Iran wrestling news

11 minutes ago, Amir.Sol said:

What'd you think of Joel Adams? Is he sticking to Greco? Him, Amos and Schultz could be a good trio in the future.

adams is a stud... what he did to manville at trials was eye opening, but...

he is still doing the stall fest, so, he will not be a factor going forward...

Amos is a non factor in greco...

Schultz is a behemoth, but, he is not getting any good looks in country and i don't think he is very happy with his training situation specifically for greco... he can not find training partners... no one can handle him for more than a day domestically... 

that is what this country faces in greco... my youngest is 100% greco and we have a hard time finding daily partners... there are very few his age doing greco full time... none of the old guys (his coaches) can do more than one day a week with him... it is just too much physically...

i used to be very against the trite narrative that our coaches do not have the correct technique... 

i felt like that was just an easy excuse...

i have changed my tune in the last year...

Joe Warren is 100% in the game again and what he is showing is actual greco that will work outside of this country... my younger is 100% bought into him... trying to get my oldest to buy in as well... he is up at NMU and loves the environment and they have done a lot for him in the maturation process, but, i am a little skeptical of how they are training up there...

ivanov's nephew is in there... 

i have no clue about his wrestling, but, i saw pics of where he trains in blugaria... the U20 guys were there for a week before their tourney...

beautiful place...

Ok Mohmadi just got royally screwed by the refs. That Turk should've been hit with there different cautions for running away! Mohmadi started too late too, didn't see a single underhook till the final minute. 

Also missed the match but Mokhtari teched his first opponent in the repechage. Good start for him. Yousefi also won in the repechage and is in the bronze medal match.

Edited by Amir.Sol

1 minute ago, kkiane said:

He’s the strangest wrestler because I don’t really think he’s very good

I think he has to go with the Datunashvili route. He kind of did it here. Relax in the first period. Do par terre defense first. Then push hard in the second and win from par terre in the second. He's going to have to win a lot of 1-1 or 3-1 matches because he doesn't do much from standing.

Kamal freaking does it again lol! Another pin of a turn from an Iranian wrestler. Slowly becoming the odikadze of Greco. Arami had a really unfortunate leg foul early.

Also Mokhtari had another good win. Much better energy today, where was this against Amoyan? Now he's battling for bronze.

1 minute ago, Amir.Sol said:

Kamal freaking does it again lol! Another pin of a turn from an Iranian wrestler. Slowly becoming the odikadze of Greco. Arami had a really unfortunate leg foul early.

Also Mokhtari had another good win. Much better energy today, where was this against Amoyan? Now he's battling for bronze.

I reckon if there was no leg foul he could tech him right then and there 

4 minutes ago, Amir.Sol said:

Unfortunately the Israeli at 60 won so Arami won't even get a chance to wrestle tomorrow even if he gets pulled back in... Arami will have to eat a lot of tapas tonight to end of 300 grams overweight!

Who knows maybe he’ll give the Israeli a go

Excellent job by Abdi. Held his ground the entire match. Unfortunately the gauntlet continues for him with Gurbanov in the next round. Hope he didn't tire himself out.

9 minutes ago, kkiane said:

Who knows maybe he’ll give the Israeli a go

I wish :(

Abedidarzi is teched in the first period. Going back the to par terre after that leg foul is the right call, but just a real sucky one. Oh well I doubt he was coming back after that 4 point throw anyway. 

Also the Turk that beat Mohmadi loses his very next round. Mohmadi does go 0-1 after getting that match stolen from him.

5 hours ago, kkiane said:

Really disagree with the way the Mohmadipiani match was reffed

i just went and watched that match...

im sitting through the whole match thinking this is fine... i could see a correct throw in the first, but, nothing egregious...

then the last 5 seconds...

that was bad...