I have noticed Coach Brands has been catching quite a bit of criticism in media and comments sections of videos; especially after Michigan dual.  Some stating he isn’t getting max potential out of his wrestlers. Iowa practices too hard, etc, etc, various criticisms. You get the jist.  Question I have is who would Iowa replace Brands with if they believe he has fallen too far behind programs like PSU, OSU, Mich?

On 2/18/2024 at 12:14 PM, Beamaker said:

I have noticed Coach Brands has been catching quite a bit of criticism in media and comments sections of videos; especially after Michigan dual.  Some stating he isn’t getting max potential out of his wrestlers. Iowa practices too hard, etc, etc, various criticisms. You get the jist.  Question I have is who would Iowa replace Brands with if they believe he has fallen too far behind programs like PSU, OSU, Mich?

This talk goes every season. Easy to pick on the 2nd thru 4 or 5 rated teams in the county , when there is super club at the top. 
Every school not in the top 5 would give their little finger to have the problems Iowa has with coaching. 
Im really enjoying the close competition of the top 9 teams in the country this year. Maybe not soon but the Loins will fade , or have some downs like all schools. But to replace a top 4 or 5 coach is taking a major risk. 

I happen to agree with you! Brands is an elite coach. I don’t see a better option for Iowa faithful.  I’m sure it’s frustrating being so close year after year, even winning Big10, only to fall short at NCAAs.  Question becomes how does Brands get his program into a position to overtake a PSU or OSU program.

?

5 hours ago, Beamaker said:

I happen to agree with you! Brands is an elite coach. I don’t see a better option for Iowa faithful.  I’m sure it’s frustrating being so close year after year, even winning Big10, only to fall short at NCAAs.  Question becomes how does Brands get his program into a position to overtake a PSU or OSU program.

?

Keep doing what he’s doing. Ohio the same, Nebraska, the same. Why change when you are , year after year, top 3 or 4 in take country? Penn will have a slowdown, it always happens. Nobody says #1 forever 

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Keep doing what he’s doing. Ohio the same, Nebraska, the same. Why change when you are , year after year, top 3 or 4 in take country? Penn will have a slowdown, it always happens. Nobody says #1 forever 

Can the Iowa faithful be patient? Seems like a lot of the heat is coming from Hawkeye nation

Fans will be just that , fans. Programs that have a storied history like Iowa, of being at the top ,forget about how other schools not in the top 5 have it. Personally I like it when those elite teams are considered under dogs like the rest of us have it. It is humbling to say the least. And good for the sport. P state will have “theirs” eventually. As far as Iowa coaches being replaced? No good AD would even consider it at this point in time. 

On 2/23/2024 at 1:21 PM, Justdo^it135 said:

Iowa should not be moving on from Brands, but if they were they may not have to look too far..

image.png.f0db8d766559468b5bd2d7ee1bdb62ba.png

Metcalf is a bomb waiting to go off...... That is exactly what I thought about Brands too, so not exactly a longshot IF Iowa wanted a change. My money stays with Brands for now.