Are Coolers allowed at New Castle?

Perry4life

They always have been, but, I saw a twitter post form a school's athletic department saying no coolers, outside food or drink or lawn chairs. So not sure, but if true, they better ramp things up and open all the stands up and be ready. 

Glad I didn't go. Heard this was true for the first time. No outside food or drinks. Only 1 concession stand open and very long line & wait time. You gotta be kiddin', Use to have more than that open when you could bring in coolers. Was this an IHSAA or NC decision? SS is a very long day and the family & fans deserve better. 

They had signs on the outside doors saying no coolers and no outside food or drink but that was completely ignored when I went in. I didn't have a cooler but plenty of others did and nobody said a word. Some of these coolers were huge. I took in a bag of food with no issue.

During the day security was going around letting people know that the coolers couldn't be kept on the top walkway and needed to be moved into the stands. No mention that they weren't allowed.

There were two concession stands open on opposite corners of the fieldhouse. Not sure if they both opened at the same time in the morning but there was a second one.

48 minutes ago, lewisnc100 said:

They had signs on the outside doors saying no coolers and no outside food or drink but that was completely ignored when I went in. I didn't have a cooler but plenty of others did and nobody said a word. Some of these coolers were huge. I took in a bag of food with no issue.

During the day security was going around letting people know that the coolers couldn't be kept on the top walkway and needed to be moved into the stands. No mention that they weren't allowed.

There were two concession stands open on opposite corners of the fieldhouse. Not sure if they both opened at the same time in the morning but there was a second one.

Once my mullet walked in(yes the mullet actually got a seat before I even got a ticket) they knew all hope on upholding the rules was a  ice skating up hill battle and waved the white flag cuz nothing s COOLER than mullet that made it through the ticket round in tact attached to old cubby coach or studs actually competing, js.

Hell I seen so many sweet mullets, besides my own  Louisiana Love Locks(need to trademark that one)... Carmel's HW iirc had a sweet curly Indiana neck bandana (another TM needed(

IMHO There's othing better than hearing the numerous folks say "Did you see the guy on that mullet?"  Or something like that lol

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

4 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I went up to UC coach after your bros first round win and mistook him for you😂 he pointed up and says"Nope he's up there" 

I could see that you would think he is me, he kinda looks like my brother size wise. But my brother is 120, Im like 230 waking up in the morning lol 

4 hours ago, gsmith58 said:

I won't speak for others, but I didn't experience anything different from previous years. People were walking right through with coolers and bags. No one said a word.

The concession lines were a bit long, but the longest I waited was perhaps 3 minutes. 

I was in line for about 20 minutes, I was really hungry....

I dont think they were strict at all for semistate, on the offseason they hosted Midwest nationals and you couldnt even bring in a energy drink. 

2 hours ago, Wrestlingfan937 said:

Lawn chairs at the top are next level. 

Level 1 leaning on the bleachers behind ( Pesent) 

Level 2 having a bleacher chair ( Boss)

Level 3 bringing a lawn chair ( Luxury ) 

Lol this off season we 100% getting together for some work.

8 hours ago, lewisnc100 said:

Where was the second concession stand?  If it did open, it was only open for a short period of time.  Earlier in the day, the line wrapped half way around the track.  

Second concession stand was at the southwest corner with the line stretching back across the front of the restrooms. I didn't notice that one initially until my daughter pointed it out. I don't believe they've used that location the last couple years.

I was happy to see the line shrink soon after lunchtime but it was because they ran out of most items, just popcorn and hotdogs left.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.