Mt. Vernon Tournament 1-18-14

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final score 9-6. Konrath got a fireman's and held him on his back for two points. If that's what you call a late flurry, then Paul does them all the time. The point that you're missing on your count is the straight minute of stalling Ferguson did to make sure he didn't go back on his back.  Normally I'm quiet on this site but this time I feel it's necessary to make sure my brothers success is not downplayed.  Ferguson wrestled great and earned that victory but my brother wrestled great as well and deserves to be recognized for stepping up to a challenge and not taking the easy road, and not down played.

Final score 9-6. Konrath got a fireman's and held him on his back for two points. If that's what you call a late flurry, then Paul does them all the time. The point that you're missing on your count is the straight minute of stalling Ferguson did to make sure he didn't go back on his back.  Normally I'm quiet on this site but this time I feel it's necessary to make sure my brothers success is not downplayed.  Ferguson wrestled great and earned that victory but my brother wrestled great as well and deserves to be recognized for stepping up to a challenge and not taking the easy road, and not down played.

Here, have a snickers....

Ha ha bb145 I get it calm down.  But I'm not mad, I once again think furguson did a great job.  Even the stalling calls that I mentioned were exactly what anyone would have done.  I just get tired of ppl trying to up play or make excuses.  I think Furguson himself (father and son) would say there was no flurry and both kids wrestled to their strengths.  Great job to Furguson and Paul. 8)

I didn't mean Paul didn't wrestle technical at all!!!!!! But if we're calling a spade a spade I'll bite. Ferguson controlled Paul in the first and second period. Which is why he had a 9-1 lead after 2 periods. Paul is a well rounded very technically sound wrestler without question. And by flurry I'm saying all Pauls points came in the 3rd period with a minute or so left. Not that he didn't earn those points, he did. And as for the stalling call, I'm not so sure that should have been made. Ferguson was in on the leg with 20 second and no real advantage to either wrestler. I however loved that Paul stepped up and took the challenge instead of trying to protect a spotless record. I know the history those boys have between them and I applaud Paul for wrestling Ferguson. It ultimately was good for both too wrestle each other and push each other. Will only strengthen them come tournament time! Good luck to Paul the rest of this year, I will be cheering for him at state too bring home a championship.

You guys are within 100 feet of each other... Just talk it out- cell phones are ruining our social skills and communication amongst humans in general. Have some fresh popcorn and talk it out guys.  ;D kudos to MV coaching and Paul for seizing the opportunity. Great match for them both.

You guys are within 100 feet of each other... Just talk it out- cell phones are ruining our social skills and communication amongst humans in general. Have some fresh popcorn and talk it out guys.  ;D kudos to MV coaching and Paul for seizing the opportunity. Great match for them both.

Haha your right we could except I'm at home. I also think Paul and his family are great people and and have a great deal of respect for them.I wasn't trying to inflate Ferguson's win just report how I saw it. We all have different points of views.

Agreed!!!

Both Konrath and Ferguson are fantastic records and both could end up being state champions in a month, but Konrath should be commended for bumping up a weight class to wrestle another top notch wrestler.  I think it's fantastic that he didn't worry about the possibility of having a loss on his record.  That's probably part of the reason he's as good as he is.  To be the best you have to wrestle the best.  Evansville Semi-State will have a few studs at 106 and 113.  Finals matches of Konrath vs. Egli and Ferguson vs. Smith are going to be great and all four will be very high on the podium at Banker's Life. 

Does anyone know why mt. Vernon forfeits  to Kelley and kemper every time?  Really takes away a chance for their kids to get matches and gives central a guaranteed 12 points. Sounds silly and the fans aren't loving it either

Its because they are scared of competition.

Its because they are scared of competition.

So is that why they bumped Konrath up to wrestle Ferguson, because they are afraid of competition?  What good is it going to do for MV to send two very inexperienced, young wrestlers out to face two of the top kids in the state?  They would learn nothing from getting manhandled.  There would be zero experience gained.  They would either get taken down and pinned or it would be a take down clinic for a couple periods and then pinned.  Why give Central the satisfaction of embarassing two young kids? 

Does anyone know why mt. Vernon forfeits  to Kelley and kemper every time?  Really takes away a chance for their kids to get matches and gives central a guaranteed 12 points. Sounds silly and the fans aren't loving it either

If you can't figure it out then you either are unaware of the lineup or dumb as a post.

Central didn't forfeit to Konrath and it was a first year wrestler.

Kudos to them.  Does Mt. Vernon's coaches control Centrals lineup?  Don't think this is the first time coaches have had differing opinions on how to approach matches between young, inexperienced wrestlers facing well known state ranked studs. 

It's Busch league. They come to wrestle. Not take forfeits. How is mt. Vernon ever going to be mentally tough if they don't learn how to take a loss every once in awhile. Plus who knows if they both get pinned. That's a slap in the face to your kids

And they got to wrestle.  Just not against MV.  I don't think that this was Kelley or Kempers first ever forfeit because a team sits a kid and I don't it will be their last.  I highly doubt MV's mental toughness was affected because of these forfeits.  I suspect that the only reason you are bringing this up is because it is MV.

It is the first time I have noticed it this year, especially in a winnable duel.  I will apologize for my post when another team does it. Or when central forfeits to a kid when they have a kid to wrestle. Experience is experience. Almost every wrestler gets beat and a couple times in their career. It makes them tougher and motivates them to be better. At least that's what happened to me. Getting beat it the best motivation.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.