Iran wrestling news

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Please forgive my ignorance here - Does Iran not field a women's team at all, ever?

Iran fields women in martial arts where they can come up with Islamic approved attire.  The fitting wrestling singlets do not pass their test.

if a new form of government comes in, this may change

Just now, Irani said:

Iran fields women in martial arts where they can come up with Islamic approved attire.  The fitting wrestling singlets do not pass their test.

if a new form of government comes in, this may change

Do women train it at high levels domestically?

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Do women train it at high levels domestically?

Not in wrestling.  They have had success in Tae Kwan do, and Wushu 

Little Yaz sister also is a world champion in some kind of wrestling. https://ifpnews.com/world-wrestling-body-praises-iranian-female-wrestler/#

Of course Afsoon Johnson was initially trained by her Iranian father before becoming a world medalist for the US

Edited by Irani

49 minutes ago, kkiane said:

4 Israelis in freestyle, why must tournaments be land mines?

I hope someday soon, Iran will stop this policy, and we will go back to the days before 1979, where are wrestlers were allowed to pin Israelis left and right

Just now, Irani said:

I hope someday soon, Iran will stop this policy, and we will go back to the days before 1979, where are wrestlers were allowed to pin Israelis left and right

That Israeli that Arami forfeited to just won bronze without winning a match properly 

2 minutes ago, kkiane said:

That Israeli that Arami forfeited to just won bronze without winning a match properly 

that gut in the bronze medal match was definitely proper...

but...

i get the frustration...

1 minute ago, kkiane said:

Apparently Israeli went 11-7 up and Georgian was injured 

Jeez. Georgia was just rag dolling him around in that first par terre. Gotta watch that back again.

Edited by Amir.Sol

1 hour ago, LJB said:

oh look...

Flo is doing commentating on the womens semis...

nothing for greco, which, was probably for the best... listening to the few times they try to commentate on greco makes me want to stab my eyes out...

I wish they would educate themselves in the most popular style.

When they do call greco it gets embarrassing.  Hearing them complain about how Greco is scored and comparing it to Freestyle scoring sequences is downright disrespectful.

28 minutes ago, Irani said:

For Iran to win the team champion, with one wrestler short, is pretty impressive

A few years ago, pre-rona, some of you guys were clamoring on about how good and deep you were in your U20 ranks.  To the point that many of the rest of us non-Irani over on TheMat were also on board and excited. 

I believe one of your fellow countrymen is who brought us back down to earth and told us that U20 success hadn't really translated well for you guys (yet).

It seems you now have considerable depth all the way down the age groups, even through U20 still.  It is nice to see.

8 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I wish they would educate themselves in the most popular style.

When they do call greco it gets embarrassing.  Hearing them complain about how Greco is scored and comparing it to Freestyle scoring sequences is downright disrespectful.

it is less their fault and more a function on this country being scared of greco and giving it no consideration at all...

hancock is a perfect example... he "retires" a month before worlds because he was offered a pittance from WWE... he was clearly tired of receiving absolutely no support from this country...

no support from the fans... and more importantly no support from USAW...

Flo is just a symptom of the overall sickness...