Jeff Classic

tskin

Any wrestler can have trouble making weight every once in a while. My only question id like to be answered is why did madison and Oldham county get to weight in if weigh ins were closed? He was told he couldn't weigh in no more 20 minutes before madison weighed in and a hour before Oldham county did. It only cost New.Albany second place and a.trophy. I have no affiliation with New Albany whatsoever. I am just a fan that would like to know why. Coach Jim Binkley has coached.for.over 30 years and never has a comolaint. And when he saw this.he went straight to the back to.get.answers. I thought the rule.read that weigh ins are open untill the door closes. Not trying to argue would.just like a clarification. I really think the tourney director had.no clue of rule. Does anyone?

Any wrestler can have trouble making weight every once in a while. My only question id like to be answered is why did madison and Oldham county get to weight in if weigh ins were closed? He was told he couldn't weigh in no more 20 minutes before madison weighed in and a hour before Oldham county did. It only cost New.Albany second place and a.trophy. I have no affiliation with New Albany whatsoever. I am just a fan that would like to know why. Coach Jim Binkley has coached.for.over 30 years and never has a comolaint. And when he saw this.he went straight to the back to.get.answers. I thought the rule.read that weigh ins are open untill the door closes. Not trying to argue would.just like a clarification. I really think the tourney director had.no clue of rule. Does anyone?

Weigh-in procedures have changed in the last 10 years.

There is no "closing" of weigh-ins. When the kid steps on the scale and is over he can try again or check on the other scales.

So if he steps on and is a tenth over and there are two whole teams that haven't weighed in what are his options? Just so you know team.didnt show.up till about.45.minutes after.he was told.he couldn't weigh in again. And one team 15 minutes after. So hes.sitting in weigh in room a.tenth over watching teams weigh in that got.there.late. wrestling has always.been one of the.most.fair sports there is. Just seems this wasnt fair to the kid. Either weigh ins are open or not for everyone id.think. please.clarify please.

He left the weigh in room because he was told he couldn't wrestle. Why would u leave the weigh in room for.any other reason when u are a tenth over. A good fart and u make weight, cut off some of ur boxers u make weight. Spit 20 times u make weight. I know you had nothing to do with it but if it happend to a madison kid id be saying the same thing. These kids bust their ass all week all season to be able to.compete. if he missed weight and weigh ins were over id be 1.million percent fine with it. Someone has to understand what im.saying.

To make it worse, the only ref that wasnt with a team competing said he should be allowed to weigh in.but the others said no..just fishy

So if he steps on and is a tenth over and there are two whole teams that haven't weighed in what are his options? Just so you know team.didnt show.up till about.45.minutes after.he was told.he couldn't weigh in again. And one team 15 minutes after. So hes.sitting in weigh in room a.tenth over watching teams weigh in that got.there.late. wrestling has always.been one of the.most.fair sports there is. Just seems this wasnt fair to the kid. Either weigh ins are open or not for everyone id.think. please.clarify please.

This

He left the weigh in room...once he left tbe weigh in room his weight became official

He left the weigh in room because he was told he couldn't wrestle. Why would u leave the weigh in room for.any other reason when u are a tenth over. A good fart and u make weight, cut off some of ur boxers u make weight. Spit 20 times u make weight. I know you had nothing to do with it but if it happend to a madison kid id be saying the same thing. These kids bust their ass all week all season to be able to.compete. if he missed weight and weigh ins were over id be 1.million percent fine with it. Someone has to understand what im.saying.

To make it worse, the only ref that wasnt with a team competing said he should be allowed to weigh in.but the others said no..just fishy

And he can't spit or do any weight loss or gain activities after weigh-ins have started. Once he steps on the scale his weigh-in has started and he is done after he checks the other scales. That is the rule. Letting another team(s) weigh-in after the official time is at the discretion of the head official or tournament director. Usually they are lenient for buses or other reasons that make a team late.

Ok thanks for clarifying. So the thing to do.is if u have a kid over weight then just let him run all he can at school then leave when hes on weight and show up late to weigh ins. And the team with integrity and leaves early to make sure they are on time to weigh ins get less time to weigh in? This needs to be fixed. They dont need to start weigh ins till all teams arrive or something. Shouldn't give a kid less time for being on time and doin what they are supposed to do.agree?

Ok thanks for clarifying. So the thing to do.is if u have a kid over weight then just let him run all he can at school then leave when hes on weight and show up late to weigh ins. And the team with integrity and leaves early to make sure they are on time to weigh ins get less time to weigh in? This needs to be fixed. They dont need to start weigh ins till all teams arrive or something. Shouldn't give a kid less time for being on time and doin what they are supposed to do.agree?

OK Wrestling4Ever:

1.  Madison was waiting on bus it got there at 6:45 and we left to Jeffersonville.  I was text Coach Struck the status of our location as I knew we were going to show up after weighins started.

2.  Madison arived to weigh ins between 7:40 and 7:45...two scales still had lines of wrestlers weighing in when we arrived.  

3.  I am sorry your wrestler was over weight and it does suck as I had my 195lber miss weight last week at Columbus North.  (Same wrestler that was 1 seed I had to pull for a injury he got at a morning practice on friday.  Losing kids you are counting on sucks but sometimes it happens)

4.  Every wrestler gets the same opportunity to stepp on initial scale twice then any additional scale in the room once.  Once again if after that he didn't make weight I am sorry that does suck as I know.  

5.  Since we are trying to throw my team under the bus I would like to point out that when we rolled in for weigh ins while other guys where in the room still weighing in I believe I saw the wrestler in question running to cut the remaining weight.  (once weigh in starts no weight cutting activities can occur) 

6.  I can't tell my bus drive to gun it and put it to Ludicrous speed....(random Spaceball reference)

7.  Like I said sorry your kid missed weight but please don't try to question the integrity of my program saying we are cutting weight at our place instead of leaving on time.  Funny thing about this Coach Burress, Coach Struck and I were talking about this exact things as we were hanging out a local watering hole last Sunday.

8.  Best of luck to you the rest of the year.  Coach Burress and Binkley are top notch coaches...Lynch.....ehhhhhhh i guess he is ok lol just kidding RLynch.

Ok tskin,

1) he is not a wrestler on my team or any team I am.affiliated with. Like i said in.my other posts I was more upset with Oldham county getting there so.late. I do believe teams showed up late the night before also. Im not blaming any madison coach or wrestler. The referees are the ones that were suspect to me. The wrestler was told after he weighed in that he missed weight and was not allowed to wrestle. He wasnt told not to leave the room or you wont be allowed to wrestle. Again its not about.missing weight. As I did when I wrestled I believe you should.always be at least a half pound under to be safe. MADISON is not the problem here. Its the way it all went down and the responses I got. Was told by one ref that he feels he should be allowed to wrestle and he didn't agree with it. Then by another in his exact words "Tristan is a smart kid, maybe he will learn from this" then from.another saying no he cant.then from one saying if he hadnt left room heda been fine, then one saying the rule is if doors arent closed then he can weigh in. Then from another saying it was tournament directors decision. Which it clearly wasnt. He was clueless. Why not as a referee and a decent human being tell the KID that is a TENTH over to not leave the room or hed not be allowed to wrestle.then when the refs walk out I heard them telling coaches of their old school about him missing. Why would a "professional" referee do that to begin with. Again this is nothing to do with Madison personally. I respect the school and organization. It doesnt matter now. But I have a feeling if this was a different school and different kid heda been wrestling. I hope THe rule stays the Same for sectional.Sorry if I offended anyone. I didnt mean to at all. And it had NOTHING to.do.with.new albany or dowell. I dont even know.if ive ever talked to him before. Id feel the same if it was a kid from new hope that hasnt won a match in 10 years. Thanks for the replies and input on the matter and good luck to your schools kids rest of the year.

OK Wresting4Ever thanks....sorry I pride myself on teaching the kids the right way and the wrong way to do things so I get sensitive about things like that.  No harm no fould then.  Thanks for breaking it down barney style for me....I think I was exposed to to much depleted uranium over in the sandbox it might be killing my brain cells.

Wrestling4ever, for having no connections to NA you know an aweful lot of details and are very defensive. I'm sure coach Burris and Binkley would rather not have all the attention of one of their wrestlers not making weight. Do you really think MA and OC showed up on purpose late to cheat? Regardless once you step on scales its official. And Jeff scales are typically light anyways. No offense coach struck

Wrestling4ever, for having no connections to NA you know an aweful lot of details and are very defensive. I'm sure coach Burris and Binkley would rather not have all the attention of one of their wrestlers not making weight. Do you really think MA and OC showed up on purpose late to cheat? Regardless once you step on scales its official. And Jeff scales are typically light anyways. No offense coach struck

I agree you do a great job. You've always been a class act. Im sorry about making a big deal out of this but what if this was sectional and ended someones career or something? I believe some rules can be "bent" lol. Gotta use common sense on some. I believe all teams need to weigh in at one time like we used to do.if a team is late because of some bus problems or weather issues then everyone waits. Idk you guys are smart, im sure something can be done for certain situations like these.