T.E.C Talk

Smalls

Yes. Prescott pinned Brown And from what I saw the Randolph County Title will be a close one! Coming down to Monroe Central and Winchester, with Union City 3rd and Southern 4th. Winchester had 2 kids in the finals and Union City had 2 as well, if I remember correctly. Winchester had Hangen win the finals, ( CONGRATS to him ) and Union City lost both. I believe. But Monroe Central had a few kids in the finals I know Ford, and Phillips both won,( CONGRATS to them ) with Ford beating Prescott. Again showing that R.C title will be close!. I think Winchester has a good shot at the TEC title as well, but will know more once they dual C-ville on the 20th of Jan. with TEC being the 24th. I believe they dual C-ville at Richmond as well in the Charlie Hilton Inv. along with H-town  and Northeastern, which should bring a clearer view into the TEC title.

I did forget that Union City did have a freshman in the finals to. Don't like to leave people out. So Max Harris great job getting there as a freshman and I have a feeling you will be there in years to come. How is Cambridge City, H-town, North Eastern, and Centerville doing to this point in the season?

Lincoln and Hagerstown are in the same vote. Both look young and inexperienced but could have a few individuals that stir things up. Northeastern has a small team but should fair well at there respective weights. Centerville should be able to compete for tec champ. Union county hasn't look impressive yet. Just there hwt. Bowers didn't look good at Connersville and yet to see cam Coffman. Have yet to see union city and Winchester or tri.

Winchester is fairly inconsistent. 

Based on what I've seen if I had to pick today I would be Centerville winning TEC. 

Winchester will have a tougher county than expected Monroe Central is solid. Can't wait for the Ford Prescott rematch. Would love to see Phillips and Hangen as well. 

Northeastern did have some solid wrestlers. 

Charles Barron and Dillon Williams will be another good one to watch.

Perhaps with all your vast wrestling knowledge u could help Mr. Bowers get better. He lost to #2 State Ranked Connor Knapp and a close match with 3rd place finisher from Benton Central, certainly neither a "bad" loss. I'm going to stop there before I say something I shouldn't.

In years past Randolph County used dual style and not brackets.  I am sure it will be the same with only four teams: Monroe Central, Randolph Southern, Union City and Winchester.   It is possible that I may be surprised and things switch to brackets but I really don't think so.

Yes it will be a dual style tourney, I believe. I have not heard of any changes to how it's ran, at least this year. I have heard that there is a lot weight changes as well for this for this event.?? ( only rumors though ) guess we will know for sure tomorrow. It should be a good one too. I feel most certain  it will be between Win. and MC. for the title, and within a couple pointseither way!!!!

It will be a dual. Not sure of order yet which could make a difference seeing that for the most part Union City, Monroe Central, and Winchester have a full roster and Randolph Southern does not essentially giving a bye to almost an entire team the first round. Can honestly say it's the first county I've been excited to watch in nearly 15 years. When Anderson and Jones were coaching it never seemed like too much of a threat at county for Winchester. 

Missing Bigmak. That guy knows south east part of the state better than anyone. Miss his rankings. How long is he banned and why? I am a new member, but followed him as a guest for years. Must have gotten in someone's cross hairs. Shame to be missing out on his knowledge, not just on TEC, but surrounding conference's. Got to admit, the south east posts have not been the same since his ban. Anyone know when it ends? I hear he put a hem of a summer dual team together last year. Anyone know if he will assemble another team like that this year. Hope to see him at Richmond regionals and meet the two all beef patty legend and see what he has been up to.

Prescott was at 145 assuming he will stay there, looked much stronger.

Saw some terrible sportsmanship at the county duals today. Very surprised there weren't any team point penalizations.

Great day of wrestling overall saw some very good things from all of the teams as well.

Barron and Williams will be a great finals match up for TEC.

Lets hear some predictions... I think I'll take Winchester as team champions 

Thompson at 126

Prescott at 145

Barron at 182 (slight edge over Williams after seeing them today) 

Hangen at 220 

Nunez (170), Underwood (160), and Halcomb (152) will all be in the mix for first as well.

I'll have more individuals later.

1. Centerville

2. Winchester 

Individuals big toss up.

Hopefully we will get to see Williams Barron rematch in the finals...

Prescott and Hangen both win.

Jason Hale has been looking really solid the second half of the season top 3 finish.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.