Iran wrestling news

On 10/21/2023 at 8:37 AM, The Genius said:

Yep. UWW don't care about their host (Albania) refuses to issue visas to Iranian wrestlers on purely political grounds, even though they went to great lengths to ensure Russian athletes could compete. 

The UWW is corrupt and politicised beyond belief. 

Politicians and politics will always be part of world competitions in sports. Always has. And will continue, like it or not. Some countries refuse to be nice to each other. 

30 minutes ago, Disco said:

Politicians and politics will always be part of world competitions in sports. Always has. And will continue, like it or not. Some countries refuse to be nice to each other. 

I think you missed the key point.  Yes, many countries refuse to issue visas to citizens of other countries.

UWW is obligated to picks hosts that will not refuse visas to citizens of counties.

Iran had not been given the opportunity to host a world championship, because it refused to grant visas to Israelis athletes.  I personally agree with the UWW’s decison not to grant the hosting roles because of that.

it is really pretty simple, you want to host a championship?  Great, you yoi have to give visas to all participants.

UWW should have never let Albania host the championship.

I think counties like Japan, Canada, New Zealand, and most western and Northern European countries are far better choices.

UWW does not really concern itself with much beyond it's own interests...

did UWW care that switching form Poland to Jordan cost every federation 3k+ per athlete to reschedule?

not so much...

did UWW care when Jordan tried to kill half the competitors at U20 with food poisonings?

not so much...

but...

that is the way of the world...

which is the real point...

complaining about inconveniences when others have real problems is the part that i take issue with...

On 10/28/2023 at 9:52 PM, Irani said:

I think you missed the key point.  Yes, many countries refuse to issue visas to citizens of other countries.

UWW is obligated to picks hosts that will not refuse visas to citizens of counties.

Iran had not been given the opportunity to host a world championship, because it refused to grant visas to Israelis athletes.  I personally agree with the UWW’s decison not to grant the hosting roles because of that.

it is really pretty simple, you want to host a championship?  Great, you yoi have to give visas to all participants.

UWW should have never let Albania host the championship.

I think counties like Japan, Canada, New Zealand, and most western and Northern European countries are far better choices.

I’m not so sure UWW is obligated to insure that selected hosts give visa’s to citizens of other countries. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2023 at 2:57 AM, Disco said:

I’m not so sure UWW is obligated to insure that selected hosts give visa’s to citizens of other countries. 

Why do you not think they are not obligated to do so? It’s like saying I don’t think a doctor is obligated to ensure the medication he or she is prescribing is safe and effective for his patient. She or he does this by doing their due diligence ensuring that the medicine is the correct one for the diagnosis and no contraindications such as an allergy is present . In the same fashion UWW when laying on an international tournament has to ensure there are no predictable impediments to attendance by the key participants and visas being one of these key factors. If they fail in their ensuring this they have failed in performing the task.

21 hours ago, VoriaGhafouri said:

Why do you not think they are not obligated to do so? It’s like saying I don’t think a doctor is obligated to ensure the medication he or she is prescribing is safe and effective for his patient. She or he does this by doing their due diligence ensuring that the medicine is the correct one for the diagnosis and no contraindications such as an allergy is present . In the same fashion UWW when laying on an international tournament has to ensure there are no predictable impediments to attendance by the key participants and visas being one of these key factors. If they fail in their ensuring this they have failed in performing the task.

How many years in advance do they ,UWW,select a country to host? 

On 11/26/2023 at 7:40 AM, VoriaGhafouri said:

How long in advance does a chef get his ingredients?

Political stances are constantly changing worldwide, UWW shouldn’t police world politics. If a country is selected , plans are made by participants , if an impediment, as you say arises in the mean time , look at the expenses and havoc caused by last minute change. No , not even ,cherry picking these locations is going to prevent world political problems between countries.