Will Cathedral vs New Pal be a good match tonight?

Onkoar

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if Wagner and Rypel face off that should be good. Other than that most of new pals studs don't appear to match up with cathedrals studs. Should be a good match to watch however I'm guessing a lot of lopsided victories.

I watched & I will go on record right now catherdral is the best team in the state. They will win team state & will win if team points were calculated at individual state. 145-182 for them is unreal , then throw in Hwt with a 106 & 113 that match up against anyone. Also a solid 132.

Penn's pretty dang solid from 106-285, and it seems like Mater Dei is too... Team state 3A will be awesome.

I think the problem teams will have with them is that they have 8 weights that are tuff as nails & a ninth & tenth weight at 132 & 220 that is just a notch below. In order to beat them, you have to win at least 3 or 4 of those weights & then win every other weight class against what I call there average weights & I just don't see 1 team out there being able to pull it off. And please don't let me hear until someone knocks Perry off, they are # 1!  Perry CAN NOT match up against them!  And also for the record, I'm just a fan. I don't have any bias towards Cathedral. As a matter of fact I don't even like them as I believe they recruit like a college program as they just happen to have 3 freshman studs from center grove!!!!

Cathedral is very good this year but I really think you should do some research on some of the other teams. They may win but it will be very tough as Perry, penn, Franklin and mater dei all match up tough against them.

I agree Cathedral is very strong, but let's not bow down on our knees for them now. Any program that wins state will have to put in the dedication and hard work to win. Perry didn't just win state four times in a row w/o putting I the work. A lot of the teams mentioned can win state if they just put in the hard work, because we all know they are several talented teams out there. But also can all these teams stay healthy and out of trouble..? And let's not forget about Warren Central. Yes Cathedral punished them, but they were missing TWO #4, a #5, and a #8 kid(s) in the state. Okay, that's all I got.

Penn's pretty dang solid from 106-285, and it seems like Mater Dei is too... Team state 3A will be awesome.

Penn          Cathedral

106                3

113                3

120                6

126                                        3

132                3

138                3

145                                        4

152                3

160                                        3

170                                        3

182                                        3

195                3

220                3

285                                        6

27-22  Penn

This is my prediction if both teams are healthy .

I think the problem teams will have with them is that they have 8 weights that are tuff as nails & a ninth & tenth weight at 132 & 220 that is just a notch below. In order to beat them, you have to win at least 3 or 4 of those weights & then win every other weight class against what I call there average weights & I just don't see 1 team out there being able to pull it off. And please don't let me hear until someone knocks Perry off, they are # 1!  Perry CAN NOT match up against them!  And also for the record, I'm just a fan. I don't have any bias towards Cathedral. As a matter of fact I don't even like them as I believe they recruit like a college program as they just happen to have 3 freshman studs from center grove!!!!

Yep, better do the match ups and bonus points that other teams are capable of scoring. Just my opinion!

Penn          Cathedral

106                3

113                3

120                6

126                                        3

132                3

138                3

145                                        4

152                3

160                                        3

170                                        3

182                                        3

195                3

220                3

285                                        6

27-22  Penn  This is my prediction if both teams are healthy .

Please list Penn's line up that this prediction is based on.

Penn's 106 will have his hands full so that is by no means a given & I don't believe their 113 can win. Also can't give them 132. Just don't see the 27-22 score in Penn's favor

If Penn's #1 ranked(106) is going to have his hands full with Cathedrals 10th ranked kid , would it be fair to say that #1 Corsaro will have his hands full with Penn's 9th ranked Mammolenti at 160? Or how about #1 ranked Rypel against 12 th ranked Wiseman from Penn at 182 ? I pretty much gave the higher ranked kid the W from either school . I will also say that Penn is very good at 138(Varner) was ranked last year and Teague/Prentice at 145 . Prentice was an Iswa Cadet Folkstyle state champ this past season . Don't know if Prentice is at 145 still , but I believe Teague is .

My reasoning at 106 is that I believe bailey at 106 is under ranked by a pretty good amount. At the same time I believe Penn's 106 is a little over ranked. 138 isn't up for debate as I have given it to Penn. As far as 145, 160, & 182 , there is NO WAY Penn competes. These are kids with national credentials we are talking about. Too much for Penn to deal with at these weights. Again 106 is different because the gap is MUCH less!

Yes Drew is tuff. All I'm saying is I think Bailey gives him all he wants & has a good chance of beating him. When I refer to him as a little over ranked, I'm just saying I like a few others over him such as Egli, Cummings, Konrath, Reitz even though he just lost in OT to him & of course Bailey. & last point place or no place, Harvey at 145 is a beast this yr & I stand by my statement that Penn's 145 has no chance!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.