Fort Wayne Semi-State Rankings *2/3*

Y2CJ41

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not really sure but he won the weston close pretty easily it looks like and i think he beat stone on the summer at leo

In all your posts through this whole board, you may have the most grammatical errors.  I understand regionrat1 better than most things you type.

I think its because he is still in highschool.

not really sure but he won the weston close pretty easily it looks like and i think he beat stone on the summer at leo

This would be impossible because Stone didn't wrestle at Leo.  He was injured all summer.  We didn't want to risk him not being able to play football and wrestle during his senior year, so he didn't wrestle during the summer season.

Still missing two guys(Grider at 189 and Chase Farrell at 112) and I  can't wait to see Baker v. Allen at 215.

Do you take into account how these guys will do at sectionals and regionals? Isn't the semistate bracket based off of that? If that is the case both Grider should have an easier bracket as he will more than likely take the Carroll Regional.

Still missing two guys(Grider at 189 and Chase Farrell at 112) and I  can't wait to see Baker v. Allen at 215.

Do you take into account how these guys will do at sectionals and regionals? Isn't the semistate bracket based off of that? If that is the case both Grider should have an easier bracket as he will more than likely take the Carroll Regional.

I think it is based on who is the best wrestler.  Doesn't matter which sectional or regional they are in.

I really don't see either of those two jumping ahead of anyone occupying the spots right now.  Even if Grider takes the Carroll Regional, doesn't mean he will have an easier bracket.  He would just have a 4th place finisher first, and then someone that took 2nd or 3rd. And no one knows the draw till after regionals is concluded, so he could fall into drawing someone from a lot tougher regional. The sectional and regional really doesn't have much to do with if someone should be ranked.  A kid may be a regional champ, but there could be another regional that could have 3 guys that could beat him.

Who has Chase Farrell or Grider beaten this year that is on the rankings?

I am not sure but they really haven't taken on anybody. Farrell is currently undefeated with all but two pins. Grider lost his two biggest matches to the Peru 189 and the Benton Central 189.

I understand that you can't judge anybody if they haven't wrestled anybody but both should take the SAC, Sectional, and place in the top 2 at regionals.

I really see either of those two jumping ahead of anyone occupying the spots right now.  Even if Grider takes the Carroll Regional, doesn't mean he will have an easier bracket.  He would just have a 4th place finisher first, and then someone that took 2nd or 3rd. And no one knows the draw till after regionals is concluded, so he could fall into drawing someone from a lot tougher regional. The sectional and regional really doesn't have much to do with if someone should be ranked.  A kid may be a regional champ, but there could be another regional that could have 3 guys that could beat him.

You do or you don't? Grider was in their two rankings ago but hasn't lost a match but still fell out. Doesn't make the most sense to me, but what do I know I am from the city.

Winning the SAC isn't what it used to be and being undefeated against that competition isn't either.  No way Farrell is as good as the top 8 there.  

1. Steven Ross, Concord- 11

State Placer

2. Steve Gonzales, Delta- 10

State Placer

3. Logan Randle, Huntington North- 11

Ticket Round last year

4. Devon Jackson- Yorktown, 9

Beat Gonzo

5. Travis Barroquillo, Prairie Heights- 10

State qualifier

6. Matt Miller, Northwestern- 11

State Qualifier

7. Andy Franklin, Homestead- 11

Ticket round

8. Jordan Gilbert, Whitko- 10

Ticket round

When your boy beats Andy Franklin, I will put him in the rankings.

As far as Grider goes, he hasn't beaten anyone in the rankings yet.  Trust me, these rankings are as good as they come.  

Winning the SAC isn't what it used to be and being undefeated against that competition isn't either.  No way Farrell is as good as the top 8 there.  

1. Steven Ross, Concord- 11

State Placer

2. Steve Gonzales, Delta- 10

State Placer

3. Logan Randle, Huntington North- 11

Ticket Round last year

4. Devon Jackson- Yorktown, 9

Beat Gonzo

5. Travis Barroquillo, Prairie Heights- 10

State qualifier

6. Matt Miller, Northwestern- 11

State Qualifier

7. Andy Franklin, Homestead- 11

Ticket round

8. Jordan Gilbert, Whitko- 10

Ticket round

When your boy beats Andy Franklin, I will put him in the rankings.

As far as Grider goes, he hasn't beaten anyone in the rankings yet.  Trust me, these rankings are as good as they come.  

Alright, we will see come February. That is all that counts right?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.