major (4) and Lovelace dec (3) -instead we gave up (3) and (6).  We still would've lost 30-29.  

It was an interesting night - Reitz will need to correct some things to give MD a run at Sectionals.  

A correction on the 152 match - I FAT fingered my text to Y2 about the illegal move.  Ritter did not lose on an Illegal move.  He was penalized 1 pt for what the referee thought was unsportsmanlike or excessive as they went out of bounds.   This put MD up 2 - the ref called stalling with 2 seconds left to make the final score 4-3.  Penalties offset I guess.

I stand corrected!  OK...I am actually sitting, but that's not important!  LOL

Stalling with 2 seconds left...Don't you just LOVE when they waste out time with a call like that????

I'm pretty sure it was an inappropriate comment during the 152 match.  The photographer was too close to the mat and within earshot of the official.  I guess Kevin has really good hearing - because most of the 2000 people were screaming at the time!!  That's why they make me sit at the top of the gym :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.