Will Cathedral vs New Pal be a good match tonight?

Onkoar

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Drew is tuff. All I'm saying is I think Bailey gives him all he wants & has a good chance of beating him. When I refer to him as a little over ranked, I'm just saying I like a few others over him such as Egli, Cummings, Konrath, Reitz even though he just lost in OT to him & of course Bailey. & last point place or no place, Harvey at 145 is a beast this yr & I stand by my statement that Penn's 145 has no chance!

I believe I gave the Cathedral 145 a Major over Penn's Teague (And that is not a given) could be just a  decision . At 170 Penn's Slatton is currently ranked 11th and just lost to 3rd ranked Sopho (Hobart) in overtime . Slatton is Penn's 170 backup , as I believe Osborne is Penn's starter at 170 . This is a toss up weight . This is only my prediction , not quite as bold as your prediction , as there are a few teams that match up very well with Cathedral .

Penn          Cathedral

106                3

113                                        3

120                9

126                13

132                                        6

138                17

145                                        10

152                20

160                                        16

170                                        19

182                                        23

195                23

220                29

285                                        29

29-29  Tie

I believe I gave the Cathedral 145 a Major over Penn's Teague (And that is not a given) could be just a  decision . At 170 Penn's Slatton is currently ranked 11th and just lost to 3rd ranked Sopho (Hobart) in overtime . Slatton is Penn's 170 backup , as I believe Osborne is Penn's starter at 170 . This is a toss up weight . This is only my prediction , not quite as bold as your prediction , as there are a few teams that match up very well with Cathedral .

How crazy is it that slatton after the week he had with a win over bates and a tight loss to Sopko can't even break that line up along with cheffe at 95

Please list Penn's line up that this prediction is based on.

106=Hildebrandt #1

113-Slates          #11

120- Davis          #2

126-Beam

132-Manspeaker

138-Varner (Ranked last year)

145-Teague (Could be ranked)

152-Rhinehart      #5

160-Mammolenti  #9

170-Osborne previous state Qualifier (backup Slatton ranked 11th)

182-Wiseman #12

195-Chaffee

220-Woods #4 at 195

285- Stohler #14 at 220

The Irish have a squad I'm going to hold my opinion until after Saturday.

I agree , Cathedral has one heck of a team, but to say they are the best in the state is a little to early . There are a few teams that might have something to say about that .

At 106 you can't just state that since someone had a close match with another kid such as (Bailey vs. White) that the should be overrated or underrated because if you look back at the recent years most of all the 106 pounders have had history with each other and they all know what each other do therefore it would be a close match IMO

Why do you think bailey is way under ranked? If that's the case I guess White from New Pal is grossly under ranked.

the match wasn't even close last night I heard it was 6-2 with 30 seconds left and he gave up a reversal and got hit with 2 stalling calls in a matter of 19 seconds

Bailey lost a 5-3 decision to Colton Cummings at Folkstyle State last spring (Cadet 94).  Hildebrandt placed 1st at Cadet 100.  Thought they might have met up there, but no.  I think it will be a close match like many are between great wrestlers, but on paper I give the edge to Hildebrandt

I think the problem teams will have with them is that they have 8 weights that are tuff as nails & a ninth & tenth weight at 132 & 220 that is just a notch below. In order to beat them, you have to win at least 3 or 4 of those weights & then win every other weight class against what I call there average weights & I just don't see 1 team out there being able to pull it off. And please don't let me hear until someone knocks Perry off, they are # 1!  Perry CAN NOT match up against them!  And also for the record, I'm just a fan. I don't have any bias towards Cathedral. As a matter of fact I don't even like them as I believe they recruit like a college program as they just happen to have 3 freshman studs from center grove!!!!

So Cathedral has 4  other guys on the same level as Harvey , Corsaro , Rypel and Bernard ? This is what your post is saying . 8 guys , with 2 more a notch below .

Bailey lost a 5-3 decision to Colton Cummings at Folkstyle State last spring (Cadet 94).  Hildebrandt placed 1st at Cadet 100.  Thought they might have met up there, but no.  I think it will be a close match like many are between great wrestlers, but on paper I give the edge to Hildebrandt

They also all wrestled at middle school state when drew was an 8th grader and 1st was Colton Cummings 2nd breyden bailey 3rd Alec white 4th drew hildebrandt Bailey lost to Colton in the semis 3-2 then wrestled drew and beat him 2-0 and wrestled Alec for true second and beat him 5-2. It's all gonna be close they have wrestled each other before

106=Hildebrandt vs Bailey Dec (3-0)

113-Slates  vs Turner Dec (3-3)

120- Davis  vs Lewis Fall (9-3)

126-Beam  vs ? Major (13-3)

132-Manspeaker vs Devine Dec (16-3)

138-Varner  vs ? Fall (22-3)

145-Teague vs Harvey Major (16-7)

152-Rhinehart vs Larson Dec (19-7)

160-Mammolenti vs Carsaro Fall (19-13)

170-Osborne vs Stewart Dec (19-16)

182-Wiseman vs Rypel Dec (19-19)

195-Chaffee  vs ? Dec (22-19)

220-Woods vs Guhl Major (26-22)

285- Stohler vs Bernard Dec (26-25) Penn Wins

Interesting match up. 113 is a HUGE swing weight as is 152. Penn having a "good" back up at 70 could move a little if needed. Does Penn have a back up 120 to put in to get a fall? They could go 6 and 6 if Davis goes up to 126. 

106=Hildebrandt vs Bailey Dec (3-0)

113-Slates  vs Turner Dec (3-3)

120- Davis  vs Lewis Fall (9-3)

126-Beam  vs ? Major (13-3)

132-Manspeaker vs Devine Dec (16-3)

138-Varner  vs ? Fall (22-3)

145-Teague vs Harvey Major (16-7)

152-Rhinehart vs Larson Dec (19-7)

160-Mammolenti vs Carsaro Fall (19-13)

170-Osborne vs Stewart Dec (19-16)

182-Wiseman vs Rypel Dec (19-19)

195-Chaffee  vs ? Dec (22-19)

220-Woods vs Guhl Major (26-22)

285- Stohler vs Bernard Dec (26-25) Penn Wins

Interesting match up. 113 is a HUGE swing weight as is 152. Penn having a "good" back up at 70 could move a little if needed. Does Penn have a back up 120 to put in to get a fall? They could go 6 and 6 if Davis goes up to 126.

I think your missing a fall at HWT, and possibly at 170lbs and or 182lbs, I would bet 2-3 gets a fall IMO.....

So Cathedral has 4  other guys on the same level as Harvey , Corsaro , Rypel and Bernard ? This is what your post is saying . 8 guys , with 2 more a notch below .

45,60,82,Hwt  then 06,13,70 (three stud freshman) & 52. That makes 8. Of course as freshman, people will not give them credit for being on that level, but when you see them in person, you soon realize just how good they are not to mention the level they will be at as seniors!

Awesome discussion on this topic  and I can't wait to see how it plays out!

45,60,82,Hwt  then 06,13,70 (three stud freshman) & 52. That makes 8. Of course as freshman, people will not give them credit for being on that level, but when you see them in person, you soon realize just how good they are not to mention the level they will be at as seniors!

Awesome discussion on this topic  and I can't wait to see how it plays out!

Those freshmen are not on the level of Cathedrals 145,60,82 and hwt . They might be when they are juniors and seniors , but they are not right now . That is my point .

My point is that these 3 freshman are the real deal & only by seeing them in person will one understand that they are not too far away from those other 4. I would even venture to say they will surpass their level before they are done. Also keep in mind that their 170 is really a 10th grader in age. ( like Forte was as as freshman)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.