197- Eric Johnson- Calumet #16

NJCAA

184- Matt Hurford- Ellsworth #2

197- Ian Early- Lincoln #10

WCWA

109- Grace Paxton- Cumberlands #6

123- Sarah Hildebrandt- King #2

155- Demi Strub- Oklahoma City #3

Yes I forgot about him and Howe for some odd reason. I was more concerned with getting all the lower division kids.

When I was 16 and just starting to drive, I pulled into a McDonald's.  I was so worried with my Dad's car that I'd forget to turn off the lights or to lock some door or to take some valuable with me that I left the car running--with the doors locked, of course.  The human brain is a funny thing sometimes.

Where do NAIA schools fall into the mix of D1, D2 and D3? It seems to be mostly smaller colleges but what is the difference between them and say D3 schools? I would assume that they would have their own national champions like the other divisions do? One thing I heard was that NAIA school can give athletic scholarships versus D3 that cannot. It that true?

Where do NAIA schools fall into the mix of D1, D2 and D3? It seems to be mostly smaller colleges but what is the difference between them and say D3 schools? I would assume that they would have their own national champions like the other divisions do? One thing I heard was that NAIA school can give athletic scholarships versus D3 that cannot. It that true?

Yes NAIA can give athletic scholarships. Also the school sets the budget per team I believe, they don't have the scholarship limits from the governing body like the NCAA does. At least when I wrestled NAIA that's how it was. They also have their own championships.

NAIA.org

Yes NAIA can give athletic scholarships. Also the school sets the budget per team I believe, they don't have the scholarship limits from the governing body like the NCAA does. At least when I wrestled NAIA that's how it was. They also have their own championships.

NAIA.org

NAIA has a limit of 8 scholarships for VARSITY athletes. They have no limit on the non-varsity athletes however. NCAA teams are allotted 9.9(for DI) and 9.0(for DII) for the WHOLE team.

Also this is from their website

http://www.naia.org/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205322931

Academically gifted students can be exempted from these limits if they meet grade or test score criteria established by the NAIA. Aid to students who play at the junior varsity level does not count in the overall limits.

As far as competition level all three divisions, they all have their tough weights.  There are many former DI wrestlers in the line-ups at each division. There are also some EXTREMELY talented wrestlers in each division that could have done quite well at the DI level.

Quite a list here

DI

149- Jason Tsirtsis- Northwestern #5

174- Andrew Howe- Oklahoma #1

197- Braden Atwood- Purdue #16

285- Adam Chalfant- Indiana #7

DII

125- Alex Johns- Indianapolis #2

149- Cameryn Brady- Indianapolis #4

DIII

133- Levi Moss- Wabash #7

133- Layton Binion- North Central #8

157- Reece Lefever- Wabash #3

165- Josh Sampson- Wabash #9

174- Conner Lefever- Wabash #6

184- Riley Lefever- Wabash #3

NAIA

125- Kris McKinley- Indiana Tech #8

141- Brandon Wright- Grandview #6

141- Travis Barroquilo- Indiana Tech #7

149- Matt Milton- Campbellsville #16

165- Kirk Johnson- Cumberland #8

184- Taylor DeLong- Indiana Tech #8

197- Eric Johnson- Calumet #16

NJCAA

184- Matt Hurford- Ellsworth #2

197- Ian Early- Lincoln #10

WCWA

109- Grace Paxton- Cumberlands #6

123- Sarah Hildebrandt- King #2

155- Demi Strub- Oklahoma City #3

Just seen Brian Harvey at 25th for Army.  Eppert, Nelson, Raley and Roach as well on this site.

http://wrestlingreport.com/college/rank/ncaa_rank.htm

You may look at Naia schools for smaller class sizes as well. Naia schools compete in many open tournaments, and usually get alot of wrestling time. Naia National Duals are this weekend in Iowa.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.