Northern Indiana Conference Tournament 1/16

crosstownrivals

With the addition of Bremen, Jimtown, John Glenn, and New Prairie we are up to 13 Teams. Should be a great day of wrestling with 14 Ranked guys.

106-

#5 Kory Cavanaugh-Penn

#7 FW SS- Hunter Watts- Jimtown

113-

#8 Austin Slates- Penn

#5 FW SS- Hunter Whitman- Jimtown

120-

#1 Drew Hildebrandt-Penn

126-

#12 Ryan Hardesty- Mishawaka

#7 EC SS- Ryan Varner- Penn

#8 EC SS- Bryton Goering- SB Riley

132-

#5 EC SS Preston Risner- Mishawaka

#5 EC SS Rishod Cotton- SB Clay

145- Very Interesting Weight Class

#8 Kenny Kerrn- Jimtown

#9 Cameron Beam- Penn

#10- Austin Laughlin- SB Riley

#4 FW SS- Jamaal Scott- Elkhart Central

152- Very interesting as well

#7- Denzyl Prentice- Penn

#11- Kassius Breahitt- SB Riley

#12- Tavris Evans- SB Adams

160-

#8 Jarod Swank- Penn

#10 Tavonte Malone- SB Adams

170-

#6 Tristan Goering- SB Riley

#8 FW SS Tykease Baker- Elkhart Central

182-

#3 EC SS Mason Cao- SB Clay

#5 EC SS Austin Faulkner- Mishawaka

195-

#5 EC SS Cedrick Vakalahi- Penn

220-

#1 Kobe Woods- Penn

285-

#6 EC SS Will Vakalahi- Penn

#7 EC SS Isaiah McWilliams

I may have missed a few. Could not get an accurate SS reading from Ft. Wayne since they have not been updated since 12/23
I know Coach Kerrn has his kids on a roll right now. 

After reviewing the video on The Cube, I could see Varner's extended leg hook Hardesty's ankle briefly, putting hyperextensive pressure on the knee.  Good call by the ref, although I'm sure Varner didn't know what he had done.  A brief explanation to the wrestlers after the first call could have possibly prevented the second call and putting Hardesty in a potentially dangerous position again. 

There were a couple very close calls at the end of periods, several of which determined the result of the match.  I know in tournaments there is frequently someone hitting the ref with a towel when time is up.  With three mats going on it may be advantageous to do this even in the finals.  I assume that the assistant ref is counting out the time but I could see some advantage in feeling as well as hearing the end of the period.  Frequently it is at these very times that the crowd noise is the loudest.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.