Al Smith Brackets posted!

Insanoflex

If you lose your first match, then you won't have to wrestle him.  Does that help? ::)

nooo it doenst!

cuz then ill have to win 5 matches in a row if i wanna go on to the 2nd day!

Here it is:

If you go 3-0 you are done for the day and in the semi-finals.

if you go 2-0 then lose your 3rd match you only have to win one more to make it to the 2nd day.

If you lose one match out of your first two, then you have to go 4-1 to make it to the second day.

Bryce Grimes  from L North and Huey Hudson from Riley will be good match (7# vs 10#)

this will be a great to see

171 will be a hard weight this year

most ranked guys are in this weight

i think it will be a good match to lol

cashe and porras in the semi's will be one of the best matches all day

Then the winner will most likely have to wrestler Harper next!  Talk about a prep for the state tournament!

Who you guys taking...

Cashe Quiroga or Frankie Porras?

Should be a good match between two outstanding wrestlers.  Cashe is very energetic and will wrestle a lot more than Harper, but don't count Porras' aggressive nature out.  I will take Porras in this one though, but I think this match-up will be in the finals because I don't think Harper is going to wrestle. Mark my words.

Who you guys taking...

Cashe Quiroga or Frankie Porras?

Should be a good match between two outstanding wrestlers.  Cashe is very energetic and will wrestle a lot more than Harper, but don't count Porras' aggressive nature out.  I will take Porras in this one though, but I think this match-up will be in the finals because I don't think Harper is going to wrestle. Mark my words.

Will Harper not be wrestling because of the same reason he only wrestled a little at the Triacoff?

Rumor is he has a bum shoulder, but then again, last time Cashe bumped to wrestle Harper, he didn't wrestle, then wrestled later on that day.  I'm not saying he is scared of Quiroga, but I can assure you if he does wrestle, and loses, "Harper's shoulder is bad" is all we will hear.  I have not heard anything lately about his shoulder though so maybe we will see 3 of the best wrestlers in the state battle for the 130 lb title.  I'll meet ya!

Have you or anyone for that matter every heard Harper make an excuse about his one loss ??

FWIW- Harper had a shoulder brace on duriing the Penn match. As for Calumet Harper only wrestled when the coach's

put him in the line-up.  It was up to Snyder, not Josh.

If Harper wrestles, i think it's much more likely that all we will hear is "Harper stalled his way to the win" or "The refs screwed Porras".  Sitting around wondering what excuses a three time state champ with one loss will make about losing makes about as much sense as, well, nevermind, it just doesn't make any sense. 

Guest justafan52

I agree with ThatOneFan...Match was within 1 point between Porras and Harper last year.  If he decides to wrestle things could get stirred up a little bit, and im sure we will hear that he was not 100% but a win is a win, right?

Rumor is he has a bum shoulder, but then again, last time Cashe bumped to wrestle Harper, he didn't wrestle, then wrestled later on that day.  I'm not saying he is scared of Quiroga, but I can assure you if he does wrestle, and loses, "Harper's shoulder is bad" is all we will hear.  I have not heard anything lately about his shoulder though so maybe we will see 3 of the best wrestlers in the state battle for the 130 lb title.  I'll meet ya!

Harper would have no reason to be scared of $$$$$, he's already beat him 2x

Harper has beat Cashe, fact.  More than twice actually it has been 3 or 4 times.  Harper also pinned Cashe in last years Al Smith.  Does this mean anything? I guess that if you beat someone in the past, there is no concern for future matches with this opponent. Lucky Harper, he will stroll through the state finals.

Nothing against Harper, he is an awesome wrestler and definitely one of the best the state has seen, period.  A three time state champ as a junior is quite a feat.  I am also not calling him out if in fact he does not wrestle tomorrow.  I would not blame the kid for not wanting to further injure his shoulder, because he has too much going for him to risk that.  A scholarship to MSU is a little more important than the Al Smith Invite.  I wish him the best of luck throughout the rest of his high school career and through his collegiate endeavors.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.