Toughest regional this year?

Jayruss

1 minute ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Coughlin and Mauer WERE until Nick... Coughlin beat Tsirtsis in FS too back then when he was thought to be untouchable... He was unreal though, closest thing was seeing him getting rode for whole period by Joe Schrock iirc..

I personally gave Coughlin the slight edge over Blake, but that’s just one man’s opinion and that I didn’t know. I remember Weinzapfel throwing shirts to his back and giving him his biggest scare in his high school career, but didn’t realize Cough got him in FS!

8 minutes ago, Jayruss said:

I personally gave Coughlin the slight edge over Blake, but that’s just one man’s opinion and that I didn’t know. I remember Weinzapfel throwing shirts to his back and giving him his biggest scare in his high school career, but didn’t realize Cough got him in FS!

Yessir, my old memory bank  just spewed out that detail I just remembered... Coughlin was one of best the states ever seen... He beat Jerry Gordon in 04 in qtrs on his first title run , Gordon had beaten me in a war the year before in the ticket round.. Coughin was one of those guys that could pull out a bit move anytime he needed and very very technical.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Crown Point regional IMO has 5 or 6 potential state champions, and has 29 state ranked wrestlers in it. Maybe not as many ranked wrestlers as Mooresville, but this regional has 3 #1 ranked wrestlers, as opposed to Mooresville, which has two. Mooresville does have 7 top 3 ranked wrestlers, as opposed to Crown Point with 6 top 3 ranked wrestlers. I think that maybe Mooresville has the edge this year for being the hardest regional, especially with a state ranked matchup happening round one I believe, but the Crown Point regional at the end of the state tournament might potentially produce more champs. It's crazy to think that possibly half of the state champs this year (and maybe even more than that) might come from these two regionals alone.

4 minutes ago, TysonNisley said:

Crown Point regional IMO has 5 or 6 potential state champions, and has 29 state ranked wrestlers in it. Maybe not as many ranked wrestlers as Mooresville, but this regional has 3 #1 ranked wrestlers, as opposed to Mooresville, which has two. Mooresville does have 7 top 3 ranked wrestlers, as opposed to Crown Point with 6 top 3 ranked wrestlers. I think that maybe Mooresville has the edge this year for being the hardest regional, especially with a state ranked matchup happening round one I believe, but the Crown Point regional at the end of the state tournament might potentially produce more champs. It's crazy to think that possibly half of the state champs this year (and maybe even more than that) might come from these two regionals alone.

I think they have 7 possible champs 

3 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

I think they have 7 possible champs 

Hmm 

let’s see here 

obvious ones 

Lemley

Mendez

Bates 

after that 

Frazier (don’t think he can beat lemley )

Goodwin (he’s close )

estrada ? 
Torres or JR ? 
Whitenack 

Bahl ? 

59 minutes ago, Bigyusm said:

Hmm 

let’s see here 

obvious ones 

Lemley

Mendez

Bates 

after that 

Frazier (don’t think he can beat lemley )

Goodwin (he’s close )

estrada ? 
Torres or JR ? 
Whitenack 

Bahl ? 

Cruz at 160 would also be in the running as 160 is very competitive and close if someone catches fire. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.