Projecting out, where to rank Ferguson in Reitz history?

Jayruss

Everybody needs to hold their horses. At this point it's only fair to compare him to all the other two year varsity, one time semi-state qualifiers from Reitz. Until the kid wins the matches that actually matter it is disrespectful to the kids that did to say he is better. But, to his credit, at this point he looks GREAT against 113 pound scrubs.

whatever happened to lucas robertson...did he not finish up...i remember he was really good but can't remember what happened or if he transferred?

Roger Reisz was a stud and might lay claim to a top 3 spot.

I think lucas robertson decided to "retire" during sectionals one year.  :o

He's lost one high school match... I'd say he is worthy to be a part of this discussion, but as I said before... He still has a lot of legacy to live out and leave behind. He'll show you how great he is, just watch and enjoy. :o

Fortunately this isn't a discussion of "winning matches that matter" whatever that means... I was under the impression they all mattered, but I'm still learning.

Kid is a good wrestler, but he is hardly a lock to win one title, let alone 2.  There are a number of good wrestlers that will have something to say about 113 this year.  And next year, depending on where everybody falls weight wise, he could see a number of very talented wrestlers the entire year. 

Let him at least qualify for state before crowning him.

hook and half -  Thanks.  And no apology necessary.  :)  I've been out-of-town for a number of years so I freely admit I'm a bit out-of-the-loop in that regard.  Just the same, please drink a Ski for me if you would, preferably bottled. 

Best of luck to not only Tyler and his Panther teammates as sectionals start, but to the Wildcats as well.  In head-to-head battles, I pull for the Panthers but otherwise, as an original West Sider, I very much root for the Wildcats too. 

Kind regards!

Everybody needs to hold their horses. At this point it's only fair to compare him to all the other two year varsity, one time semi-state qualifiers from Reitz. Until the kid wins the matches that actually matter it is disrespectful to the kids that did to say he is better. But, to his credit, at this point he looks GREAT against 113 pound scrubs.

While I would agree that "everybody needs to hold their horses", I think you are being a little disrespectful to Tyler Ferguson and his competition to this point.  Calling his competition "scrubs" might be just a little rough.  I know Reitz does't wrestle the toughest schedule in the state, but he has beat Kyle Luigs twice this year like no one else has, including DJ Smith.  Kyle has wrestled a very difficult schedule and is a pretty good wrestler himself.  I don't think it was Tyler who started this thread.  I'm not sure at this point why anyone did, but they did.  I'm not a Reitz fan.  I am a MD graduate and my oldest son and daughter are students their now.  Even at that, I can tell you he is very, very good and has a legitimate shot to win two state titles.  How that ranks in Reitz history I don't know and don't really care, but don't bet against him in "the matches that count".  And by the way if you are comparing his to all the other two year varsity, one time semi-state qualifiers, I think he would rank #1. 

I hate to repeat the obvious but, Luigs is no scrub and comparing the way Tyler beat him against the way Dj did I would say the future is looking pretty good for Tyler. Konrath may not be considered a scrub either... LOL

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.