120 Hatch Warsaw

126 Ponsler Wawasee

138 Byler Goshen

145 Vaughn Elkhart Memorial

170 Ritchie Elkhart Memorial

182 Eli Elkhart Memorial

195 Lefree Plymouth

220 Summers Elkhart Memorial

Need to do some more investigation on the blank ones........can't recall who beat who at the moment......

you could be the # 1 ranked wrestler in the nation but if you missed some conference matches due to say injury, you would (probably) end up somewhere back in the pack because you didn't accumulate as many points as someone who wrestled all the matches at that weight, even if they had a loss to the # 1........

you could be the # 1 ranked wrestler in the nation but if you missed some conference matches due to say injury, you would (probably) end up somewhere back in the pack because you didn't accumulate as many points as someone who wrestled all the matches at that weight, even if they had a loss to the # 1........

So if you we're undefeated on the year and missed that one conference dual tournament due to injury or illness like you said, you wouldn't get seeded?? What kind of backwoods math is that?  That has a chance of doing more harm than good.  Someone that should be a #2 seed could get the #1 seed, and the wrestler that is undefeated and should get the #1 seed could get unseeded and draw into the #1 seed.  That could really put the screws on a kid.  

So if you we're undefeated on the year and missed that one conference dual tournament due to injury or illness like you said, you wouldn't get seeded?? What kind of backwoods math is that?  That has a chance of doing more harm than good.  Someone that should be a #2 seed could get the #1 seed, and the wrestler that is undefeated and should get the #1 seed could get unseeded and draw into the #1 seed.  That could really put the screws on a kid.  

I could be wrong but I have heard that the NLC adopted this method because of long and contentious seeding meetings.  I 

I could be wrong but I have heard that the NLC adopted this method because of long and contentious seeding meetings.  I 

I guess each conference should be able to do what they want it just seems a little silly.  I hope it doesn't catch on at any sectionals because it could end someone's career.

lol.......you are correct in that there have been some long ones......and yes troll that's how it is - you get points for each match you wrestle.......i believe the margin of victory, win or lose, which weight you were at, etc all play into the point total.......so it's not that you don't get seeded, you just may not have enough points to get the #1 seed.......sectional s is coming up though at elkhart memorial and that is seeded like the most of the rest so i'm sure we will get another long drawn out affair.......lol

Missing one dual doesn't do that, but basically you get a point for winning a match at that weight in the conference dual. Wrestler with the most points is the #1 seed, 2nd most points 2nd seed, etc.

In your case it might happen that 1 and 2 are switched if you miss one dual.

if i'm not mistaken, wrestling at a different weight also effects seeding points.......say you wrestled half the duals at 106 and the other half at 113 but won them all.......then you go 106 for the NLC championship.......i believe you still get points for the 113 wins but not as many?........i'm sure someone on here knows the correct answer....... 

It's always been wacky like this.  When I graduated in the mid-90s, you had to have at least 4 conference matches in the weight class you were entering to even be considered.  I had moved down a weight, Jason Carr had just moved from Warsaw to Wawasee, and another state-caliber kid had been hurt all year till then.  None of us could be seeded, so we all got put in the same half and I ended up wrestling Northwood's part-time varsity freshman in the championship.  It's a little silly.

106 Diemen Northwood

113 DeVault Plymouth

120 Hatch Warsaw

126 Ponsler Wawasee

132 Sollis Plymouth

138 Byler Goshen

145 Vaughn Elkhart Memorial

152 Griffin Northwood

160 Mathiak Elkhart Memorial

170 Ritchie Elkhart Memorial

182 Eli Elkhart Memorial

195 Lefree Plymouth

220 Summers Elkhart Memorial

285 Milton Plymouth

Memorial wins team title by 20 + points

I don't think that would have made a difference.  I don't think Mullins or Carrington could be Hatch.  Then wrestling back they would had Northwood kid, and if they beat him they would have had the Goshen kid that got 3rd.  So at best maybe one more win and that would not have made up the point difference.  It sucks we also have 2 kids out at 170 and 182 with concussions that hurt us as well, but that's what we had to work with that day.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.