Iu At Michigan State Friday

So indiana ain’t going to be classified as a mid conference tier? If sparty beats us. Michigan state only won a single dual in the big this season so far. 
I guess back to the bottom feeder status. Unless we win this match. I say we are going to win. 

3 hours ago, Disco said:

So indiana ain’t going to be classified as a mid conference tier? If sparty beats us. Michigan state only won a single dual in the big this season so far. 
I guess back to the bottom feeder status. Unless we win this match. I say we are going to win. 

IU is improving. Be nice if IU could keep top talent. But Angel is doing his best with what doesn't stray.

I'm just being realistic, I wish I were wrong but, let's face it, outside Maryland, iU hasn't developed national caliber athletes since Mike Mena was an assistant.

I can agree with you on this. The Mena situation on Duane Goldmans staff sure was odd. Mena seemed to be able to reel in and develop talent, unlike anyone else in the later stages of the Goldman era. And I thought, at the time,the logical replacement for Duane going forward in the program. We all know what happened to the program. But unsure as to why Mike Mena left. I know he was training for an Olympic run, but seems he just disappeared into thin air. Similar to Soriano ,the onetime Northwestern coach.  Water under the bridge. I would like to see another like Mena, on staff, to work on the recruit and develop side and generate higher talented incoming wrestlers. I think it’s starting to sink in with Angel. He’s had to train while on the job, per se.Slow process. 

Disco not sure how you can’t consider Indiana a mid tier team in this conference at this point whether they lose to MSU or not. They have 3 big ten wins and defeated Rutgers who has been considered a mid tier program. I would venture to say this is the toughest the big ten has been top to bottom in a long time if ever. The bottom teams in the Big Ten  can beat 80 percent of teams in other conferences. Given where IU has been in the past decade I’m enjoying this ride and I’m hoping Purdue can turn things around! MSU is a bad match up for IU in my opinion. 

IU.       MSU

125-                     3

133-                     3

141-   3

149-   3

157-   3

165-                     4

174-3 

184-                      4

197-                       3

285- 3

I got 17 -15 MSU. IU has to have Gilcher win against Saldate which he did last time but Saldate has been red hot. If IU can get a win from Moran or a big fall from Washington then I could see them pulling it out. 

Edited by bigballerb

I think Bullock has a shot at grabbing 6 points. Gilcher getting saldate again will validate the he last match they had. Saldate will be on the war path to protect seed. That’s if he even wrestles. May want to save for the conference tournament. Or if Indiana could pull the 125lb match out, I’m thinking W