Woods vs. Guerra 220 pound matchup 12/11/14

dwise

I was more impressed with Guerra in a loss if that makes sense.  Woods is and has been a great wrestler for the past 3 years now.  I was all but ready to write his name on my prediction for the 220 title.  I only got to see Guerra last year at Mishawaka and at state, I have to say, I think he has improved tremendously.  These two will be fun to watch for the year.  I'd like to see more from him on his feet to create some scoring because he didn't show a lot in that regard.  Woods was more aggressive on his feet and looked like the guy I've seen for the last three years.  Thanks for posting that by the way.

Solid match. Was this a dual or a tournament? Curious because I see coaches in corners so wasn't sure. These 2 will probably meet a few times before the post season I would think.

It was a Dual last night . 

Didn't he also just get pinned in like 40 seconds against Northwood??

In the results it says Summers got DQ'd for a slam . 

Didn't he also just get pinned in like 40 seconds against Northwood??

No he did not. He was disqualified for returning his opponent to the mat harder than the ref felt he should have and the Northwood wrestler could not continue, so Summers got he DQ. He did however beat the #6 in state from Goshen 11-2 last Tuesday evening. There is no doubt that Woods and Guerra are elite wrestlers with great resumes and very deserving of their rankings. Summers is coming in after 2 years off and just getting back into it.......I'm just saying he is someone to keep an eye on and not to be taken lightly.

they will meet up again tomorrow at the charger invite.....and throw in unranked kaleb summers of elkhart memorial (who beat the #6 in state) this week......should be a barnburner for sure!

The Varsity is not at the Charger Invite , for some reason unknown to anyone it was switched this year . The Varsity is in Merrillville and the JV is in Elkhart . I wish someone would of changed the Schools calender so people like myself don't drive to Elkhart and spend 6 bucks only to find out the JV is there. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.