IHSGW Will Utilize NFHS Rules

Y2CJ41

3 minutes ago, Matt Time said:

For clarity . . . which rule or rules? 

I know that New York recently approved Freestyle as the girl's wrestling style in HS, which aligns with the women's college style.  I'd say that could be a good guess for the murmurs.

24 minutes ago, Matt Time said:

For clarity . . . which rule or rules? 

All of the rules for the boys will be used for girls, there will be no difference.

USAW implemented a change and some of the officials and coaches were under the impression that it would apply to NFHS and Indiana, but it does not.

15 hours ago, tangarrray said:

I thought it was a varsity event. 

Call Faulkens if you have issues about how tournaments are run. Most of the events I have seen for the girls have been block weights, so either they have permission or they don't care and it puts the full sanctioning of the sport in jeopardy.

25 minutes ago, Galagore said:

Hopefully they let the ladies continue blocking weights. The small teams need that to keep interest and build programs. As for the men, without a middle and bottom, the sport will not be able to sustain itself.

There are pool/bracket configurations that each athlete can get 5 matches such as something similar to what they do at the Traicoff or Westfield for team duals. This can be done for weights with a varying number of athletes.

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Call Faulkens if you have issues about how tournaments are run. Most of the events I have seen for the girls have been block weights, so either they have permission or they don't care and it puts the full sanctioning of the sport in jeopardy.

I know that Faulkens gave permission for block weights to be used for the girls event at Southport on Nov 25th.