State Finals Viewing News

Lawdiggity

In case you haven’t seen, just a heads up that it was announced today that the IHSAA State Finals for the vast majority of sports (including wrestling) won’t be broadcast on TV (cable) anymore. They will be available behind a pay wall to be streamed.  IHSAA site has more details. Bummer. I always enjoyed going in person but setting my DVR to record while I was downtown so we could rewatch at home.

That's unfortunate, but not surprising with the recent issues with Bally Sports and being bought out/filing for bankruptcy.

Here is the article from the IHSAA site.

https://www.ihsaa.org/media/news/all-2023-24-state-finals-stream-exclusively-ihsaa-champions-network-presented-indiana

7 hours ago, alee1022 said:

Maybe Indianamat can live stream it from there social media page for free for those that wont and cant attend. Sounds like a simple solution and can be kept in Archives for now and have a page for everyone to go back and watch whenever. 

Not sure Y2 wants that legal situation.  It maybe accessible (at least afterward) through some FloWrestling/TrackWrestling agreement though.  

18 hours ago, MattM said:

Not sure Y2 wants that legal situation.  It maybe accessible (at least afterward) through some FloWrestling/TrackWrestling agreement though.  

As of right now, it is still going to be streamed through Flo and will be archived as usual.