Logansport regional predictions

ontherise219

On the Rise.  Heres my take.

103-MCcarthy (BC), Randall (WL) Anderson (Jeff) Webb (RC)  Couple of good freshman in this class

113 Miller (Jeff), Ball (NW), Zaldivar (Delphi), Johnson (Log), also contending Coates (Harr)-  Miller is experienced wrestler and clear favorite with good shot at state.

120 Grimes (Jeff)  Brown (Harrison), Quasenbarth (NW), Watson (Del)-   Should be tight

126 Wade (Harrison), McGreevey (Jeff)  Bushong (WC) Dominguez(logan)-  All pretty close,  Wade has looked good.

132 Strawsma (BC), Jones (Jeff), Alvarez (Harrison), Mcilvain (WC)-  Strawsma looking strong with nice shot at state  Jones and Alvarez have split so far

138 Lukaszka (BC), Carden (Cass), Widner (TL), Mcilvain (WC)- Not sure what weight Widner is going but likeley here.  Tough weight

145 Shrock (Logan), Grammer (Jeff), Pullins (Harrison),   Adams (WL),  Easterday (Ross)  Another tough weight,  Not sure if Easterday has been healthy or at 145

152 Armuth (Harrison), Hart (Delphi), Carden (Cass), Mayhew WC-  Armuth is heavy favorite here.

160 Fritz (WC), Pusey (WL),  Haywood (Harrison), Adkins (Jeff)-  Fritz looking strong here,  If Mote of Delphi goes 160 which I heard might happen,  bump him to favorite.

170-Mote (Delphi), Mathis (Harrison), Bowling (Cass), Pruitt (Frontier), Also contenders Skomp (Jeff)  and Owens (WC).  Mote might be at 160.  But Deep class

182- Wright (Harrison), Garpow (Winnemac) Gary (West Laf), Munson (BC).  Contending Owens (WC ) &  Demair (SN) & Mann (Mccutch)  Wright should have good chance at getting back to state

195  Collins (Lafayette), Martin (Rossville), Moore (McCutcheon), Trent (WC), Kidwell (WL)   Another Deep class,

220 Meyer (Harrison), Elliot (Cass), Ohani (Rensalear), Rogers (Jeff)  Meyer favorite here.

HWy Kern (Harrison), Hopkins (Mccutcheon), Page (Jeff), Crosser (West Laf)   Always a good match between Kern and Hopkins.

Havent seen much as much of the Twin Lakes sectional,  so Im probably overlooking some decent  wrestlers up North.

Grammar has been wrestling 138, and should do very well there.

Thats interesting.   That will be a fun  match between Lukaszka and Grammar.  Im looking forward to that.    I also correcting my 120 weight forecast.  

I ommitted Porter from Logansport and White as unknown wrestler pointed out..

White (Ren)Porter (Log),  Grimes (Jeff) , Brown (Harrison)  Maybe  Quasebarth (NW) and Bushong (WC) could contend.

138 has to be the deepest weight-class..  I agree with the top 4 (including Grammer) but they are going to have to earn it, just about everyone has a talented kid at 138.  Carden was impressive at Twin Lakes this past weekend.

Layer (Cass) deserves a mention at 145.  Like Wrestling Scholar said, another deep weight-class.

138 has to be the deepest weight-class..  I agree with the top 4 (including Grammer) but they are going to have to earn it, just about everyone has a talented kid at 138.  Carden was impressive at Twin Lakes this past weekend.

Layer (Cass) deserves a mention at 145.  Like Wrestling Scholar said, another deep weight-class.

Carden said he is going 132#  at sectionals.

113 Ball NW could slip down to 3rd maybe.

Watson of Delphi 120 already beat Porter from Logan and is 1-1 with Quasebarth I believe. And Wrestled well with White.  He could be up a bit.

I don't think Mote goes to 160. I think Bowling Beats Mathis in the semi-final.

I think Munson of BC at 182 slips in to third spot.  

Rest of em look too close to try and change em.

113 Ball NW could slip down to 3rd maybe.

Watson of Delphi 120 already beat Porter from Logan and is 1-1 with Quasebarth I believe. And Wrestled well with White.  He could be up a bit.

I don't think Mote goes to 160. I think Bowling Beats Mathis in the semi-final.

I think Munson of BC at 182 slips in to third spot.  

Rest of em look too close to try and change em.

Gary did beat Munson earler this year.   Looks like 120 is wide open with a lot of good kids there.  Should be a barn burner.

I don't have time to go through every weight but I'll say that TL sectional will hold its own, look for NW, LC, WC, Logan to be the top 4 teams from TL & I'd say the 2 sectionals could send very similar numbers to the pirate cove

NW won't see WC until the final Midwest Conference tournament on 1-24. After that tournament the sectional seedings should be a lot more clear & ill have better predictions for the sectional & regional

NW has some good wrestlers & their schedule has gotten a lot tougher seeing more regional & SS opponents in the regular season. The Vikings will be tested & if they can pull out a Conference championship I see them making a run for the sectional title as a team, which has never been accomplished by a NW team

The next few weeks should be interesting Crawfordsville invite & Conference tournaments, should separate a few teams & individuals

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.