Da Region Times

Regionrat1

I can't clearly understand how da Times has such little respect for da worlds greatest sport. Bein da finest area in da state dat paper just plain ole blows. How about a picture ?

After reading Karlhungus's review, maybe the Times ahould call and offer him a position!!!!  Too bad his article was not in the Times, or any other newspaper!

I saw Brian Waddle from The Times at the meet, and he is definately a good friend and fan to the wrestling community. Unfortunately, he isn't in charge of deciding how much press we get. Kudos to Ducky Waddle, though.... he definately does his part to promote the sport in the press.

I can't clearly understand how da Times has such little respect for da worlds greatest sport. Bein da finest area in da state dat paper just plain ole blows. How about a picture ?

After reading Karlhungus's review, maybe the Times ahould call and offer him a position!!!!  Too bad his article was not in the Times, or any other newspaper!

I thought it might be a bit long but I figured I was writing to a captive audience on this site.  The thing of it is with the Traicoff, one can only watch about 10-20% of the great wrestling and I felt like I probably missed many more big matches on the day. 

Don't feel too bad.  Mishawaka won the state title last year and on the same night South Bend Washington Girls Basketball won the semi-state.  SB Wash got the majority of the front page.

BTW, the Times does suck at promoting the sport.  Rarely does it ever have wrestling on the front sports page, at least that was the case when I lived in the Region.

This topic seems to come up every year.

There seems to be so many people that get upset about basketball getting more coverage, blah blah blah

Secret: Newspapers are in the business of selling papers!!  There is not that large of an audience for high school wrestling.

I'm sure they have people doing research on what people want to read about, and what will ultimately sell more papers, and in turn get more advertising dollars.

In terms of HOW they cover the sport, Its a little unreasonable to think that the writers should all be experts on the sport, I think we should be happy with what is written.

All that said, my paper, the Hammond Times does a terrific job. Keep it up Waddle!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.