160 finals

SLDchamp

Gotta throw in Jolas. He was looking solid in the preseason.

Corsaro is the favorite, but there could definitely be a few different possibilities.

I havent had a chance to see him wrestle, I really wouldn't be shocked to see Borta take the cake

I thought Vinny was a shoe-in before seeing Hughes wrestle this weekend. I was very impressed with him. From what I hear, he is constantly pushing himself in the room. I have a feeling that Corsaro would have his hands full if they meet. I hope they get to match up under the lights and not in the semis.

I thought Vinny was a shoe-in before seeing Hughes wrestle this weekend. I was very impressed with him. From what I hear, he is constantly pushing himself in the room. I have a feeling that Corsaro would have his hands full if they meet. I hope they get to match up under the lights and not in the semis.

Was Hughs a semi state champ last year? And was his Friday night loss to McKloskey?

All this talk about hughes, didnt joles beat him just a couple months ago at the ihpo. If i remember right he handled him pretty easily on his feet. Maybe we should be looking at corsaro versus joles. Just my thoughts. Time will tell.

All this talk about hughes, didnt joles beat him just a couple months ago at the ihpo. If i remember right he handled him pretty easily on his feet. Maybe we should be looking at corsaro versus joles. Just my thoughts. Time will tell.

exactly why i started the thread, I think alot of people considered Corsaro a for sure 1, and nothing against him, he is a stud, but there is alot of potential in the top 4 or 5

Was Hughes a semi state champ last year? And was his Friday night loss to McKloskey?

No and Yes.  Hughes lost 1-0 to Mark Maldonado at Semi-State, finishing 3rd.  McCloskey also had a lost at Semi-State finishing 2nd.  This led to the unfortunate Friday night match up resulting in Hughes not placing.

Helm also beat Hughes that day.  Nothing against Helm or Jolas but everyone can have an off day and Hughes seemed off that day.

Vinny won't loose IMO. But just a thought, Jolas beat Hughes at the IndianaMat tournament and was a round or two away from placing at super32 as well. Don't think it was an off day, I just don't like that match up for Hughes. 

1: Vinny

2: Jolas

3: Hughes

4: Hiestand

5: Borta

Call me crazy, but Yorktown is real good about wrestling guys the second time.

perhaps, or Helms is pretty good. It's Cosaro and then the rest.

My comment was not intended to sound like an insult to Helms, sorry if it came across that way. 

I am sure Corsaro is looking forward to the great matches ahead.   

I find it hard to even contemplate a 2x state runner up doing anything but completing his task this year.

I have had the pleasure of watching Corsero and Borta multiple times every year. Also Kenny Hughes at the Traicoff.

Not this year of course due to weather Lowell cancelled. Borta is MUCH improved from last year. Didnt see the

Heistand match but 11-5 is a good margin. Cant comment on Jolas.

IMO Vinny gets it done and the rest depends on seeding at state.

Vinny and Borta will meet at semi state.

Vinny is a beast in the wrestling room. You can see the hunger. I'm pulling for the sizzlin' Sicilian sensation. He needs his name on the wall in the Cathedral State Champion Corner.

Now, if we can lock up a couple more at Banker's, we might finally win that elusive trophy.

Blake Rypel and Wesley Bernard may help you do so.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.