Ironman Updates

Y2CJ41

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Are you a little butthurt that I spoke the truth? The tournament added 100 wrestlers, that cannot be disputed. The depth was increased when you add 8 tough wrestlers to each weight class.

Tell me, has CP regressed as a whole or was the tournament tougher this year.

image.png

Y2 has a good point.   In this tournament, teams only send top notch wrestlers.  If you're not ranked in your state, you don't step on this mat.   These 8 additional guys per weight are state caliber with few exceptions.    It went from deep, to the bottom of the ocean.     

But looking at the results, how good is Wyoming Seminary?  They put 7 guys in the finals and placed 9.   They're so elite, the additional depth didn't make them flinch.  This is one of the best results in the history of tournament.   With the depth in this tournament at its highest,  Wyoming Seminary has to be one of the best teams in high school history.    They make some IMO  some  of the best teams in Indiana history, look very mortal.  I guess that quote "there's always somebody better", rings true.

With that said, Indiana with 3 teams in top 20 is exceptional.    This almost guarantees a top 50 ranking for each team in Flowrestling, Intermat, Track Wrestling Etc.  We normally dont get 3.  

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

12 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Y2 has a good point.   In this tournament, teams only send top notch wrestlers.  If you're not ranked in your state, you don't step on this mat.   These 8 additional guys per weight are state caliber with few exceptions.    It went from deep, to the bottom of the ocean.     

But looking at the results, how good is Wyoming Seminary?  They put 7 guys in the finals and placed 9.   They're so elite, the additional depth didn't make them flinch.  This is one of the best results in the history of tournament.   With the depth in this tournament at its highest,  Wyoming Seminary has to be one of the best teams in high school history.    They make some IMO  some  of the best teams in Indiana history, look very mortal.  I guess that quote "there's always somebody better", rings true.

With that said, Indiana with 3 teams in top 20 is exceptional.    This almost guarantees a top 50 ranking for each team in Flowrestling, Intermat, Track Wrestling Etc.  We normally dont get 3.  

It is a good argument for sure. 

Crown Point had the 2nd most placers as a team at the Ironman behind Blair in 2022. That will be really hard to replicate going forward.