SIAC Non-Preview, Observations and Questions

1.  Did Jasper wrestle MD this year?  If so, what was the score?

2.  North is on the rise.  Coach Hewig has installed tough wrestling for the Huskies

3.  106 final should be interesting

4.  No fireworks from 113-126

5.  MD's 19-10 sophomore, Grant Voelker gets top seed at 132.  That MD schedule has paid dividends.  Waiting in the final is Reitz's 30-3 Colton Pfettscher.  Who do you like?

6.  Memorial's Landon Horning is the Tigers' lone top seed.  Does Cam Baumann have any tricks up the sleeves of his singlet?

7,  MD's Tyler Vanover gets the top seed,  North's 29-0, Cale Bonenberger is the two seed.  This could be a good one!

8,  157 is wide open.  Four grapplers are capable of taking home the gold.

9.  175--while not wide open--is ripe for an upset,...or two

10.  Undefeated Big 'Un From Bosse (UBUFB), Mikel Green draws a top seed for the 'Dogs for the first since?  Since?  Bueller?  Bueller? i am going to guess at least 25 years,  Donald Roberts, if you follow this board, please chime in.  I have no idea who/what Green has faced.  Gimme some intel here.

Bold prediction number one-  MD takes home the team title.

Who gets second?  It looks like a horse race between North, Reitz and Jasper.

Bold prediction number two-  Castle will be an excellent host and provide baked potatoes as big as your head.

Bold prediction number three-  Todd Foxxx,  You know who you are.

*If I see UBUFB on a shirt or hat, you will hear from my attorney.

Edited by hook and half

Bosse heavyweight hasn’t wrestled anyone good yet. Very good for first year wrestler. He has one move headlock throw a good one but when he gets someone who knows what they are doing he will get beat.

Edited by JC123

3 hours ago, JC123 said:

Bosse heavyweight hasn’t wrestled anyone good yet. Very good for first year wrestler. He has one move headlock throw a good one but when he gets someone who knows what they are doing he will get beat.

I don’t know their entire schedule, but I do know that Green from Bosse has beaten 3 returning regional qualifiers, 2 of which who qualified and wrestled at freshmen/sophomore state last year. I’m not saying they are great by any means, but I would say those kids know what they are doing.

1 hour ago, coachtpc said:

I don’t know their entire schedule, but I do know that Green from Bosse has beaten 3 returning regional qualifiers, 2 of which who qualified and wrestled at freshmen/sophomore state last year. I’m not saying they are great by any means, but I would say those kids know what they are doing.

They might be ok he just hasn’t wrestled anybody very good and strong yet he will do good at Siac might even win. But following week he will get beat by heritage hills 100%. And I think nordoff from jasper and Cox from Castle can beat him. He is awesome for first year wrestler. But their schedule is not good.I should also say he is super strong and it’s awesome he is undefeated this far.

Edited by JC123

On 1/18/2024 at 12:24 PM, JC123 said:

They might be ok he just hasn’t wrestled anybody very good and strong yet he will do good at Siac might even win. But following week he will get beat by heritage hills 100%. And I think nordoff from jasper and Cox from Castle can beat him. He is awesome for first year wrestler. But their schedule is not good.I should also say he is super strong and it’s awesome he is undefeated this far.

Called that...

What a dogfight for second!  Really impressed with the Huskies.  North is the second-largest school in SW Indiana.  If they can keep their coach and build a feeder, they will be a powerhouse!  North had a few dual meet losses.  They will be strong--at minimum--in the sectional and regional.

Any insight with with Central, Memorial and Castle?

4 hours ago, hook and half said:

What a dogfight for second!  Really impressed with the Huskies.  North is the second-largest school in SW Indiana.  If they can keep their coach and build a feeder, they will be a powerhouse!  North had a few dual meet losses.  They will be strong--at minimum--in the sectional and regional.

I also like what Jasper is doing, they have a lot of guys coming back. 

4 hours ago, hook and half said:

Castle started with 30 wrestlers.  Through attrition and injuries they are down to 16-17.  They had a skin issue outbreak and I believe were forfeiting 4-5 weights today.  Bad timing for conference week. 

15 hours ago, awill0352 said:

Castle started with 30 wrestlers.  Through attrition and injuries they are down to 16-17.  They had a skin issue outbreak and I believe were forfeiting 4-5 weights today.  Bad timing for conference week. 

i hate that.  i have heard it is Harmon's last season.  it would be nice for him to have a strong finish.

Bob has contributed a lot to SW IN wrestling

Edited by hook and half

Loooong time ago, I'm wrestling in a freestyle tournament (off season) I am paired with a VERY formidable opponent from Castle. We shake hands and I see this huge ringworm sore on his forearm. I was so focused in that ringworm I didn't even hear the whistle blow. Match was over in a minute or less! Regardless of ringworm or not that dude was tough, had I not seen the ringworm, I might have lasted till the end of the period. 

I will not say the name of my opponent because A: Ringworm is not fun, and B: It's not like I never had it. Really does suck that we as a wrestling community have to deal with that stuff.