Junior and Senior World Team Trials this weekend

Y2CJ41

Draws are out for FILA Juniors

Stevan Micic has All-American Darrian Cruz first round

Brian Harvey has Isaiah Martinez from Illinois via California

Mitch Sliga has high school phenom Mark Hall first round

http://www.trackwrestling.com/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=1598076

Juniors wrestle tomorrow and seniors will wrestle Saturday and Sunday

Anybody know the status on Jason Tsirtsis? I saw he got 5th at the aisics, I just kind of thought he might me wrestling in this tournament. I was really looking forward to possibly seeing the results of the match we've all been waiting to hear about him vs Aaron Pico.

Pretty certain there isn't a true second here. It doesn't mean anything like at the senior level where it means you are on the US team and get paid.

They do have a True Second Place listed (technically 3rd place since the winner of the Open advanced to the best of 3 finals) , but as Y2 said it doesn't mean as much as the Senior Level top 3.  I would guess it qualifies them for some training camp opportunities and possibly an opportunity for some over seas trips if someone else declines.  Either way Micic also injury defaulted from that match, as well.

Looks like today (Saturday) Indiana has up

Angel Escobedo for the Men's side of things and Demi Strub on the women's side. 

Also, IU Asst. Coach Nick Simmons is wrestling on the opposite side of te bracket to Escobedo. 

Howe and Humphrey set to wrestle at the Trials on Sunday.  Both receiving the #2 seed for the challenge tournament.

No Hildebrandt in the competition though.  I'm guessing she is just planning on competing at the non-Olmypic weight WTT competition scheduled in July.

Taylor over Howe 3-1 to win the Challenge tournament and advance to the Championship match. 

Indiana guys are shut out of Championship matches for this part of the WWT.  We will have to wait and see if any attempt to wrestle in the WTT Phase II competition for the none Olympic Weight Classes which will be held during Cadet and Junior Nationals at Fargo. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.