Why?

decbell1

www.ihswca.org/home/teamstate

The list of teams is already there.  As I get more info about the tournament, I'll keep updating it.  Once the seeds and brackets are determined, I'll post those.  If there is anything else you want added, just let me know and I'll find it and post it.

It's a new website for the IHSWCA, so it's still a work in progress.  The event is still quite new, so they are spending time working on the nuts and bolts of organizing the event before they can make it all pretty with fancy promotions.  That is unless someone is willing to step up and offer to help with it, like I did with the website.  All it took for me was an email to Danny - no meetings, just an offer to help and taking the initiative to keep communicating back and forth with the board.

Jake

It says you may have made some changes to the seating. Can you expand on that? Wil people be moving gyms throughout the day? How many mats are you using? Can you put a breakdown of which teams will be in which gym for each round.

When is the draw? For some odd reason I keep getting coaches and media people asking me about it.

There is no reason someone...especially myself....should be asking when the brackets will be released for this event.

Some one like yourself? You're not Barack Obama....

It says you may have made some changes to the seating. Can you expand on that? Wil people be moving gyms throughout the day? How many mats are you using? Can you put a breakdown of which teams will be in which gym for each round.

First, I am not on the IHSWCA Board, so I did not make any changes.  I'm just trying to help communicate info through the website.

Second, when you mention "It says..." I do not know what information you are referring to.

I wasn't at last year's event, but I have been to Westfield's facilities for other tournaments.  I'm guessing that they will have 4 mats in the main gym and 8 mats in their fieldhouse.  I've heard that they are working on providing more seating in the fieldhouse this year.  Maybe that's the change in seating you're talking about.

Nothing has been released yet about which teams will be in which gyms.  As soon as it is, I will post that information.

When is the draw? For some odd reason I keep getting coaches and media people asking me about it.

There is no reason someone...especially myself....should be asking when the brackets will be released for this event.

The draw was scheduled to be done at the Jeff Classic, but due to complaints in another thread, it was postponed.  I have not heard when it will be yet.  I do know that it will have to be after they finalize the seeds. 

I'm not on the board, but I get the feeling that they couldn't win in this situation.  If they stuck to their original plan, people would complain that they seeded to soon and didn't have enough results yet.  Now that they took that advice and postponed it, they are getting complaints that it isn't soon enough.

I just hope they learn something from all this for preparations of next year's event planning.

The draw was scheduled to be done at the Jeff Classic, but due to complaints in another thread, it was postponed.  I have not heard when it will be yet.  I do know that it will have to be after they finalize the seeds. 

I'm not on the board, but I get the feeling that they couldn't win in this situation.  If they stuck to their original plan, people would complain that they seeded to soon and didn't have enough results yet.  Now that they took that advice and postponed it, they are getting complaints that it isn't soon enough.

I just hope they learn something from all this for preparations of next year's event planning.

If they postponed it I don't think people will complain, but there was no announcement of the postponement. Most coaches would understand the reason why it was postponed. The problem is yet again, lack of communication. Just communicate to the people what is going on and they will understand.

I am not a very important person, but I seem to have coaches and media asking me about details of the event that I can't answer.

That seems to be the biggest concern to me is how there seems to be no original plan. They keep taking people's complaints and concerns and changing stuff weekly. They need to set whatever in stone, and come next year if stuff needs fixed then that would be the right time. That way the Westfield Invitational can become a center point in Indiana wrestling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.