Evansville Semi State

11 hours ago, The Professor Morgan said:

Wasn’t that long again that New castle was eating its own.  #3 Brice Coleman WC beat #1 Cooper Noehre GFC at sectionals, lost at regionals and drew #2 Elliott Rodgers Cathedral in ticket round.  I could have the rankings off but they were 1/2/3

never heard of any of them.  paleolithic era?

12 hours ago, CoachFrepan said:

For what it’s worth, Tommy Gibbs is a homegrown Brownsburg kid and is not interested in complaining about any “bad draw.”  

Tommy is an absolute stud and a great kid to boot.

I can promise you one thing, Mr. May wanted any draw but Tommy.

Be the bad draw!

23 hours ago, 84Coach said:

Tommy is an absolute stud and a great kid to boot.

I can promise you one thing, Mr. May wanted any draw but Tommy.

Be the bad draw!

This matchup as well as the Henderson-Haines matchup are the perfect examples to debunk the "be the bad draw" myth. All 4 of those guys are bad draws.

A bad draw is not about one competitor. It's about 2 kids who both would likely move on if the tournament was conducted properly - with wrestlebacks.

1 minute ago, SIACfan said:

This matchup as well as the Henderson-Haines matchup are the perfect examples to debunk the "be the bad draw" myth. All 4 of those guys are bad draws.

A bad draw is not about one competitor. It's about 2 kids who both would likely move on if the tournament was conducted properly - with wrestlebacks.

The Regional Champ is really the one that gets the bad draw.   Your reward for winning regional?  A top 5 wrestler...